ICC Cricket World Cup - May/July 2019

Who will be crowned the ODI World Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That’s quite a bit of a kneejerk reaction there mate. Ali was hitting the ball sweetly only a few weeks ago on Indian pitches and Woakes did score his 21 runs off just 14 deliveries. Agree that Ali should have been better today, but I don’t see any other team even having two equally good players at 7 and 8, not to mention the likes of Rashid and Archer who can all bat decently too.
The point I was trying to make was that it's easy to say that based on paper, England can bat down to 10/11. But I've not seen an instance of Moeen or Woakes able to finish games off for England in the last year or so, which I use to justify my argument that their lower order is overrated to an extent. I still feel England possess an unreliable lower order, there really aren't any players I see that has really provided that late flourish in games that was required last night.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
But why wasn't England fined for slow over rate?
The second innings started at 2.50 pm when it should have started at 2.30 pm. (verified by espncricinfo)

Interesting you mention that as I was just about to post this: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket...hit-two-match-ban-englands-poor-rate-against/

Looks like he was definitely over the limit, and by not 1 but 3 overs which is considered a serious offence. Were there any injury disruptions during the innings? I cant recall any such incident happening during the first innings. This call doesn't look good on Kiwi match referee Gaffaney.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
SL off to a cracker on a good wicket

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Can anyone explain to me why modern day captains are so obsessed with holding back their trump cards? Morgan batting Buttler at 6 and now two games back to back Rashid Khan has come into bowl having to play catch up. Just baffles me.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Wow .. Mohd Nabi !! What the hell is going on

And suddenly the catching is on point here

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Can anyone explain to me why modern day captains are so obsessed with holding back their trump cards? Morgan batting Buttler at 6 and now two games back to back Rashid Khan has come into bowl having to play catch up. Just baffles me.

Really dont get that either

Bringing in Rashid during the first powerplay when the openers were looking to attack would have fetched a wicket or two. and again, not bringing in Rashid after that game changing over from Nabi - as good as a hattrick

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
This is the most unbelievable turn around I have seen! Unbelievable!

Absolutely insane

An epic collapse - I m glad I stuck around for this phase of the innings

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
They tried so hard to get run out and finally succeeded .... Third time is a charm

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Mid meeting I check the score at 100 odd for 1 and I leave and they're 150 for 5.

Then when I see the detailed scorecard, the enormity of it is realised. 144/1 to 150 for 6.. Insane.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
What a horrible horrible shot by Udana ...

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Meanwhile, Dale Steyn is out of the world cup

Replaced by Hendricks[DOUBLEPOST=1559649768][/DOUBLEPOST]What a moment .. Rashid Khan getting SL's last hope

What a catch by Shehzad - that wasn't easy

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
It'll be a crying shame if this game is washed out. Afghans are just rabid fighters. They were extremely indisciplined with the ball to begin with along with some absolutely terrible captaincy but in one over they changed the game.

I also believe Lanka is not out of this because the ball is definitely doing something. Perhaps another reason why Nabi's performance should be appreciated as one of the better performances not just in this but all over the history of the world cup!

Users who are viewing this thread