Hindi Cinema Discussion

it was pretty light stuff compared to the comedy central roasts, but the racist jokes were wayyy overboard. if they were going to edit stuff out, it should have been that. that is not acceptable in any country.

Yeah, I echo your thoughts completely

these were kept in though. or maybe just the less extreme ones?

The only thing I didn't hear in it was the "SRK-KJO" jokes and the "Arpita Khan". All others were there (Aditya Chopra, Boney-Sridevi, Chetan Bhagat and Narendra Modi).

This entire roast (by AIB on Ranveer-Arjun and Karan) got so nauseating in the end that I had to go out and take a breather after being totally suffocated with it. It was like "unleash all the dirt that you have inside and be liberated". I am sure a lot of those people felt liberated at the end of it, having washed all that dirty linen in public. Frankly, the next show they do, I would read tons of reviews and really watch it only if its heavily censored. I just can't take this much of adult content (Seriously, I am not a kid and can take adult content; but not to this extreme)

Yes the jokes about Boney Kapoor, Sridevi and Chetan Bhagat were there but there was only one joke about each of them. They edited the rest of them. I didn't hear anything about Narendra Modi as well. It wasn't extreme if you are used to watching roast.

Yeah, I echo your thoughts completely

i mean, it's not even funny. this whole fascination with light skin, and disgust with dark skin in india turns my stomach a little. i just don't get it. it seems like indians are always trying to put ourselves into boxes to separate ourselves from each other- religion, caste, skin color, north-south, etc. there's edgy comedy, and then there's this...

LOL yeah. I dont think it was a matter of appropriate. It was about not pi$$ing off influential people like Modi and Salman.

Besides the racist jokes, I personally found the parineeti comment very tasteless. Even though it was a setup for KJO's joke. In a country where crime against women is a major issue, such a comment was totally unneeded and in poor taste

LOL. Apparently, and unsurprisingly, Salman was very upset with AIB and said he would roast them for making fun of his sister. Also threats by Maharashtra govt to launch investigation into whether or not AIB was vulgar :facepalm

So AIB wussed out and took the video down. Claiming they stand for freedom of speech but they don't want to hurt people :facepalm

Well that was a pretty predictable reaction. The roast was ok but still I appreciate the fact that AIB tried to bring something new to the Indian comedy. The thing is though that it was never going to work in India because we get offended so easily in India and nobody is able to take a joke on themselves. They will talk about Indian culture and everything to hide the fact that they can't take a tweaking joke on themselves.

Screen Shot 2015-02-07 at 11.53.02 AM.png

The funnier thing is, people are upset with Ranveer, KJO, Deepika, Sonakshi etc. for actually being good sports and taking the jokes LOL

Aamir's views on AIB Roast

“I have not yet seen that roast, but I have heard a lot about it roast’. And I have seen 2-3 clips of that, I was deeply affected by that and I was most disappointed in what I was hearing. I completely believe in freedom of speech no issues, but we have to understand we all have certain responsibilities. When I heard what was being described to me I felt it was a very violent event. I do not like such things. Violence does not mean only physical, it can be verbal too. When you insult someone, you are perpetuating violence. When you are abusing or insulting someone, you are showing the world how violent you are,” said Aamir Khan.

ROFL !! Apparently the word "context" doesn't exist in his dictionary :spy

saw PK. good movie. songs were shit. other than that, a good message, well acted, and although a lot of it was recycled from OMG, there was a lot of original stuff. probably not as good as 3 idiots, but still very good.

There is a roast of Justin Bieber on March 30th. They should really telecast that in India and show it to the people who got offended by AIB roast. After watching Justin Bieber roast, they might think AIB roast was a charity show.

Last edited:
W
I watch ALONE movie @ good presentation by New director bhushan Patel, movie only good after intervals but like I lived in USA and watch
Sort of movies everyday, I would like to say its HORExxs FILM

Users who are viewing this thread