IC10 playtest @ Codemasters - 4 June

Thanks for the review. Very detailed. I was abit put off when you talked down the rain interuptions. Surely a rain on/off option would suit all?
And as for online saving, how is that an understandable ommision? Cant tell you how dissapointed i am i cant play tests online again. Not everyone is so keen to play T20 all the time! :noway

Great review MattW and really looking forward to playing it. However need a little bit of clarification for this part of the review...

"With nearly all visual aids gone, you need to turn the batsman’s head to see the fielders, place the ball and power just by knowing where you’re pointing your stick. To add to this, you need to watch the pace and direction of the ball out of the bowlers hand, you get a split second view of the pitch marker, at a point that’s too late to play anything really attacking."

Are you saying we will need to pre-mediate shots a bit as the marker appears a little too late to decide on an attacking shot in time? Would hate to play pre-determined shot if that's the case.

Are you saying we will need to pre-mediate shots a bit as the marker appears a little too late to decide on an attacking shot in time? Would hate to play pre-determined shot if that's the case.

Is that not how it is in real life then?

Very rarely would you ever know where the bowler will land the ball, ok you will have an idea but it is all guess work at the end of the day so in the game having the pitch marker off i dont think you can get anymore realistic than that, i cant wait to try it out.

I am sure there will be enough players to come up against. I never had trouble finding decent and fair opposition with AC09.

bro i said that chere is notoz as said in review u cannot force any player to use action cam
surely 1 person playing with action cam n other without would swing balance
n as far as unknown ppl are concerned we already have a huge list of quitters
so cant trust them

its just that playing against regular ppl from here we can trust that both r using same cam

nyways u were on ps3 in AC09???

Is that not how it is in real life then?

Very rarely would you ever know where the bowler will land the ball, ok you will have an idea but it is all guess work at the end of the day so in the game having the pitch marker off i dont think you can get anymore realistic than that, i cant wait to try it out.

In real life you have the bat in hand and can adjust based on where the ball pitches. Unfortunately in a video game you have to press a button by certain time. Would hate to play pre-determined shots to play attacking shots in the game and hope there's just enough time to adjust and play a proper shot which is not pre-mediated and which I think is proper cricket.

Few points from Matts review:

1) love that the stats tracking is there for series/tournaments

2) hate that you cannot check if the opponent has HUD off, 99% of people are liars and cheats, even on PC

3) hate the idea of your opponent "rating" you after the match. All the sore losers will give poor ratings to the players who beat them honestly. If there is one thing I learned from playing AC09, its that there is a large amount of cricket video game players who are immature and petty.

at least some of people here are trustworthy hmarka
cant imagine to play a t20 with honest ppl with HUD off
the game would be awesome just like real if both ppl play like that
think will be playing most of the times with them only
its a shame coz i only play online and cant trust unknown ppl on that

and the rating thing is useless most ppl after losing will give u bad rating
again a good point to play with mates only

great preview, i was very excited reading every word.
No game is perfect guys, and for a cricket game this
sounds close to what we have all been dreaming of.
Only shane 99 is the only other cricket game i loved
a lot. Ashes 2009 was good but to many bugs and
things missing. Also with 4 month till aus release lets
hope codemasters are not lazy and improve the game.:)

So is there a rating for online quitting and a separate one to rate someone,s sportmanship or how can i put it basically if they played in a fair and honest manor.
If it is just one rating that will mean the star system is pointless, players who lose will imediately give you a low rating.
So realisticly if you are very good at the game you will have the lowest rating,
It wont effect my rating thats for sure i,ll never struggle to find an opponent to play.

Yea its a massive oversight. Like not having one in AC09, now we have a potentially flawed rating system in IC10.

It should just record disconnects. If 95% of people quit on you when losing in AC09 what makes Codies think these same █████ will rate people fairly?

"I was fairly wrong with my play-test review of AC09, it turned out to be not near as good as the initial excitement I had coming out of that day.." :Matt

well i totally agree on this. it is very difficult to test a game by just playing a few hours, so i guess i will go ahead,buy it and test it myself without jumping into any conclusion.

online game play will have it's pros and cons especially with players who will first Google for the cheat codes.

will have to exist in a world of good and bad !

lets hope IC 2010 is a step in the right direction.

I don't think there are "cheat codes" for this game. There were not any for AC09. Unless by "cheat codes" you mean unfair tactics.

When is the "exclusive" details going to be shared with rest of us Mattw? :D Don't tease...

hMarka, when you use power stick.
can you use it to defend the ball to.
I hope so, test will be good till you get your eye in.
Looking forward to the game and your new exclusive.
Also did you get any ai runouts at all, if they are in a
little and look good. In t20 games at the end would be cool.
Also did you see any lb at all.

Users who are viewing this thread