ICCCT2006: Group B

lol, That was funny.

Good commentary. This lot are much better.

Fulton was very unlucky there. That ball was going down leg. We always seem to get the bad decisions.

->>Great score posted by New Zealand. Pakistan bowled fantastically until the last 15 odd overs. Fleming and Styris were magnificient and the knocks by Oram and McCullum were really important. To have people to finish the innings off like that is just great. 275 to win. I was worried about whether we would make 230 at one stage, so that is a huge bonus.

It should be enough to defend. Dew pending. I really hope it isn't a factor. We should have a good game on our hands. So the batsmen have done their jobs as a whole, now it is time for the bowlers.

Pakistan have some of the best batsmen in the world though. Afridi and Razzaq can make 275 look like nothing. Key players. I hope we can keep them under control.

I think we are in with a good chance, pretty even at the moment, the opening bursts from Bond and Mills and even Franklin (And other of the latter could get some wickets if the Pakistanis underestimate them, thinking Bond is the only threat) will be crucial. We need to keep it tight. Put pressure on. The last thing we need is for them to be off to a flyer! Bowling at the death is a little bit of a worry to me also, Bond should be ok for a few overs presuming he has some left, but I hope Mills or whoever does it copes. Hopefully we will make the task a hard equation.

Great pitch. Offered a little to the seamers but then made a nice batting wicket. Best so far!

well Pakistan looking a bit shaky now after a solid start...as soon as the batsmen start to settle in, they get out...It wasn't really the bowling but their own stupid mistakes which got them out but credit to the bowlers as well...Malik and Yousuf in now and they need to rack up a big partnership here if Pakistan stand any chance of winning this match...After these two there are only 2 real players left who can bat...

Pakistan 94/4 (19.3 ov)

it's gonna be a very very tight finish...Pakistan are 195-5 but Malik is still there...if they hadn't conceded those runs at the end of the innings a bowled a bit responsibly than they would have been in a very good position indeed...they can still win this one but the runrate is up to 8.5 now...

EDIT: Razzaq's just got out...disaster...Pakistans chances of winning this now are limited...this is why Afridi should be sent down the order...

EDIT: And that could be that...Malik gone for a well made 52 but now Pakistan are really out of this game with only the bolwers left...It all depends on the game against South Africa now :crying

Last edited:
NZ win by over 60 runs, congrats to the Kiwis they really have stood up for this tournament and what more Bondy is back and on fire. Could be some major problems for the next team facing him. Fleming is in great touch atm and when hes in good touch usual the Kiwis are too.

Fantastic result! The bowling there aside from at the beginning was fantastic.

Bond was poor early on. Things wern't going his way though. An edge was put down by Fleming (hard chance just got to him low to the ground) a four over the keepers head from a uncontrolled swat but there were some wide ones. He was kinda lucky to get his first wicket.

But that end spell from him was absolutly fantastic. A grerat bowler can start bad but come back later on and improve. I think his last 4 overs was 2-10 or something. That was where Pakistan needed 8 runs an over so he did amazingly well.

Vettori seemed to be expensive but he had no assistance and he really kept the batsmen quiet. Oram was brilliant. Kept the runs down and got wickets.

I stayed up all night to watch, luckily my class is at 3, so it wasn't so bad.

Good game of cricket. They just couldn't hit Bond. He was far too clever. The efforts to keep the dew away were good to see. There was still a lot and I think that made out bowling effort that much more impressive.

You guys basically did what the English should have done to us. A 270ish total is dam hard to chase whether there is dew or not. I think teams should know go back to the basics of batting first unless it's extremely friendly to bowlers.

Well played by New Zealand,great batting and bowling,well done to them
Not the result us saffas would have wanted,it means the game against Pakistan is now going to be the decider

Can't wait till tommorow...i have a felling it gonna be a very exciting and tense match and is gonna do down right to the wire...

its gona be a good match but Afridi need to do somthing tomorow, and i still think he should be batting at 1,2 or 7 where he can smash the bolwers around, younis and thew bowlers need to imporove too.

Oh crap.....top order collapsing again.I don't think batting 1st was a good decision,this is not looking good!Hall also should have been in instead of Langeveld,but racial policies dictated otherwise again

yes finally Arafat gets a chance, been waiting for this for a while now. Gul with a amasing 1st over and Rao is actualy suprising 5 overs 6 runs and a wicket. SA 31/3 keep it up Pak.

edit: wow bad over for Arafat, needs to do better.

edit: chea Rao got another bowling well today.

edit: SA 42/5 amazing bowling for Pakistan.

Last edited:
well pakistan still doing great but Boucher and Kemp are building up a steady partnership here...SA 80-5 now...the bowlers are doing alright apart from Arafat...he's struggling a lot...going at about 8RPO...

I think Pakistan should have this in the bag. Unless this Mohali track has slowed right down, a par total would have been around 250. The early collapse was just ridiculous.

I wouldn't be so sure. The pitch is very much greenish and there are specks of grass present on the pitch. There certainly will be a lot off assistance for the seamers early on and SA do have quality seamers at their disposal. Also they way the tournament has panned out, 2nd innings team have struggled and have either won games by narrow margins or have lost the game.

totally even now, pakistan are 9-2 where South Africa were 9-2, could be a close one if they bat like Boucher and Kemp did

Users who are viewing this thread