How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
To be honest, whatever happens int his ashes, i would still consider england a better team than australia overall. These guys went to india and ripped them apart. Something even the mighty aussie side couldn't do under steve waugh. Agreed that india was a world apart from the current one, but still, winning against india in india is no mean feat.

Considering Australia lost 4-0 against them a couple of months later, it's even better.

I would like to point out that one of the key players in that India series was Nick Compton. He should be in the team. 70-0 at lunch is better than 105-4.

Yah man. I know the australian and english teams/fans hold the ashes series as the "father/mother" of everything that is good and holy in the world. but to me, an outsider, this current english team's greatest achievement was winning a series against india, NOT winning the ashes against the aussies.

your only as good as ya last game

and england are pityful

keep going though chinamen, these quotes will be gold next week!!

At the moment, it's 3rd place playing 5th place in the rankings. It's a big series, but I feel that the biggest series would be vs South Africa and India (in India), so it's a shame that we are not playing South Africa for 2 more years.

Don't worry Madman, we won three tests against you in the summer and we will win three tests again.

If Australia wins this series, where do we go in the rankings? Would be interesting to know. South Africa v Australia is always a great series, and in recent times has been a fight for no1. Won't be this time around, but will still be great. Can't wait to see Mitch laying into Graeme Smith, as always.

4-0+5-0=England 4th, Aus 3rd
4-1+3-1+3-2+2-1+2-0+2-2=England 3rd, Aus 4th
2-3=England 3rd, Aus 5th
You only need to care about the last one.

Keep dreamin'. My tip is a 4-0 win, followed in SA with a 2-1 either way.

Every team goes through bad patches, England have been very poor and otoh Australia have played very well, its still only one or two players from Aussie side though. Clarke is class, love watching Warner but he's inconsistent, haddins been stubborn and consistent as usual, and johnsons having a stormer, but other than Clarke you haven't got anyone who I'd say was world class., I don't think Australia are a better side on paper, but you don't play cricket on paper. England are throwing their wicket away, dropping catches, bowlings been average except broad. The biggest thing for me is the mental toughness, (trotts a perfect example) we're a better side, but have bottled it and the Aussies have gone for the throat and fair play to them!! I would be inclined to pick mills or rankin in the Perth test, mills is as quick as Johnson. Prior finally came good, root and bell are goin well, need cook and KP swanny snd jummy to pull their finger out and I could still see us winnin 2 of next 3.

I love it how everyone considers the England series to have been a white wash.. it is when you look at the final score, but that is just being short sighted.

1st test - England win by 14 runs, very very close game (could almost be counted as a draw)
2nd test - England win by 347 (Australia won the Brisbane test by 381)
3rd test - England had to score 331 in the final day to win, and were 3/37 at the end of play. The weather won this one (typical in England)
4th Test - England win by 74 runs, comfortable win but still not a dominant performance (no declarations by either side)
5th Test - Could have gone either way with 21 from 24 runs needed for the English. Had the weather been more agreable, Australia could have put more runs on the board in their second innings and increased the pressure for the Englands last.

3 - 0 just doesn't do that test the justice it deserves. The two victories for Australia so far have been unquestionably dominant in every way, shape and form. If England went into Adelaide feeling lacking in confidence, I don't see how the result of the second test would improve that.

I love it how everyone considers the England series to have been a white wash.. it is when you look at the final score, but that is just being short sighted.

1st test - England win by 14 runs, very very close game (could almost be counted as a draw)
2nd test - England win by 347 (Australia won the Brisbane test by 381)
3rd test - England had to score 331 in the final day to win, and were 3/37 at the end of play. The weather won this one (typical in England)
4th Test - England win by 74 runs, comfortable win but still not a dominant performance (no declarations by either side)
5th Test - Could have gone either way with 21 from 24 runs needed for the English. Had the weather been more agreable, Australia could have put more runs on the board in their second innings and increased the pressure for the Englands last.

3 - 0 just doesn't do that test the justice it deserves. The two victories for Australia so far have been unquestionably dominant in every way, shape and form. If England went into Adelaide feeling lacking in confidence, I don't see how the result of the second test would improve that.
Too true, and if Broad had've walked in the 1st test like he admitted he should have it would've been 2-1. Kind of impossible for England to come back in this series though, especially given the WACA is Johnson's favourite stomping ground and we've had big wins their in recent matches (Test and ODI).

Too true, and if Broad had've walked in the 1st test like he admitted he should have it would've been 2-1
I don't like Broad but come on! Brad Haddin didn't walk for the final wicket at Trent Bridge. No one walks these days.

England were three down for not many several times and got big scores. Draw or England win.
England would have won it from where they were. It would have been a draw otherwise.

You're making excuses for your team's incompetence in the summer. How do you explain the 4-0 in India?

Last edited:
Because that team had early Septembering Glenn Maxwell playing in it..

This conversation is more boring than the release date conversation. We get it, you're incredibly bias towards England and think they'll win 3-2.

The Aussies might need pain relief after Jimmy unleashes his 80mph bouncers.

I'll drop it now.

Is the clay pitch used on most local grounds in Perth? Also, in the game, is the unlicensed ground in Perth very bouncy and fast? And are different pitches noticeable when you are playing?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread