ICC Under-19 World Cup 2012

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
The Under-19 Cricket World Cup kicks off on Saturday with 16 countries participating. This edition of the tournament will be hosted in the Australian state of Queensland. With matches being played between the cities of Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Townsville.
Among the associates that have qualified are Scotland, Ireland, Nepal, Afghanistan, Namibia and PNG. Warm-up matces to the tournament started on the 7th of August. With the opening match, Australia versus England, commencing on 11th at Townsville.
Among the fancying their chances will be Australia, who have 3 World Cups under their belt and the tournament being on their home soil.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
anyone any idea who are the guys to watch out for? it's been south africa and england with the packed youth schedule so it's de kock and blair-drummond with the numbers.

still, I remember bangladesh comfortably beating england recently, I think there was sevral players called hossain in the team but one, if not two, of them was very good, though at U-19 level home conditions can be be a huge advantage due to the oppositions limited experience.

I believe the top scorer from the last one, babar azam i think, was only 15 at the time so presumably will be going in as one of pakistans main players.

Addy

National Board President
Yup watch out for Babar Azam and Zia ul haq the left arm quickie, who is being rated so high + Ehsan Adil is another guy to watch out for.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Quad series going on suggests England will be competitive while the Aussies weren't too bad considering Cummins only played the last game and Patterson missed the lost to England.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Unmukt Chand is the captain of Indian team and an excellent player as well. Baba Aparajith is a very good all-rounder as well.

India did very well in Quadrangular Under-19 Series (India) 2011/12 but they have struggled in ongoing Quadrangular Under-19 Series (Australia) 2012 which is not a good sign as they are playing WC in Australia. India have to lift the tempo to do good in this WC.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Worcestershire's Aneesh Kapil is one to look out for. He's taken 8 wickets in England's warm up campaign so far.

----------

India will be looking to Akshdeep Nath, who made an unbeaten 62 against England, taking his average in the Warm-ups to 55.

1iram1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
anyone any idea who are the guys to watch out for? it's been south africa and england with the packed youth schedule so it's de kock and blair-drummond with the numbers.

still, I remember bangladesh comfortably beating england recently, I think there was sevral players called hossain in the team but one, if not two, of them was very good, though at U-19 level home conditions can be be a huge advantage due to the oppositions limited experience.

I believe the top scorer from the last one, babar azam i think, was only 15 at the time so presumably will be going in as one of pakistans main players.

Bangladesh have a couple of good players, 2 of them being Asif Ahmed the captain who doubles up as a handy allrounder, and Anamul Haque who was in Bangladesh's Asia Cup squad. Tashkin Ahmed is a seamer, only 17, and is my friend so I'm praying that he'll do well.

Al Amin will be the man to watch though, a spinning allrounder. I remember him doing incredibly well against England u-19.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Cricinfo I'd imagine, well, when it actually starts that is, in August I think.

Users who are viewing this thread