How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
OK so I played career mode non stop for 4 hours to breakdown the whole story.

I was bowling for at-least 70% of time and simulating for 25% and batted the rest. I was so pissed of bowling that I started new career just as batsman who bats at no 4 and guess what still captain used me for 25 overs in FC and first change bowler in OD.

While batting I found near view cam suits me best but God help me from those flash like fielders. I was batting so confidently on 8 hit a 4 also smashed a drive that bounce of fielder at silly mid off and caught by bowler :facepalm (and that man of steel didnt even rubbed his chest, should have been dead). Another time I was batting on 5 or 6 only playing balls I am sure off and was thinking that I will finally score I played a straight drive that went past bowlers head (amazing because normally he catches it) fielder at mid off I swear to God he was an angle he vanished and suddenly was in perfect position to catch so he covered like 20-25m in some mili seconds.

Well I have decided to wait for the patch now really, I love career mode but dont wana ruin it playing like this. Please slow these fielders down please....

The way I got around not bowling was that I chose to be a keeper batsmen and I just sim the fielding

Just began my career playing for Worcestershire as a Batting All Rounder.
First match was a First Class game. Scored DUCK in both Innings, Bowling Figures: 2/23 & 2/24.
Second match was a OD game. Scored DUCK again, bowling figure in first spell of 5 overs": 1/52. :(
Captain brought me back with opponents needed 32 runs to win with 6 wickets left.
4 wickets on that over. 1 wicket in the next over. Match won by 12 runs.
Wow, never thought a game would make me feel so amazing. It feels so good to help your team win a losing game.

Just began my career playing for Worcestershire as a Batting All Rounder.
First match was a First Class game. Scored DUCK in both Innings, Bowling Figures: 2/23 & 2/24.
Second match was a OD game. Scored DUCK again, bowling figure in first spell of 5 overs": 1/52. :(
Captain brought me back with opponents needed 32 runs to win with 6 wickets left.
4 wickets on that over. 1 wicket in the next over. Match won by 12 runs.
Wow, never thought a game would make me feel so amazing. It feels so good to help your team win a losing game.

When you finish the season with a bowling Average of 5 it kind of ruins the feeling of any realism

When you finish the season with a bowling Average of 5 it kind of ruins the feeling of any realism

My military medium pacers currently have an average of over 40 after 10 games in all competitions. I don't think I'll have that problem.

My career chap is a batsman, and he's so bad at bowling that even the AI won't give him a go :(

Averaging a shaky 10.5 after about 15 or 16 innings... and that's with a top score of 77 in there...

My all round batsmen so far has 3 ducks (because I can't push the ball into the gaps and don't want to risk slogging) but has taken a few wickets with the ball :yes.

hhhmmmmm not great. highest score is only 19 but nearly got a hatrick in a oneday game no idea how!!

how he hell do u stop ur batsmen moving off in wrong direction when playing a shot???

overall though its very addictive and well worth the wait

Last edited:
Just watched my team lose 8 wickets for 10 runs, while I was at the non-strikers end... Jeeeeeyzuz. What a brutal T20 match that was.

Batting is indeed tough, while bowling is relatively easier. It would be a great idea to introduce different difficulty settings for each discipline. I would even suggest to go a step further and multiple options of difficulty. For example:

1. Player Batting = Pro
2. Player Bowling = Veteran
3. Player Fielding = Pro
4. AI Strategy = Legendary
5. AI Batting = Veteran
6. AI Bowling = Amateur
7. AI Fielding = Veteran

Something on the lines of that. But it would be a better idea to implement it in the next iteration.

About my career player, I, too, am finding batting really tough.

I'm currently into the 2nd year of my season (which is about to be completed). I was playing in the Australian domestic circuit. Very recently, I have been selected in the English county season and the OD tournament. Moreover, I am in contention for the Australian test team, and the IPL call is right around the corner, too.

But that's all because of my batting all-rounder's bowling capabilities. So far, I have only managed to score one substantial score, i.e. 56 (48) in a first-class match. I stood there and fought a lone battle, while other batsmen were just collapsing.

The second best score was 44.

After playing 15 matches .. My Batting all rounder averages just 15+. Now I changed the Camera view .. Invert controller. The view is just like previous cricket games... Having played EA Cricket 07 for more 6 years.. It was bit difficult earlier with DBC 14.. But I have to practice more to get to get 50+ runs.. I have been waiting for this since i joined planetcricket. As a bowler my career player is horrible.I am not hitting length right. I Dedicated 4 hours a day for this game. :yes

I don't get the thing about hard to take 1s. It's hard to take 2s and 3s but if you make sure you have a decent look at the field when you get on strike there are generally gaps about. Playing straight can lead to caught and bowleds with slight mis-timing unfortunately which is very similar to a lot of previous cricket games.
My scoring shots have mostly been 1s and 4s.

Just got a couple of quick questions about career mode here:

1.) Can you play the domestic T20 in England during career?
2.) Has anyone else noticed (if their player is a bowler) that they constantly get asked to bowl their 10 overs on the bounce in List A games.

I get a lot of twos when the AI is batting and I'm at the non striker's. You just need to confirm the second run early or you end up going too far past the crease and won't be able to make it back.

Anyway, time for another edition of 'Why am I not the Man of the Match?' -
c3cwx4u.jpg

Wade wasn't even the high scorer! Sure he might have taken some catches, but so did I - got a caught and bowled in that innings! Blargh!

There was a positive out of it though, I'm now a 'fair way off' making the English Pro40 competition - instead of a long way off.

Users who are viewing this thread