ICCCT2006: Qualifying Round

Oh man, WINDIES sucked, i was hoping that could glued to the TV till 10 o'clock.:crying

But great work by Sri Lankans. especially by Maharoof. :happy

I thought the West Indies would win against Sri Lanka, but Sri Lanka beat them very convincingly.

Actually they've got a thing to settle with Pakistan, since they lost the Test series and ODI series in Sri Lanka. But hopefully it will be a good match, since they will face a better opposition, who will understand the conditions better.

ZexyZahid said:
Actually they've got a thing to settle with Pakistan, since they lost the Test series and ODI series in Sri Lanka. But hopefully it will be a good match, since they will face a better opposition, who will understand the conditions better.
I'm thinking its the other way around. Sri Lanka are playing much better cricket than they were when the Pakistanis were there. We'll be facing a much improved Sri Lankan side.

Sri Lanka proved that batting was possible on the pitch, even though there were edges and lobs and stuff. So Sri Lanka take Group 2 and West Indies in Group 1.

I expected a SL win but not by that much and definitely didn't expect their batting to collapse that badly. Maharoof has been bowling really well this tournament while we haven't seen much from Murali yet.

I thought it would be a close match. Not an all Lankan match. Sri Lanka did extremely well. I hope they will do something similar with the Pakistanis

Users who are viewing this thread