ICCCT2006: Group A

Well, whatever people say, the form of India in the recent tournaments have been shoddy and useless! The team is clearly not going in the right direction now! All these experiments are being carried out for more than what they are worth for!

Today, the Australian media has blown the horn by saying Chappell is going to quit after the WC. Is there a way that he can be made to quit before the WC and pass over the reins to someone else for the World Cup? lolzz.. Maybe I am asking for too much, but according to my opinion, CHAPPELL HAS DONE NOTHING JUST NOTHING so far! The team has gone back to where it all started when Chappell took over.

Irfan Pathan is just prolonging his bad form. Suresh Raina is proving to be a liability to the side. The catching as usual is horrible, Dravid lacks the skills to handle the pressure situation. The whole team, thrive on usual Indian wickets which are bad for the bowlers that they came a cropper here when the wickets offered juice for the bowlers. And why is it that whenever our bowlers see bounce on the wicket that they repeatedly pitch it short? The same thing Srinath, Zaheer and Nehra did in the World Cup final in 2003 and the same thing Munaf, Pathan and Sreesanth did here against Australia.

All in all, a shoddy performance from the Indians. Time is running out. South Africans are going to pounce on us like hungry tigers. Its going to be the most challenging of all tours that India have faced in recent times. Graeme Smith will start his mind games immediately after SA's Champions Trophy campaign. Ntini and Pollock are in great form. And the wickets are going to be fast, bouncy and with lot of grass.

God save India! At least India have done somethings right by recalling Zaheer Khan and Anil Kumble in the team. Anil Kumble's bowling apart, his experience should be surely used when the team is down. Having him just for tests wont help. Its the one day team that needs confidence and support from some experienced hands! Kumble is one of them! Also Zaheer can be given another chance. Ideally, the recalling of Zaheer is going to spell danger for Pathan. Zaheer and Munaf will open followed by Sreesanth if the team needs 3 fast bowlers for the matches. So Pathan is in a highly risky position! Didnt know that his career would take such a turn. Earlier people said he needed to add pace to his bowling. Now people say he has lost his confidence and rhythm in search of pace. I dont know from where he is going to bring back a dramatic change in his career! Hope Allah helps him in his quest!

Sai,some of your comments are really shocking infact :p I think ur anger on India's performance is making u to speak like that :D

CHAPPELL HAS DONE NOTHING JUST NOTHING

had u forgotten the world record for most victories in chasing by India long time back?

Bad time for India started in ODIs in WestIndies.... thats still continuing :(

Before Carribean tour, India won 4-1 against Pak, 6-1 ( or 5-1 not sure ) against SL, 2-2 against SA...but have to agree that they were all done in Asian pitches!!! Infact that was the period where different experimentations were done..Luckily it was working for India!!!

In Carribean tour... Thats our fault basically for not having the capacity to play against the slow deliveries.....There is nothing wrong with the coach!!!

Aftr that tour, In DLF cup, that series shdnt be counted for India though... becos rain played an additional factor and i prefer saying " Unlucky Indians" than loosers :p

In this champ trophy, as i mentioned before some of the players are really lacking confidence!!!

The people have never seen Tendulkar like that... He was not confident especially in the last match against Aussies!!! Yuvraj unluckily missed the last match.... But inspite of all these things, 270-280 could have easily scored by Indians but Raina & kaif ruined the hopes!!! Both were not confident about the shots they were playing...Raina was looking for singles in 45th over...

So i feel the players should be responsible for not playing to their level best and not the coach....

Infact the coach has brought even the new techniques to practice in nets and i remebr seeing in News that he was also found giving training to bowlers to bat as he wants tail enders also to provide ressistance!!!

Coach can only give ideas, train players and can only be a guide for the players and the rest is upto the players to perform the actions which our players succeeded 0% in champ trophy :)

Also Sai, do u Rember the first match against Australia in prelim round in WC2003? that loss invoked many people's feelings and that lead to the various incidents in player's homes..Remeber the way Ganguly's photo was carried? Infact that triggered the players to play with team spirit!!

Dravid lacks the skills to handle the pressure situation.

:p Dravid was the only person found in Indian team to handle pressure very well in Champs trophy!!

Against Eng : 0 i agree thats worst dismissal

Vs WI : 49... he was going very fine but unlucily he was run out... He handled the pressure very well aftr Sachin's dismissal

Also had u forgotten that Windies were looking very comfrtble with about 7 wickets in hand with Sarwan at crease...Inspite of this Dravid handled the bowlers very well that led to the close match with two balls remaining!!! If Dravid doesnt have the pressure handling capacity then Windies wud have walked to dressing room with ease!!!

Vs Aus : 50+ .... He played an superb innings than Sehwag..Also did u observe? Dravid realised very well that Kaif wasnt looking comfortable and he himself attmpted to accelerate the scoring rate and he did quite well also... Infact Dravid's scoring rate after Kaif came was faster than the one with Sehwag at the crease!!!

But poor Dravid, that was an unfortunate way of getting out in that innings!! In handling the bowlers, well bowlrs bowled horribly and in Dravid's handling capacity, he did well by attacking the batsman and was very optimistic also in getting wicket in evry ball bowled.... ;)

So Dravid has the capcity to handle pressure more well infact better than Sachin in pressure... I heard Geoffrey saying in commentary, " sachin is more comfortable in smaller targets and tensed more & sacrifices in bigger targets "!!!

About pathan, well bowlers in general need to learn the basics first not only Pathan!!! Munaf really impressed evryone....

In SA conditions, do u remebr the last time when India toured them? In tests, we performed horrible... Zaheer and Nehra was absolutely smashed all around the park.....Infact that was the time where both Zaheer & Nehra were in good form!!!

So current bowling lineup is promising... Only thing they have to be triggered with the basics often.... :)

Last edited:
funny thing about Greg Chappell the only coaching he done before india was with South Australia and he was built up as going to get us back to the top but the only thing he done was take us to the bottom in one day and first class and as soon as his 3 year deal was up the SACA fired him. That's why when he was appointed as coach of india i was so shocked and he's really i think has done no good with india.

Well I was never happy with the decision to make Chappell as the coach because he was according to me, not experienced enough to handle a international side.

But I dont think all the blame should be aimed at Chappell and Dravid for India's poor form. The whole team must shoulder it, because the fact it all of them have been disappointing. Probably just Yuvraj and to some extent Dhoni who have shone over the past one year.

Like someone said above it was under Dravid's captaincy and Chappell's reign that India recorded that fantastic consecutive odi wins batting second. Breaking records as a team is something very unlike of Team India, although the players seem to do it well individually.

India also won a test series on foreign soil (against a good enough opposition) under these two, so you cannot say India have done nothing.

The fact is whenever India seem to do well, people hype up the team way too early. As such the expectations reach sky high and when they are not met, people start blaming the coach and the captain.

Irrespective of who the captain or coach is at the World Cup, I dont think India have a very good chance of lifting the trophy.

m_vaughan said:
Well I was never happy with the decision to make Chappell as the coach because he was according to me, not experienced enough to handle a international side.

But I dont think all the blame should be aimed at Chappell and Dravid for India's poor form. The whole team must shoulder it, because the fact it all of them have been disappointing. Probably just Yuvraj and to some extent Dhoni who have shone over the past one year.

exactly, that was what i also meant!!! :) Interesting thing i heard abt chappell is the county team which was under the coach finished last in the season before Chappell took India... I guess, it was Sunil Gavaskar making these comments and wasnt happy when the coach was appointed ( i am not sure though who commented those :))

m_vaughan said:
Like someone said above it was under Dravid's captaincy and Chappell's reign that

Its me :p

m_vaughan said:
Irrespective of who the captain or coach is at the World Cup, I dont think India have a very good chance of lifting the trophy.

Indian team has the capacity of being best... Each player has the unique talent thats not exhibited all together..... Thats the main problem...

I think they players are just not using thier heads. Chappell is powerless. The players aren't buckling down and working.

Users who are viewing this thread