ICCCT2006: Group B

kodos said:
I wouldn't be so sure. The pitch is very much greenish and there are specks of grass present on the pitch. There certainly will be a lot off assistance for the seamers early on and SA do have quality seamers at their disposal. Also they way the tournament has panned out, 2nd innings team have struggled and have either won games by narrow margins or have lost the game.
I have no idea what has changed in this pitch to the one that New Zealand scored 274 on against Pakistan 2 days ago. This is honestly ridiculous.

South Africa have pretty much won now, 27-6, pakistan would have to bat amazingly to win now

Afridi is the most irresponsible player, with Pakistan at 6/30odd he does this:

11.6 Ntini to Shahid Afridi, 3 runs, clipped away off the pad to deep square leg
11.5 Ntini to Shahid Afridi, no run, good length delivery outside the off stump, another Afridi swing fails to make contact - was nowhere near the line of that one
11.4 Ntini to Shahid Afridi, FOUR, wayward delivery down the leg side, Afridi gets a touch on it and the ball races away to the fine leg fence - this is turning out to be a good over for Pakistan
11.3 Ntini to Shahid Afridi, SIX, another short delivery, again angled in - this time he makes contact with the pull shot and the ball sails over the midwicket fence - that's Afridi for you
11.2 Ntini to Shahid Afridi, no run, another swing and a miss - this time the ball was well outside the off stump
11.1 Ntini to Shahid Afridi, no run, short ball, angled in from wide outside the off stump, Afridi goes for the pull and the ball goes through to the keeper, half-hearted appeal for lbw turned down

and is then dismissed next over. You can't have any excuses for that kind of batting no matter what spin you put on him saying that he's an 'aggressive' player.

Inbox24 said:

and is then dismissed next over. You can't have any excuses for that kind of batting no matter what spin you put on him saying that he's an 'aggressive' player.
My thoughts exactly, I'd just posted the same thing here before I came to this topic. Poor form

Pakistan are 48/8 now and look like they have no clue , how to bat on a decently quick wicket.
The Mohali wicket is nice and fast like Mohali of the old.

Not great signs for the India V Australia gam on sunday.
Lee and Mcgrath will be licking their lips and so will the Aussie batsmen.
The spinnners will be negated on this sort of a track.

But I doubt whether there will be as much pace and bounce on Sunday as today.
Maybe, they`ll use a different track.

Inbox24 said:

11.6 Ntini to Shahid Afridi, 3 runs, clipped away off the pad to deep square leg
11.5 Ntini to Shahid Afridi, no run, good length delivery outside the off stump, another Afridi swing fails to make contact - was nowhere near the line of that one
11.4 Ntini to Shahid Afridi, FOUR, wayward delivery down the leg side, Afridi gets a touch on it and the ball races away to the fine leg fence - this is turning out to be a good over for Pakistan
11.3 Ntini to Shahid Afridi, SIX, another short delivery, again angled in - this time he makes contact with the pull shot and the ball sails over the midwicket fence - that's Afridi for you
11.2 Ntini to Shahid Afridi, no run, another swing and a miss - this time the ball was well outside the off stump
11.1 Ntini to Shahid Afridi, no run, short ball, angled in from wide outside the off stump, Afridi goes for the pull and the ball goes through to the keeper, half-hearted appeal for lbw turned down

Well...we all know that if he starts batting slow he cant even score wht he scores by playing aggresive! He is a player who is not effected by anything said to him! If he plays slow he will not get even a score of ten! No one can blame him for their loss! At least he scored sum1! Either dont take him in the playing 11 or dont blame him for the loss!

Mohammad Hafeez c Smith b Ntini
Imran Farhat c Pollock b Ntini 4
Younis Khan c Langeveldt b Ntini 7
Mohammad Yousuf b Pollock 5
Shoaib Malik c Boucher b Ntini 0
Kamran Akmal lbw b Ntini 1
Abdul Razzaq b Langeveldt 5
Umar Gul c Boucher b Langeveldt 7
Iftikhar Anjum not out 2

He scored 14! No body except yasi arafat and him crossed 10! So can u still blame him?? Mohammad yousuf played really well did he? wht abt shoaib malik?? he played great too!

Well that was funny; Watching a team of supposed world class batsmen capitulate like that made me giggle. You know your teams batted poorly when a bowler and a mindless slogger are your two top scorers.

And that catch by Mark Boucher is the greatest catch i've ever seen from a wicket-keeper.

Once again I got the shock of my life the way our top order and the majority of our middle order tumbled. I also think that anyone that thinks Gibbs should stay has alot to think about, he is having an absolutely horrible tournament.

