ICCCT2006: Qualifying Round

And now they're all out. If they hadn't collapsed then it would have been a tough chase for the Windies, as it is they should find this really easy. I was hoping Bangladesh would set a tough score as well :(

The Spin said:
And now they're all out. If they hadn't collapsed then it would have been a tough chase for the Windies

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Bangladesh need the likes of Bashar to get runs, so far in this qualification group he is has been woeful, and unfortunately for them their middle order looks extremely weak unless he gets a score.

As you said, should be an easy chase now for the Windies.

Sad stuff from Bangla. When Nafees fell, they lost their heads. Saquibul got a good ball, Bashar played a poor shot to a decent delivery, Ahmed and Reza both had moments of insanity, and I then switched off the TV :(
I have a few questions though:
Why is Ahraful opening?? He is being wasted there.
Why isn't Shadat Hossain playing??

Ten wickets victory for West Indies. They are surely in form lately.

Ashraful is playing becuase they don't have someone else.
The Bangladesh Cricket Board think Javed Omar is too defenisve to be opening the batting in ODI's

Can't wait for SL v WI could go either way especially the way the Windies top order is going. The mix of Chanderpaul and Gayle really has done the trick for them and their bowlers seem to be going well.

WI and SL is very important!

I really liked Chanderpaul today. Him and Gayle were going at a similar pace but he completley slowed down his game to allow Gayle to get to a hundred. Could be seen as just looking for a not out, but I thought it was extremley unselfish.

Huge win. Must of been an explosive innings from Gayle. The highlights of him batting in the other game were shocking. Dropped twice and mistimed a few more. Maybe he is in better form now.

irottev said:
Huge win. Must of been an explosive innings from Gayle. The highlights of him batting in the other game were shocking. Dropped twice and mistimed a few more. Maybe he is in better form now.

He said that after the match he had been experiencing a flue as of late.

ZoraxDoom said:
Sad stuff from Bangla. When Nafees fell, they lost their heads. Saquibul got a good ball, Bashar played a poor shot to a decent delivery, Ahmed and Reza both had moments of insanity, and I then switched off the TV :(
I have a few questions though:
Why is Ahraful opening?? He is being wasted there.
Why isn't Shadat Hossain playing??

I agree about Ashraful. He seems inept at handling the new ball and showed how potent he can be in the middle order. Perhaps they should bring in Javed Omar back despite his poor record or bring another youngster in as Ashraful opening is obviously not working.

Very interesting game between Sri Lanka and WI, both teams have performed strongly in their 2 matches and finally I expect a close encounter. I'd back Sri Lanka to win it though purely on the basis that they have the Murali factor and batting lineup that is firing with Tharanga. But WI also do have potent batting of course with the likes of Lara, Sarwan, Gayle and Chanderpaul. Also it seems that Bravo is back with a good spell against Bangladesh which is a great sign.

Surely Aftab Ahmed would be well served in the opener's spot. He's practically playing it anyway, from no. 3. Then there is this Mehrab Hossain fellow who has been earmarked as a future opener. Also, where has Rajin Saleh gone?

Yea, why isn't Mehrab Hossain playing then?
I think Saleh is injured or has been dropped for poor form.
Also, why didn't Shadat Hossain play? He took a hattrick in the series before this!! And why does Bangla need 3 spinners? Surely Saqubul Hasan is more than adept at bowling 10 overs through? Ferhad Reza isn't a good enough bowler to lead the seam attack. They could drop him, bring in Mehrab(Another spin option as well), and let Aftab Ahmed (First Bangla bowler to take a 5-fer in an ODI) play the fourth seamer's role, with Hossain, Rasel and Mortza as the pace attack?

ZoraxDoom said:
Yea, why isn't Mehrab Hossain playing then?
I think Saleh is injured or has been dropped for poor form.
Also, why didn't Shadat Hossain play? He took a hattrick in the series before this!! And why does Bangla need 3 spinners? Surely Saqubul Hasan is more than adept at bowling 10 overs through? Ferhad Reza isn't a good enough bowler to lead the seam attack. They could drop him, bring in Mehrab(Another spin option as well), and let Aftab Ahmed (First Bangla bowler to take a 5-fer in an ODI) play the fourth seamer's role, with Hossain, Rasel and Mortza as the pace attack?

Fully agreed
If Habibul Bashar wasn't captian he would be dropped.
He hasn't got a hundred and his average and strike rate are shocking even for a Bangladesh player.

Users who are viewing this thread