How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Yeah all true Matt. I just can't understand their reasoning for not doing it, especially as there are no licensing implications.
I would guess testing the functionality of the career mode is easier with fewer options?

Can't fathom why Big Ant have only put Aussie and English teams in career mode, seems pretty lazy to me. From what Mike M says the expectation is that people from outwith those two countries (their two top sales regions) have to do the work themselves. If the expectation is that users will do it, it can't be that complex or time consuming so why not just offer it out of box?

What do you guys from the subcontinent think? Surely you would want a plug and play career with linked teams? Or am I creating a storm in a teacup?

Yeah, we're lazy.... very lazy indeed... I guess the key words in your posts are "can't fathom" and "don't understand" - you clearly don't and are as ignorant as I am lazy, or am I missing something? What do you guys from the subcontinent think? or Alaska? or Timbuktu?

or am I missing something?
The problem is the limited detail we have on how the career mode functions - if you could say that someone playing as an Indian player would have a similar career mode structure/experience as someone playing as an Australian - even if it doesn't reflect the actual domestic structure over there, I don't think that many people would mind.

Yeah, we're lazy.... very lazy indeed... I guess the key words in your posts are "can't fathom" and "don't understand" - you clearly don't and are as ignorant as I am lazy, or am I missing something? What do you guys from the subcontinent think? or Alaska? or Timbuktu?

Wow, defensive. Ok, maybe some of my wording was poorly chosen, apologies for that, I still think the overall point is valid that it seems odd that for a game with global appeal that career mode is implemented for 2 countries out of box.

Wow, defensive. Ok, maybe some of my wording was poorly chosen, apologies for that, I still think the overall point is valid that it seems odd that for a game with global appeal that career mode is implemented for 2 countries out of box.

2 countries with the biggest markets*

Remember, we're not dealing with EA Sports or 2k Sports here - they don't have "unlimited" resources.

Last edited:

I'm not defensive - just don't go around calling my staff or myself lazy, or perhaps I might call you ignorant, which you are.

It's my lazy ass that is answering your ignorant post on a Saturday night.

Last edited:
He said "seems" so I think you could just explain why the decision was taken without taking offence that I don't think was intended.
As you said the fact you are answering the question on a Saturday night shows there is likely to be an alternate explanation. I'm assuming finite resources and time...

He said "seems" so I think you could just explain why the decision was taken without taking offence that I don't think was intended.
As you said the fact you are answering the question on a Saturday night shows there is likely to be an alternate explanation. I'm assuming finite resources and time...

"seems pretty lazy" is unequivocal, if I had said "Barmy seems pretty lazy" then I'd expect you to come for me (quite rightly too).

I'm not defensive - just don't go around calling my staff or myself lazy, or perhaps I might call you ignorant, which you are.

It's my lazy ass that is answering your ignorant post on a Saturday night.

Is it really true that we can only play as an Australian or English in the career mode ? Or am i missing something ?

Is it really true that we can only play as an Australian or English in the career mode ? Or am i missing something ?

Well... thanks for asking the question in a reasonable way. You can play in career mode for different nationalities other than England and Australia.

Currently the sides in Australia and England are better researched and so initially they will be closer to the real world. After some time we expect sides from elsewhere to be better balanced with what might occur in their real-world counterparts.

Barmy seems pretty is very lazy

As you can edit the teams shipped with the game and download loads of others I don't see what country your career is in to be a problem, if anything it seems to me that most of the guys doin the CA teams are from the subcontinent, so you'll probably have more teams to play against in your career mode than us Brits!!! There's only 6 teams in Australia so I dunno why you guys from subcontinent are worried, also I would imagine there are generic lower standard teams across the board!!

Users who are viewing this thread