How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

Update;

England 1st innings: 483 (89.2)

M.Prior 104* (92)
K.Pietersen 92 (88)
S.Broad 66 (62)

N.Hauritz 3/91 (13.0)
D/Bollinger 3/131 (23.2)
S.Watson 2/58 (13)

Australia 1st innings: 54 (17.1)

M.Clarke 17 (21)
M.Hussey 9 (15)
S.Watson 9 (16)

G.Swann 7/27 (6.1)
Avey 3/24 (9)

England 2nd innings: 19/1 (5.0)

A.Strauss 11* (16)
Cook 5 (17)

D.Bollinger (3.0)

Poor performance from the AI in the aussies' innings, my created player just bowled ball that swung away from off stump and they nicked them to the keeper three times in three balls. Cook the only player to go in the second innings, a poor performance in both digs from him, might drop him for the second test. Might bring in Eoin Morgan and then pop Bell upto opening.

I have now a fully customised aussie team and all other squads except england. I tried creating an english squad from editing the scottish team but unfortunately they dont have enough editable points to make a competitive team.
Batting I have reduced speed and strength to around 50% and made the others as high as possible
Wicketkeeper I have reduced his close in fielding to 50%
Spin bowlers I have reduced spin to 50%
Fielding stats I have reduced catching to 50% or less and running to around 75%
I am now having some great test matches and one dayers. If you have 6 of the AI batsmens settings around 90 - 100 % except for running and strength it is very difficult to bowl them out for a small score.
I have been able to bowl to around 4 runs an over with these settings and most games depending on how I bat go into day 5 and a few have been drawn for tests. I am enjoying this game at the moment it is a pity though that there are not a minimum off 22 create a player slots so I could have an aussie and england edited squad to play a world cup or an ashes series.
The test match I am playing at the moment Australia (me) v South Africa (AI) I have bowled SA all out 546 in 131.5 overs and presently I am 2 for 103 after 30 overs Hughes out for 13 Jacques out for 54 Clarke N.O 12 and Marsh N.O 10 extras 14
This is a very difficult first innings score to chase down as my previous best total is 420

I have now a fully customised aussie team and all other squads except england. I tried creating an english squad from editing the scottish team but unfortunately they dont have enough editable points to make a competitive team.
Batting I have reduced speed and strength to around 50% and made the others as high as possible
Wicketkeeper I have reduced his close in fielding to 50%
Spin bowlers I have reduced spin to 50%
Fielding stats I have reduced catching to 50% or less and running to around 75%
I am now having some great test matches and one dayers. If you have 6 of the AI batsmens settings around 90 - 100 % except for running and strength it is very difficult to bowl them out for a small score.
I have been able to bowl to around 4 runs an over with these settings and most games depending on how I bat go into day 5 and a few have been drawn for tests. I am enjoying this game at the moment it is a pity though that there are not a minimum off 22 create a player slots so I could have an aussie and england edited squad to play a world cup or an ashes series.
The test match I am playing at the moment Australia (me) v South Africa (AI) I have bowled SA all out 546 in 131.5 overs and presently I am 2 for 103 after 30 overs Hughes out for 13 Jacques out for 54 Clarke N.O 12 and Marsh N.O 10 extras 14
This is a very difficult first innings score to chase down as my previous best total is 420

However were you bowling to conceed a score like that?! I have also changed stats very similar to as you have. i once bowled 30 overs without taking a wicket, and was overjoyed!!! But thats it, in the afternoon session i took 7 wickets. I cant conceed over 200 against aus or eng, and even with the stat changes, i conceed around 300 at best. In all the time ive played this ive been offered the new ball once, and the same for AC09.

@gone4aduck

If that's the case have a go at reducing bowler stats: accuracy by quite a bit, swing dependent on the bowler and cut/spin again by quite a bit.
The way I have set up the bowling is that the top bowler in the squad will have a rating of 67-69 so that reverse swing can come into play, while the other are set between 50- 64.
Spinners are obviously far more effective in the game therefore are set fairly low, especally the spin attribute

If you play against australia or england with an edited team you will bowl them out cheaply as they play plenty of shots that get caught. You cannot play this game and expect a decent match if you play with either of the 2 sides that are uneditable. This is the major flaw in the game. If there were 22 create a player slots instead of 16 then you could create a very good game if you want aus and england in there. Make sure you have the keepers close catching and the spinners spin stats to 50% or less otherwise there will be way too many wickets taken by the spinner and way too many superhuman catches by the keeper.:cheers

For the fast bowlers i reduce cut to about 10%, and swing to around 60%. If you notice with reducing the spin with spinners though, you'll NEVER get a delivery with good turn. This is the major problem ive always had with this game. Pitch conditions mean NOTHING. You can set the pitch to day 5 wear, and have perfect batting conditions, and you will get the highest amount of turn possible on the very first delivery of the game as you would on the last delivery of day 5. And also with the same conditions, you'll get standard swing in the 50th over. It must be made so as after a certain amount of overs, standad swing becomes unavailable to use. Such as when you cant select reverse before around 50 overs.

I have just slogged my way through my second innings and I am about 130ish/1 off about 16 overs. Might declare soon as I am well over 500 runs ahead and I have never conceeded 500 runs, even when playing against other humans, let alone when playing the computer. Might not declare though, as Strauss is on about 65* so might get him up to a ton then declare.

