How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

Well yeah. But I'm no the only one. It's only that today you happened to reply to my posts, something you rarely do ;)

Note that if I said "arrogant Indians", I'd be called racist for sure. You know how that goes :yes

Note that if I said "arrogant Indians", I'd be called racist for sure. You know how that goes :yes

You certainly wouldn't be by me and if you were by anyone else I would happily deal with them.
Anyway moving on. If you want to discuss this further do so via PM.

test match run rates would be perfect for me when bowling but as soon as the CPU gets conifdent Im screwed they belt the hell out of me and I go for 10 runs an over

any tips how to slow the run rate down?

Reduce the batsman strength by about 10 is the best way. This is a rough number and you will have to play around with the attributes until you find a balance that suits you

Cheer up Australia; it could be worse. The really strange thing is that in their previous inning they batted for 40 overs and scored nearly 200.

Attachments

• photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 57
Fired up ic10 for the first time in months.

Im playing an ashes series as england.

Currently go aus at 107/3 after 25 overs.

Just had a quick reminder of the good and bad points of this game. Hussey came in and started going hell for leather with a quick fire 28 from 36, but got him out with a beauty from finn, almost identical to how strauss got out to bollinger earlier today, left one he shouldnt and took out off half way up...

Im enjoying it i got to say apart from swanny being as tight as mother of 5 kids,.. leaking runs for fun.

Hopefully aus can post a decent score, i will be shocked if they do.

Just played my first test match.
Aus(me) v Eng, Gabba, hard, limit of 20 lofted shots per innings.

Australia got off to good starts in both innings but the middle order collapsed. Bowling was sloppy in the first innings as I figured it out with England getting to 2/230 before Siddle came on and bowled a tight spell and Doherty started taking wickets at the other end. England were cruising at 3/110 in the 2nd innings chasing 155 but fell to 6/135. I dropped Prior at 6/137 and it looked like he would guide them home but he was run out with 10 more needed. Swan and Broad pushed 1s and 2s and with scores level broad was lbw to Doherty and it was 8 down. Anderson blocked 3 balls to see out the over then Swan hit the winning run in the last over of day 3.

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 56
Just had a very enjoyable first day of a test match.
Australia(me) v Pakistan, Headingley, hard, max 10 lofted shots per innings.
Re enactment of the game this year so Butt and co are playing.
Watson and Katich made a solid start in overcast conditions getting to 0/28 before Watson was bowled by Asif and next over Aamer removed Ponting for 3. Enter Umar Gul who bowled Katich leaving an inswinger then had Hussey caught at slip to be on a hat-trick. The hat-trick ball was defended by North but Gul had him for a duck in his next over and all of a sudden I'm 5/37 (this is the game where Australia were roled for 88). Clarke then dug in at one end batting for over 2 hours for a great knock of 32 off 98 which allowed Paine then Johnson to score some runs at the other end. It looked like Johnson would be stranded short of his 50 at 9/155 but Doug the rug batted nearly an hour for his 3* off 40 balls to get me to tea and a respectable total of 193. Johnson got 74. So Pakistan had 25 overs to face and the openers were solid not giving away a hint of a chance in the first 20 overs getting to 0/53. Watson bowled a great spell pitching it up and swinging the ball and had Butt caught and bowled. 2 balls later Ali was dropped but next over Johnson had him caught in the covers and removed Amin for a golden duck to be the second person on a hat-trick for the day. Umar Akamal defended the hat-trick ball then hit 3 4s in the last couple of overs of the day to finish at 13* off 18 while the opener Farhat battled to 22* and Pakistan ended the day at 3/82.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Update on the above game.
Pakistan went on to score 270 with Farhat making 82 and Kamran Akamal an aggressive 64* giving them a 77 run lead in the first innings. Smith and Watson took 3 wickets each. Asif got Watson early to have me 1/15 and in trouble but Katich and Ponting dug in for a great partnership of 130. Katich batted for 4 and a half hours for 60(222) and Ponting for 3 and a half hours for 64(203). I went the entire final session of day 2 without losing a wicket. They were both out in the first hour of day 3 and Clarke came in and batted well to be 47* at lunch, though he was bowled by Kaneria off a no ball just before lunch. So Australia at 3/208 leading by 131. New ball is due straight after lunch.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Ended up making an epic 493 off 161 overs setting Pakistan 417. Paine top scored with 112(161) and had a great partnership of 199 with North 78(197). Clarke made 73 and Katich and Ponting got 60s. Pakistan had to face 7 overs before lunch on day 4 and Butt was dropped at slip in the first over then caught at slip in the third over to leave them at 1/12 needing a further 405 to win or five sessions to bat for a draw.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 52
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    419.9 KB · Views: 45
Well watson, reaching that score for 3 wickets, unless you score 10 for the last 7 wickets, from my experience against australia, you've already won the test!!! Ive never had them score over 200 on hard. :yes

Well watson, reaching that score for 3 wickets, unless you score 10 for the last 7 wickets, from my experience against australia, you've already won the test!!! Ive never had them score over 200 on hard. :yes

They have scored 250+ against me in a ODI the once, but that was a freak occurrence to be honest, and I was sending down juicy pies for the whole 50 overs! Hahaha, Shane Watson scored 100 of their runs too.

Finished my first test v aussies won by an innings at 7.52 pm!!! on day 2

very enjoyable with swanny causing carnage near the end.

Users who are viewing this thread