Group F - Australia, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Good win for Pakistan. Time to plan for the next game. Maybe its time to promote Misbah to 3rd and then have Abdur Rehman and Fawad Alam come in.

This has to be a possibility for our next game:

Salman Butt
Mohammad Hafeez
Misbah Ul-Haq
Younis Khan
Shahid Afridi
Shoaib Malik
Fawad Alam
Kamran Akmal
Sohail Tanvir
Umar Gul
Mohammad Asif/Ifthkar Anjum

Time to give the bench players a go.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Salman Butt has had enough chances. Honestly, if he gets a good score it is going to cost Pakistan at least 20-30 runs. On that account, it will be interesting to see if Pakistan can make changes to their bowling lineup. They have been the driving force for Pakistan. If a change weakens their ability to restrict the opposition, perhaps the top order will finally come under scrutiny.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Salman Butt has had enough chances. Honestly, if he gets a good score it is going to cost Pakistan at least 20-30 runs. On that account, it will be interesting to see if Pakistan can make changes to their bowling lineup. They have been the driving force for Pakistan. If a change weakens their ability to restrict the opposition, perhaps the top order will finally come under scrutiny.
It is under scrutiny, I've been reading Jang (local urdu newspaper)

Some reporter wrote a small, but a very imposing article about them.

He feels the combination tried yesterday of Nazir, Hafeez, then Butt was not the way to go.

And I must say, I agree with him - that was rediculous. Why would you have Butt at #3?

Look, just tell Butt to attack, and tell Nazir to play on the ground. Then Hafeez can bat at #3 or #6 (he can be a floater)

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Good win for Pakistan. Time to plan for the next game. Maybe its time to promote Misbah to 3rd and then have Abdur Rehman and Fawad Alam come in.

This has to be a possibility for our next game:

Salman Butt
Mohammad Hafeez
Misbah Ul-Haq
Younis Khan
Shahid Afridi
Shoaib Malik
Fawad Alam
Kamran Akmal
Sohail Tanvir
Umar Gul
Mohammad Asif/Ifthkar Anjum

Time to give the bench players a go.

i dont agree with the 11 that you have there, the middle order of Younis, Malik and Misbah has been amazing this tournament probably the best so far and i wouldnt change it around to just give Afridi more time at the crease. Younis has made his name at being one of the best 1 down players in the game and has done amazing in the tournament, in my opinion it needs to stay #3Younis, #4 Malik #5 Misbah and than Afridi at 6.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
The middle order has been too good, compared with the top. Where is the logic in limiting the amount of time your best players spend at the crease? I agree that Younus is a steely no. 3, but at least one more of these batsmen should be higher than no. 4, capitalising on the field restrictions and having a chance to score 70 or even 100.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I personally don't think Butt should even be playing. However, they would open with Afridi and with Afridi and Nazir you would have two openers who could completely take the game away but would probably be out within balls of each other in the first few overs.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I would like to see Afridi open with Malik. I don't think Afridi is a high chance of getting a good score, but he doesn't waste many balls doing what he does. The weaker batsmen, Imran Nazir, Mohammad Hafeez, et al, I don't care if they think they are openers, for the team's sake they should all be down the order behind Misbah-ul-Haq.

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
I wouldn't read much into it. Geoff Lawson doesn't have a clue when it comes to common cricket knowledge. This is a guy who once said we would've beaten New Zealand earlier in the year 3-0 if Stuart Clark had've played on the tour.

Nevertheless, Clark has done enough in this tournament to warrant a place in the side for the time being. Strangely enough, he goes alright in Twenty20 matches due to the fact that everything he bowls seems to get skyed up in the air & not over the boundary line and he has good variety in Twenty20 aswell but generally in a 50 over match when the batsman are going for broke for every ball his bowling, his useless & he'll always go well over 5 an over in the 50 over form anyway.

We need Hogg in there. Drop Johnson.

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
I personally don't think Butt should even be playing. However, they would open with Afridi and with Afridi and Nazir you would have two openers who could completely take the game away but would probably be out within balls of each other in the first few overs.

The problem is that Butt is the VC and we cannot drop him out of the team anymore.

Hafeez has to play. He's an all-rounder and not a bad one at that.

anakwalajinn

Club Cricketer
Don't change position of Misbah when he is performing...!
Swap Butt with Fawad Alam, and Hafeez & Imran opening against Bangladesh :)
Easy as that...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Can we have Sri Lanka beat Australia and India beat South Africa tomorrow? We can then have three Asian sides in the top four and that would be fantastic.

Arunava

Club Captain
Since he is VC, Pak cannot drop him, but what they can do is not ask him to slog, he seems more of quality batsman than slogger, so Pak team must ask him to play thoughout the innings and other players playing hard around him. This is work better I guess. Surely he can't slog from what i've seen till now.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
I wouldn't read much into it. Geoff Lawson doesn't have a clue when it comes to common cricket knowledge. This is a guy who once said we would've beaten New Zealand earlier in the year 3-0 if Stuart Clark had've played on the tour.

Nevertheless, Clark has done enough in this tournament to warrant a place in the side for the time being. Strangely enough, he goes alright in Twenty20 matches due to the fact that everything he bowls seems to get skyed up in the air & not over the boundary line and he has good variety in Twenty20 aswell but generally in a 50 over match when the batsman are going for broke for every ball his bowling, his useless & he'll always go well over 5 an over in the 50 over form anyway.

We need Hogg in there. Drop Johnson.
Clark is the most overrated OD bowler in the history of the universe. He is predictable, uneconomic and has done nothing in ODI cricket. People forget that 50 over cricket is different from 4 or 5 day cricket. Geoff Lawson is a major culprit. Be careful Pakistan.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Our bowlers are looking awesome today, well our openers are. I feel a lot more safer when we bowl first especially in conditions like today.

Users who are viewing this thread