How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

darthlewis1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I had a thriller of a test match, south africa were chasing 338 in their fourth innings, at one point they were 310-5, then after swann getting his 5fer they were 315-7. Then they lost wickets in quick succsession and were bowled out for 324 and I won by 14 runs.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Just reached tea on day one of my first real attempt to take on test cricket, against Pakistan. Currently 241-3 (60 overs) with Strauss on 148*.

Things I've liked:
- Having to really work early on with the batsmen not set against a moving ball
- You don't really know what the AI is going to bowl, so it's really tough to know when to leave and when to play defensively. Loved it. :D
- After scoring freely during the middle of the afternoon (run rate was approaching 5), the AI bowled extremely well in the last 10 overs of the session to bring the rate back down.

Things that I didn't like:
- The AI fields are dreadful.
- Spinners are rubbish. They either bowl too full, too short or too wide. In this innings so far I've taken 96 runs off them in 13 overs.
- Seeing fielders on the boundary just let the ball go for four because it's gone past a certain point, even though they are right next to it.
- Fast bowlers just don't feel like fast bowlers. I've played enough cricket to know that even 70-80mph bowling doesn't leave you with a lot of time to react. I've dabbled with HUD off as well and it still doesn't feel particularly quick.
- Despite the rave reviews, I'm not sold on action cam. To me it actually made batting easier (with the exception of trying to leave the ball). I hated it for bowling.

I know that looks like a lot of negatives, but I'm actually quite enjoying it. I'll continue this match batting with HUD on minimal and then try and play with it off some more. I'm also playing a World T20, which has been a lot of fun. :D

Insomniac

Title Recipient
I just noticed Umar Akmal is listed as a left hander :doh

First experience of my game though: 40-0 in 2.3 overs against England in a T20 (on easy)

Then decided to go to hard, and I got bowled out for 30 against England. Then England won by 10 wickets in 3.3 overs (i dropped a catch though).

So I think it's time for either a full ODI or a test match, not sure.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
I just noticed Umar Akmal is listed as a left hander :doh

First experience of my game though: 40-0 in 2.3 overs against England in a T20 (on easy)

Then decided to go to hard, and I got bowled out for 30 against England. Then England won by 10 wickets in 3.3 overs (i dropped a catch though).

So I think it's time for either a full ODI or a test match, not sure.

Go for a Test match. The original and still the best :)

Im finding AI are ridiculously too good at batting in T20 and ODI. Could someone pleasremind me if we are meant to pitch the ball in the yellow or light green? oI ve beentrying to pitch it in the yellow and getting SMASHED.

Another thing that GRATES me is the fact the the AI play back foot shots to full balls: like cut shots and hook shots. HOW THE HELL DID TRICKSTAR STUFF THIS UP!!!!:mad:

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Im finding AI are ridiculously too good at batting in T20 and ODI. Could someone pleasremind me if we are meant to pitch the ball in the yellow or light green? oI ve beentrying to pitch it in the yellow and getting SMASHED.

Another thing that GRATES me is the fact the the AI play back foot shots to full balls: like cut shots and hook shots. HOW THE HELL DID TRICKSTAR STUFF THIS UP!!!!:mad:

I think yellow is bad. Orange is really bad. You want to make sure it is light green, and your delivery is timed on light green as well. Simply put:

Light green > dark green > yellow > orange

CaptainOZ added 2 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Played a T20 match between India (me) vs England at lords on a 4th day weary wicket with overcast conditions! This was on Hard with minimum HUD!

Scores:

India:

326/8 off 20 Overs

England:

213/2 off 20 Overs

Now that I have played this game quite a few times, I am really disappointed with it now! Here is why:

- Batting in Test matches seems to be really enjoyable, but I dont know why the same timing windows were not carry forwarded to the T20 match!! Timing the ball in T20 was so much damn easier than test matches! I was hitting boundaries at will!

- AI drops too many damn catches! In this innings itself the AI dropped as many as 10 catches i believe! And all of them were easy ones!

- Its astonishing how backfoot 'pull shots' are played by AI (and maybe even human controlled players can do the same, though i did not try it) to bloody 'yorkers'!! It really is astonishing and frustrating to see that! You bowl a yorker, you would expect the batsman to either hit it in the 'V' or try risking a across the line shot, or just paddle it towards fine leg.....but in this game, the ball bowled as a yorker, magically jumps up to the batsman's head when it reaches him and they keep playing backfoot pulls and cuts!! It really is a game breaker for me! This has spoilt the experience of bowling, as its totally unrealistic and thus a game breaker for me!

- In T20 matches (atleast the one where you post big scores like I did), the AI batsman are either super-human or totally idiotic! First 10 overs I bowled how I would normally do in a real match! The AI dispatched all the deliveries to all parts of the ground (they were all bowled in green areas with meter at green as well)! Its fine if they do that, but when they play backfoot pulls and cuts to yorker deliveries as well, then you feel its almost like cheating!
But then I bowled a negative like, placing all leg side fielders on the boundary and no one at off side boundary, and then I bowled outside leg with a spinner! Here is where the idiocy of the AI came into play! They just kept on trying to play the shots towards the off side....ALL THE TIME!! They did not move towards the leg and try to hit towards off...nor did they come down the track! They stayed where they were, and thus missed the ball every single time as the ball was always 'a ft' away from their bat! They kept doing this for the full 6 overs I bowled this line and in these 6 overs I just conceded 20 runs, most of which were because i moved my line towards the stumps at many times trying to get a wicket as well!! Not once did they try scoring on the on-side....even on Free-Hits!!!

I am very disappointed with this game now!! Only thing I have enjoyed in it is batting in test matches!

I know HUD off is what everyone will suggest, but seriously, that mode is only good for playing shots down the ground or just moving towards leg and hitting ball on off! Not real cricket!

Why are you posting this same thing in 3 different threads? Are you a moron?

angad

Chairman of Consent
Why are you posting this same thing in 3 different threads?

Relax dude...the stuff that I was posting was pertaining to the 3 threads (Impressions, Review, scores), thus posted it in the relevant threads! Have removed it from this one!!

Guess some PC members need to learn how to be patient with some members who do not have many posts on this forum and thus are lil new here!

Enjoy the game!

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Relax dude...the stuff that I was posting was pertaining to the 3 threads (Impressions, Review, scores), thus posted it in the relevant threads! Have removed it from this one!!

Guess some PC members need to learn how to be patient with some members who do not have many posts on this forum and thus are lil new here!

Enjoy the game!

Sometimes tough love by openly flaming newbies is the only way they learn lulz.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
The old "shock and awe" technique :D

Worked many a time.
icon14.gif

desisher

School Cricketer
i have just had a burglary and the bastards took a lot of my stuff including my ps3 :-(
Won't be playing before i get the money back from the insurance....

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
i have just had a burglary and the bastards took a lot of my stuff including my ps3 :-(
Won't be playing before i get the money back from the insurance....

You'll have the last laugh when they realise how bad the online game play is for international cricket 10. :D

TByers_Cricket

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Had the game for a few days now, havent played it as much as I would have liked but it's looks really good so far.

Love the action cam, gives the game a whole new look & feel, and even makes bowling fun and interesting.

Played one full T20 game, Aus v Eng and it was good

made 7/205 from my 20 overs
and the Poms got to 5/206 in 17.5
Should have won but 7 dropped catches didn't help my cause. :p

only thing that's annoying is the line-ups for the other smaller teams, I know there un-licensed and all, but there's a few guys in the Zimbabwean line-up that I dont reckon have played for at least a few years.

but all-round, a ripper game 10/10 :clap

Users who are viewing this thread