ICC Cricket World Cup - May/July 2019

Who will be crowned the ODI World Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am under the impression that some of our Indian friends are consoling themselves for yesterdays inexplicable loss by making what happened the norm.

Maybe because India wilted under the pressure people think England will. :rolleyes Not impossible of course, but I'd say England are strong favourites unless Australia get the top three in the powerplay. We have six match winning batsman and aren't dependent on Sharma and Kohli and the idea that Dhoni is the same player he was eight years ago. :D

Was always England's cup to bin once India left the scenery.. Those Kiwis seem to have destiny in their pocket though.[DOUBLEPOST=1562852291][/DOUBLEPOST]
Indian fans still crying I see. Brilliant.

Crying? We seem just fine to me. Hopefully you guys can win for once and not have our second team lose a World Cup for the nth time.

Was always England's cup to bin once India left the scenery.. Those Kiwis seem to have destiny in their pocket though.[DOUBLEPOST=1562852291][/DOUBLEPOST]

Crying? We seem just fine to me. Hopefully you guys can win for once and not have our second team lose a World Cup for the nth time.

The fact that Indian/Asian fans feel hurt and actually cry makes this tournament what it is. Sorry to say that without the Subcontinent fans this would have been like the 2007 WC. Our emotional investment saved English cricket from absolute shambles by filling in your grounds. The WC is a brand befause we folks shed a tear or two for the defeats unlike a lot of English and Aussie cricket media for whom this is just an Ashes audition.

Also, Indian fans and our captain do not blame the pitches for a semi final defeat. Not onr Indian fan spoke about how overnight damo conditions and a covered pitch lost us the game. We dissected our own weaknesses and we are proud of the side we have. Crying, we are not. Disappointed, we are and that is because we have a bloody good ODI side that only needs minor tweaks. We finished a 9 team ODI league on top. Any side that eins the WC would have done so by losing more games than India.

The fact that Indian/Asian fans feel hurt and actually cry makes this tournament what it is. Sorry to say that without the Subcontinent fans this would have been like the 2007 WC. Our emotional investment saved English cricket from absolute shambles by filling in your grounds. The WC is a brand befause we folks shed a tear or two for the defeats unlike a lot of English and Aussie cricket media for whom this is just an Ashes audition.
I tried buying tickets for about eight games (not just England games) and didn't get any. My mate tried buying tickets for four games and didn't get any. So if the grounds weren't full blame the ICC for the pathetic ticketing system not the desire of English fans to go and see matches.

I tried buying tickets for about eight games (not just England games) and didn't get any. My mate tried buying tickets for four games and didn't get any. So if the grounds weren't full blame the ICC for the pathetic ticketing system not the desire of English fans to go and see matches.

What about the general lack of awareness or the lukewarm response of England in general. Almost every single cricket journalist has spoken about zero visibility of the tournament in the host cities.[DOUBLEPOST=1562853081][/DOUBLEPOST]

The grounds were mostly full, just not with English supporters.

What about the general lack of awareness or the lukewarm response of England in general. Almost every single cricket journalist has spoken about zero visibility of the tournament in the host cities.[DOUBLEPOST=1562853081][/DOUBLEPOST]

The grounds were mostly full, just not with English supporters.
Again, they're both down to the ICC; who they sell the television rights to the tournament to televise it and who they sell tickets too. You can't create awareness of the tournament if people can't watch it and you can't have English supporters in the ground if you can't buy any in a lottery.

Love how these poms are suddenly alive and well on this board now that their team is doing well. They were very very quiet when England were on their way out. Typical.

Again, they're both down to the ICC; who they sell the television rights to the tournament to televise it and who they sell tickets too. You can't create awareness of the tournament if people can't watch it and you can't have English supporters in the ground if you can't buy any in a lottery.

Yeah. English cricket has been a rousing success and have kept the sport alive.

Sorry to say that without the Subcontinent fans this would have been like the 2007 WC.

I don't know why the Subcontinent fans like to say that that World Cup sucked. It had one of the best sides in history, great underdog stories in the form of Bangladesh and Ireland, and some good cricket as far as my memory goes. The format was very reasonable because a) it gave the stronger sides a relatively easy way to get into the kind of league stage we have this year, and b) it gave the less strong sides a much more difficult but equal chance to break into the scene. Just because there wasn't any India and Pakistan doesn't mean the rest of the world didn't enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread