Group D - Ireland, Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe

the only people who make fun of him on that are indians and pakistanis.goes to show how british brainswashed us into thinking negatively about our own language.

gambino said:
you wont see a spanish or french footballer be forced to speak english so why should cricketers be treated any different?

That's because of the colonial nature of cricket. All the countries have a connection with England. That doesn't exist for France or Spain.
However I agree with you completely. There's no reason at all why the Pakistan team shouldn't speak Urdu.
Now to start a campaign for the Scottish team to conduct their interviews in gaelic...

desidudecool said:
the only people who make fun of him on that are indians and pakistanis.goes to show how british brainswashed us into thinking negatively about our own language.
The only thing that annoys me about Inzi is that even when a Pakistani/Indian commentator tries to talk to him in Urdu, he'll start off in English. If you know you can't speak English well enough (which is okay), why not just speak Urdu when you have the chance to. Anyway, I'm glad he'll be speaking in Urdu now.

barmyarmy said:
However I agree with you completely. There's no reason at all why the Pakistan team shouldn't speak Urdu.

Infact there was a time when only a hand-ful Pakistanis knew English.Nothing wrong with that at all.
People tend to come up with smart answers in their native language,for example look at Virender Sehwag....his english is poor,but he can answer really well in hindi.

the new Pakistan players can speak english very well but older players can't speak english like Inzi....speaking english is important for cricket team because they all travel around the world and everyone cant understand urdu and english is the only international language......so it is important for players to learn and speak english....

gambino said:
you wont see a spanish or french footballer be forced to speak english so why should cricketers be treated any different?

Thats coz cricket is the gentleman's game ! :p

rumours has it that windies players were partying b4 the windies and india game

Man who cares if they dont know english... They are here to play cricket and do the nation proud not to speak english..

Did anyone notice that the Pakistani players were the happiest bunch there? :D

Also, an interview on Geo with Inzy was a classic. Everytime he is asked that will Pakistan win the World Cup, his answer is "Allah say Dua karoy, phir Inshallah hum jeet jaya gai" which in english is "Pray to god, and hopefully we shall win". No wonder Rana has a beard now, it seems to be working for most players ;)

I still believe this team has what it takes to make it into the finals, and even win it. Saying that because we are missing players we can't win the WC is wrong. In 2003, we proved that :p

cric_craze said:
rumours has it that windies players were partying b4 the windies and india game

Im not surprised mate, these Windies are very unpredictable!

barmyarmy said:
That's because of the colonial nature of cricket. All the countries have a connection with England. That doesn't exist for France or Spain.
Now to start a campaign for the Scottish team to conduct their interviews in gaelic...

Can't understand them either way :p

Come on Pakistan!!!! Bowlers will be the key and batsmen already in form so can expect a good match with Gayle firing at the top for windies.

Users who are viewing this thread