How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Got out on 91 in a one day game. Found another bug, batsmen hit it straight to a fielder I immediately hit no run but the bowker had run behind me after the auto walk down the wicket and my player got stuck and wouldn't move back into the crease. So pissed off nearly threw the Damn controller

I've got stuck in that same fashion as well, also with a close-in fielder a couple of times. It's just a random thing, I don't think it's a "Bug" persay but the collision system should be set to shove the bowler or fielders out of the way a bit better to favor the batsman. Again, it's an issue solved by making the fielders 50% less aggressive with run-outs, rather than anything else...

I found a way around not rolling the ai batting side every time you play them when you become the captain of your state team just choose not to bowl :-P

Got my first MOTM for taking 10 wickets in a 1st class match (1st inns =4; 2nd inns =6).

&

Just scored a century (112) in a One Day. I came down to pitch when my team was 85/4 [wickets = 1/1, 2/1, 3/85, 4/85] I was thinking this game is gone. I'll be out of here in no time & then I hit a 4, but suddenly my partner decided to play a foolish shot & got out. Score 5/95. Enter the captain of the team & together we put 168 runs partnership (him making 60). The innings ended at 9/283. There is a good sense of accomplishment. Now all I need to do so help win this match while bowling. Hope to get my 1st One Day MOTM. :yes

Getting MOTM is a real buzz, it's such a stupid thing and I've previously thought in the past it's a waste of time... but I'm surprised at how rewarding it is in career mode to make such a difference. Every time I get asked to bowl a bit of part-time spin and end up taking a wicket, I knuckle down with the bat and try to get a 50 to get my name up there and some MOTM XP!

Update to the previous post:

My team won the One Day match by 139 runs.
I was the MOTM :D
My score: 112
Wickets: 1/28 (5 overs)

Just one question from everyone though. Is it just my team's captain or everyone's captain is acting like an idiot???

Last edited:
Really well done guys for those who were able to get 50s and 100s. Well done!

Am trying so hard still to get that first 50. Getting into 30s and 20s often but somehow being cursed to get dismissed. My boy is still learning but getting better game by game. Hoping to get my first 50 soon.

Still have yet to get a LBW decision go my way or get ball on wickets without a deflection. Current career 5 wickets from bowled, all deflections off the leg, foot, hip or bat.

Still have yet to get a LBW decision go my way or get ball on wickets without a deflection. Current career 5 wickets from bowled, all deflections off the leg, foot, hip or bat.

do you mix up your pace much? Most of my wickets are clean bowled and LBWs from bowling some quicker balls then a slower ball or vice versa. Usually don't get anyone out caught unless it's in a one day/t20 game and still usually off a change of pace. I nearly always bowl inswingers as well.

do you mix up your pace much? Most of my wickets are clean bowled and LBWs from bowling some quicker balls then a slower ball or vice versa. Usually don't get anyone out caught unless it's in a one day/t20 game and still usually off a change of pace. I nearly always bowl inswingers as well.

I'm trying to get all my bowling skills up so I can do a lot of different things, so have been doing swing/cutters/seam/slower balls. Most of my best chances come from using a slower delivery. I've had 20+ balls hit the batsman's pad 'just' outside the line.. every time it's on line it get's hit or blocked.. I'm constantly changing my run up angle as well to really confuse the batsman.

The good thing about the game that I usually only get punished on a bad ball.. if I give them too much width or it is going down leg anymore than half a foot the batsman makes me punch myself.

Last night, once again, my best night so far

Made scores of 89, 87, 93, 63, 49 and several other mid 30 scoress...

Only had the odd dismissal for less than double digits

My advice guys, stick with it, im in my 3rd season now and apart from a bug, or a ridicolous shot by me, i dont get out....

trust me, it gets easier

Last night, once again, my best night so far

What difficulty? I wish people would validate their statements by including this all the time (I'm probably gonna put it in my signature as it never changes and saves having to say it all the time.. haha)

Last edited:
on pro

But your difficulty settings explains why you are not getting as many wickets as the others

I would never start a game on legend, i just dont do that, Im a gamer and have been for 25+ years, but i generally suck at games even tho i love em

So i always just start on the normal settings and only go up levels if i am absolutley dominating the game

I like to be better than the AI generally, thats just how i like to play my games... like skyrim or diablo's, i hated dieing all the time so the ai wasnt set too difficult

In DBC14, i am on pro as a batsman and starting to do very well, if it becomes way too easy then i will up the ante. I had a career as a batting allrounder on pro but i was dominating the bowling and spending too much time bowling and not enough time batting, so I changed...

I will probaly never play as a allrounder again, I did enjoy bowling, But its all about batting for me

So getting back to your point frosti, im on pro, but i understand your legend/veteran mode or something, which is why your experiences probaly dont match up with the majority on here

may I ask have you played on pro career mode as a batsman, and if so, how did you go?

Fine leg

The most recent way ive found myself getting out cheaply is caught by the 3/4 fine leg, is there anyway of keeping the ball on the ground down there (to avoid super one handed catching skills). I find off the quicks its just an instinct shot that i get out all the time on.

Users who are viewing this thread