How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Personally speaking this is what I am downloading and in this order (i assume order matters as duplicates get overwritten so you want the creations with the most time spent on them downloaded last ie international teams)

1 Rucks associate teams
2 Chandrakifs IPL teams
3 Munkeymomos English county teams
4 Snowys (Casper) Aussie state teams
5 Blocks (mrdconnors) international teams

On top of that I have already edited the associate lineups to better reflect recent matches and am in the process of amending the county squads and lineups to reflect off season moves. Not reuploaded anything yet though.

Just my tuppence worth.

Are 'Ruck', 'Chandrakif', 'Munkeymomo', 'Casper' and 'mrdconnors' the actual user names in CA? Pls correct me in case I got these user names wrong as I would like to follow a similar process after getting the 'Get Best' teams.

Are 'Ruck', 'Chandrakif', 'Munkeymomo', 'Casper' and 'mrdconnors' the actual user names in CA? Pls correct me in case I got these user names wrong as I would like to follow a similar process after getting the 'Get Best' teams.

Yes they are. You could always look at the first post of the Complete Linked/Skilled/Attributed thread for the full list of teams and usernames.

Last edited:
it has just occurred to me that over a 20 year career there must be some sort of regen process being used and over the course of your career you must be playing with different players.

any word on how that works, the regens in some in versions of Fifa were handled terribly (no young players actually ever turned out any good).

I think i will definetly start by using the get best option, then follow the above rules of Ruck, casper etc etc, once thats done its game on

Much respect for people like Ruck, Blocker, Casper (Snowy) etc for doing all the hard work for us so we can just download and play

I for one will not be complainign about any created players performances of appearences, as it doesnt really matter to me, I dont give two hoots about the appearence, just the name and skills, if they are crap, big deal replace them in the team with someone better!!

1 thing i will say though, just because Vogues is int eh squad at the time of the start of the career, doesnt mean he will still be there in 4 seasons time when Mick Whiskas as a 20 year old takes his spot!!

Personally speaking this is what I am downloading and in this order (i assume order matters as duplicates get overwritten so you want the creations with the most time spent on them downloaded last ie international teams)

1 Rucks associate teams
2 Chandrakifs IPL teams
3 Munkeymomos English county teams
4 Snowys (Casper) Aussie state teams
5 Blocks (mrdconnors) international teams

On top of that I have already edited the associate lineups to better reflect recent matches and am in the process of amending the county squads and lineups to reflect off season moves. Not reuploaded anything yet though.

Just my tuppence worth.

This is a great post. He is right about the players in teams being downloaded last will replace your previously downloaded players. For example, if you download mumbai indians created by chandrakifs, it will have malinga that was created by him. Due to the awesomeness of player linking, your on disc sri lanka team already will have that malinga. Next, if you download sri lanka created by blocker, blocker's malinga will replace that malinga in both sri lanka and mumbai indians team. So basically you will end up with blocker's malinga in all the teams malinga plays in.

I think CA will actually ask you what you want to do with malinga while downloading blocker's sri lanka team. Options will be

Replace
Replace but keep previous version as free agent
do not replace but keep new version as free agent
Do not replace and do not download the new version

If you want blocke's version select replace. If you do not want blocker's version of malinga, select the last option.

If people want and i have time i might be able to do a tutorial with pictures. Or maybe someone else can.

^^^^
Maybe you can do a youtube video. I will check out the one MattW put up and will bug you in case have any queries.

That will be too much work for me. As in video editing. I can't record voices on videos as that will result in awkward questions at home regarding why am I talking to the computer. (I live with that kind of people)

That will be too much work for me. As in video editing. I can't record voices on videos as that will result in awkward questions at home regarding why am I talking to the computer. (I live with that kind of people)

You can use video capture on your PC without any voice over. Anyway I watched MattW's video on pg 107 of this thread and there are two choices for replacing a player... a) 'Replace' and b) 'Replace, and use same for other players'.

What's the difference between the two?

Replace, use same for other players mean do the same for such conflicts with other players. I believe that is an earlier CA version. Hence the lack of choices. I might be wrong though and those 4 options might show up only if you are downloading players individually.

Replace, use same for other players mean do the same for such conflicts with other players. I believe that is an earlier CA version. Hence the lack of choices. I might be wrong though and those 4 options might show up only if you are downloading players individually.

So should I use 'Replace, and use same for other players' option if I want to replace this version across all the teams?

No that is not what that means.

What it means is "yes to all" option in windows when you are copy pasting bunch of files.

So if you select replace and use the same for other players it means this...

Malinga is a duplicate and it will replace all malinga with new malinga

Sangakara is a duplicate too and this time it will not ask you and just replace all sanga automatically.

But of you select just replace, it will ask you each time there is a duplicate for all the players. So while downloading blockers srilanka team from that example you have the choice of replacing malinga but not replacing sanga as you are already happy with the version you have.

@isrararrafi

You and @blockerdave have both made some great international sides but there's a fair bit of overlap in the work you've each done.

Do you mind going over the key differences between your sides/approach to help us make a choice?

I won't ask you for a recommendation ;)

@isrararrafi

You and @blockerdave have both made some great international sides but there's a fair bit of overlap in the work you've each done.

Do you mind going over the key differences between your sides/approach to help us make a choice?

I won't ask you for a recommendation ;)

Ok. I created australia, england, india, south africa, pakistan and bangladesh. All players are completely created by me except may be 2 or 3. I tried to be as updated as possible irrespective of the default team as the default team had players that do not play anymore or has retired.

Blocker's international teams are more like collections of players created by me and others. He chose them based on what he thinks is the best version I have not seen blocker's latest updates but as far as i know for australia, england, india, south africa, pakistan for bangladesh blocker used a lot of my creations. Also blocker matched the default teams player by player including players that do not play anymore or have retired. But he was saying today he is slowly updating the teams with the latest players. Blocker also made a few international players because he thought people did not do a good job on them. Anderson being one of them.

Yep, Israr is right. I went through the disc rosters working out who each player was in real life. Then went through the servers working out who I thought was best - typically using Israr's, and a lot also from superfreddie, rajsvm, deepu, snowy (Casper). If I wasn't happy with a particular player, I made my own from scratch or by editing existing ones. I also found a few players nobody had made, and made those.

More recently I have been changing them to reflect the "current" real life rosters more, and just last night I started making some changes to reflect some of the excellent recent updates of some players shown in the player cards threads.

For those teams where Israr, snowy and I have all done the same team, I honestly don't think you'll be disappointed whoever a you use (unless they've used kasabian's Anderson, obviously) but even so if there's one or two players you're not happy with and want to switch out either for a different player or a different creator's version you can do that very easily.

Users who are viewing this thread