England 1st innings; 483 (89.2 overs)

M.Prior 104* (92)
K.Pietersen 92 (88)

N.Hauritz 3/91 (13.0)
D.Bollinger 3/131 (23.2)

Australia 1st innings; 54 (17.1 overs)

M.Clarke 17 (21)
M.Hussey 9 (15)

G.Swann 7/27 (7.1)
A.Avey 3/24 (9.0)

England 2nd innings; 166/1 dec (20.0 overs)

A.Strauss 105* (69)
J.Trott 51* (39)

D.Bollinger 1/40 (7.0)

Australia 2nd innings; 91 (27.5 overs)

M.Hussey 22 (56)
M.Clarke 21* (41)

G.Swann 9/51 (13.5)
A.Avey 1/40 (14)

England won the match by 504 runs

----------------------------------------------------

Second test, Melbourne.

Toss won by Australia who elected to Bat

Australia 1st innings; 29/3 (8.0 overs)

S.Watson 15 (24)
R.Ponting 6 (13)

J.Anderson 3/18 (4.0)

Last edited:
Im suprised your still getting enjoyment from test matches with that kind of domination watson. For me, i cant bare to start a test against eng or aus, as i know ill get them out for 200 at the most. 206 is the most ive ever conceeded against a licensed team. The ideal solution would be to bowl with hud off. But conceeding that many no balls is even worse. A must for the next game for me would be in test matches the AI needs to leave ALOT more balls that are going wide or high. This way they can last maybe 20 or 30 overs more and the draw maybe even a slight chance. Also we cant be punished for perfect line and length balls. If you bowl perfect line and length the AI should leave or play defensive out of respect if anything!! Im fed up of bowling a couple of bad balls and conceeding 2. Then bowling perfect line and length then watching the ball sail over the rope! :mad Those two things and fix the yorker bug and ill be happy to buy the world cup game. Then they can give the fielding a complete overhaul for IC2011 then we'de be in business!! lol who am i kidding?! :p

Hahahaha, i'm only doing it to get my achievements up, should point out this is on normal difficulty. I'm hoping for a better return when I go back to playing Hard.

I got the game today and I have to say it is incredibly unrealistic! As I wanted to focus on bowling after mastering the batting, I decided to sim my innings with England batting. I got 720/6 (or there abouts) but England declared. I then had a look at the batting statistics, and I was shocked. What is that all about? Struass got 208, but only hit 7 fours?? That would never happen, I'm sorry but if you hit 208 and only hit 7 fours your lungs would be shattered by running pretty much every run you score.

And when you go for an advanced shot with perfect timing, probably only 3 times out of 10 it will go for four. I have to use lofted shots if I'm in the mood hit a boundary.

But it is one of the first Xbox360 Cricket games so I guess they are still experimenting. Soon there will be a perfect cricket game:cheers

Hi guys been reading the forums for a little while now so thought I would sign up and post :)

currently playing the Ashes im Australia and I've just finished day of the first test at Brisbane.

Game settings:
Hard
Bowling HUD- Minimal
Batting HUD- Off

Australia(me) 1st innings 55.1 overs 208 All out

Ponting 60 (122) Swann 3/45 (11.1)
North 29 (48) Finn 2/73 (18.0)
Haddin 28 (37) Broad 1/15 (7.0)

England 1st innings 37.5 overs 159 All out

Pietersen 45 (37) Siddle 5/45 (14.0)
Bell 45 (70) Johnson 2/44 (8.0)
Broad 22 (44) Hilfenhaus 2/56 (11.0)

Australia 2nd innings 86.0 overs 306/4

Hussey *115 (179) Swann 1/57 (19.0)
North *63 (108) Anderson 1/76 (18.0)
Watson 43 (86)

Australia lead by 355 Runs

things are comfortable for me at the moment. I think I would look to bad for most of day 3 build up a massive lead and put England in to bat and give myself around 2 days to bowl them out.

that's me so far also I would like to ask if anyone has had this problem in their game. When a bowler bowls his delivery some of the players kits turn black and then change back anyone know why this is happening? how I can fix it? thanks.

Australia (me) v England

This is my first match on hard, just an exhibition no series. For the clash I put Flintoff in place of Collingwood for England while Cameron White and Brett Lee come in for North and Hauritz. England won the toss and chose to bat first.

The game, like Ashes 09 really moves quickly, at Lunch England are 131/6.

Lee was the early destroyer and as he does in the real world he also went for runs. Near the end of the session I brought on White who looked more like Warne he had Bell and Prior in consecutive deliveries. At one stage Trott and Flintoff looked set but once Trott went England then lost 3-29 before the break. Now the innings looks to be resting on Flintoff.

England 1st Innings 159 off 42.4 overs
Trott 46 (62) White 5-24 (8.4)
Flintoff 45 (58) Lee 3-48 (9)
Pietersen 16 (28) Hilfenhaus 2-40 (13)

End of Day One- Australia 198/6 in 1st innings after 46 overs, lead by 39 runs
Johnson 52* (46) Swann 4/61 (11)
Haddin 49* (55) Anderson 1/51 (13)
Katich 44 (91)

Last edited:
I'm doing a Test Match on easy at the moment and I'm currently 211-0 off 7 Overs. Struass and my Created player are going at a strike rate of 5 each! My created played has hit 16 sixes and 6 fours, and Struass has hit 16 sixes and 4 fours.

It is at Zimbabwe, a very small pitch between England (me) and Bermuda.

I want to see If I can bat the whole 5 days, and see how many runs I get.

Users who are viewing this thread