Great batting by Kemp and Boucher who showed that the pitch wasn't a complete handful , and once again, its those two that has saved yet another South African innings.

A good thing is that our bowlers are really bowling well, and its enough for me to be confident about the further progression into the tournament.

yea Kemp and Boucher really made the diference. really disapointed with the pak batsman, with a small total on the board they get bowled out for 89. this is where a batmsan like Inzi might have helped and him not being there and Asif and Akhtar mising too is really gona take the atention of this teams poor performance in this tournament apart from the Sri Lanka game. there wasnt anybody consistant Younis didnt do anything in this tournamnet, Afridi the same, Malik was ok for a couple of games and so was Yousuf. o well atleast the windies are still there.

All 3 sub continent sides have now been knocked out, definitely didn't pick that. Once again the pacemen are causing the problems on these pitches.

Good performance by SA though, looked for all money that they were gone then Boucher yet again saves the ship.

Funny, I would bet you Smith won't be bitching about this pitch being a shocker. He sure as hell did in the first match when his team lost. *rolleseyes* Simular scores in those games too.

I didn't see it, but Pakistan musta batted pretty badly and Ntini and others landing the ball in the right place.

So 3 teams are through, with 1 to come. NZ go to second on table after that match, because Pakistan were so pathetic. But that is fantastic. WI should stay top of pool with a game vs England to come. They will definatly be easier to beat than India or the Aussies. My ideal scenario would be NZ vs Aussie final.

The top of Table B vs Second of A is on a slow pitch.

aussie1st said:
All 3 sub continent sides have now been knocked out, definitely didn't pick that. Once again the pacemen are causing the problems on these pitches.

Good performance by SA though, looked for all money that they were gone then Boucher yet again saves the ship.
India is still there. :D

gaurav_indian said:
India is still there. :D

Ooops thinking a bit too far ahead :)

Windies actually look to be the form team this tournament so I definitely wouldn't want to be playing them. If Aus manage to go through then one of the semis will be interesting. Aus v NZ the usual rivalry or SA v Aus the first time the two have met since that World Record day.

If West Indies win tomorrow against england, then either of india or australia will face South Africa at Jaipur. If West Indies lose to england tomorrow and India beat Australia in Mohali, then West Indies might face South Africa at Jaipur since India have a better run rate and beating Australia would only enhance their run rate even more.

But I rate India's chances as slim. Not because Australia are strong, but because the Indians arent settled at all, have a shuffling attitude and I doubt they could put it past Australia. As a patriotic Indian, I would root for my country, but I know its damn challenging! Should be a cracker of a game!

Pakistan's display today was one of the most pathetic ones that I've seen. Only subcontinent sides can display such pathetic stuff. But Pakistan werent as bad as India displayed against Sri Lanka in a game where they were bundled out for 54.

I hope India dont meet the same fate against Australia!

aditya123 said:
Pakistan are 48/8 now and look like they have no clue , how to bat on a decently quick wicket.
The Mohali wicket is nice and fast like Mohali of the old.

Not great signs for the India V Australia gam on sunday.
Lee and Mcgrath will be licking their lips and so will the Aussie batsmen.
The spinnners will be negated on this sort of a track.

But I doubt whether there will be as much pace and bounce on Sunday as today.
Maybe, they`ll use a different track.

It actually was a green top today! Since India is the host nation, I am confident that much of the grass would be cut off. But the wicket is traditionally a good wicket for the fast bowlers. So the wicket has lot of chances of holding together. I dont think the same wicket as the NZ-Pakistan game was used for the Pak-SA match! How did NZ score 274 on this ground?

Maxkarter said:
Once again I got the shock of my life the way our top order and the majority of our middle order tumbled. I also think that anyone that thinks Gibbs should stay has alot to think about, he is having an absolutely horrible tournament.

Great batting by Kemp and Boucher who showed that the pitch wasn't a complete handful , and once again, its those two that has saved yet another South African innings.

A good thing is that our bowlers are really bowling well, and its enough for me to be confident about the further progression into the tournament.

I guess you didn't watch the first 15-20 overs of the match?? The ball was moving all over the place. The Pakistan bowlers bowled very good line and length but most importantly had a lot of assistance from the pitch. I'd say not too many batsmans around the world could have got settled in on that pitch early. Even Pakistan's premier batsmans Younis Khan and Youssuf found it difficult to bat on.

Interesting tournament so far. The pitches have been variable and really many before the tournament expected large totals and spinners proving to be the difference but in fact it has been the seam bowlers so far. It is certainly un-subcontinent like conditions and I quite enjoy it like this where teams are not consistently smashing 300 runs +. This is most likely the reason why already Pakistan and Sri Lanka are out of the tournament.

Users who are viewing this thread