ICC Cricket World Cup - May/July 2019

Who will be crowned the ODI World Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its in the news that dhoni run out was of a noball because 6 fielders were outside inner ring. Is it true ?

I think even at 41/3 Australia can still put up 270+ and Starc can run through the English top-order

All I've asked is Carey to bat 5, thank god my wish has come true. Beautiful batting from Smith and Carey after a shaky start, would love to see both go on to make tons. :thumbs

Edit: I've put the mockers on Carey :facepalm:(

All I've asked is Carey to bat 5, thank god my wish has come true. Beautiful batting from Smith and Carey after a shaky start, would love to see both go on to make tons. :thumbs

Edit: I've put the mockers on Carey :facepalm:(
Excellent innings that from Carey.

Not easy to bat after being 12/3 and hit on the chin a top top knock that.

Smith looking good needs someone to hang on with him Australia can get around 270 if that happens and as I was writing this Stoinis is Plumb lbw.

IF we somehow come with a good total and win the game, since Bison isn't officially in the squad, I say get Wade for Stoinis and have Wade roll a few overs in the Final. Reckon after this World Cup we won't see Stoinis in Australian colours again.

We have seen the yesterdays match

I dont think its right to blame coaching staff or Virat's captaincy for yesterdays loss. The NZ have used the conditions well and played better cricket than India. Don't forget that Ind have pulled some close matches with their skill. If we want to blame someone we need blame rain god bcoz the story would have been different if Ind played the match on the same day.

I’m sorry, but the coaching and management staff is the main reason we lost yesterday. New Zealand used the conditions well without any doubt, but they also showed us the way to bat the day before. And what do we do? Rohit gets out to an excellent delivery that he could have still avoided completely, Kohli shuffles across the line and gets out to a left arm pacer yet again in the knockouts of an ODI tournament after Boult set him up beautifully with a simple and effective plan. Rahul meanwhile fails to judge the line of a ball outside the off stump and gets out in an ugly way for the nth time.

And we still had a chance to resurrect our chances, we had the perfect player who is well known for his ability to grind if needed and has saved us from so many collapses. Instead, we send in an inexperienced slogger, an average player that is totally unreliable for building any innings and then an all-rounder who can grind if needed but is better utilized providing the spark towards the end.

I’ve still not talked about how poor the team selection was for yesterday’s game by omitting your most lethal pacer under overcast conditions, playing two spinners who turn the ball in the same direction versus a side that has four left-handers in their top 8 and going in with just five bowling options when two of them have played every game with a lot of those games coming towards the end unlike other teams thanks to the IPL messing with our schedule.

I’ve also not mentioned how shambolic the entire selection process was with talented players like Pant, Iyer, Pandey barely considered for selection by virtue of lesser opportunities and how we went in with a number 4 who had played zero games there over the last four years, in addition to Rayudu receiving an extended chance simply because he overperformed in a T20 league for one season.

I will probably offer a fairly more objective view once my emotional investment dies off and after the conclusion of today’s game.[DOUBLEPOST=1562847233][/DOUBLEPOST]
IF we somehow come with a good total and win the game, since Bison isn't officially in the squad, I say get Wade for Stoinis and have Wade roll a few overs in the Final. Reckon after this World Cup we won't see Stoinis in Australian colours again.

You know how bad Stoinis has been when you wish for a former keeper who only started bowling part-time fairly regularly a year ago to be there as the like for like replacement for him. :lol

Users who are viewing this thread