IGN preview for Don Bradman 14 (Looks cool)

Conclusions I'm getting from other places on the internet are "graphics are a bit shit, gameplay seems nice though" which is probably what was to be expected...

Any "graphics are shit" comments should be immediately followed by a link to any of MattW's AC13 videos...

Conclusions I'm getting from other places on the internet are "graphics are a bit shit, gameplay seems nice though" which is probably what was to be expected...

As said prior, openly, honestly (hate using that word now post AC13), the graphics are not up there with NBA2K/Madden, however they are not "a bit shit", that's just not a reasonable assessment.

In any case, it's not the graphics as a whole, it's the stitching together of separate animation that is the issue - this is our *major* focus with the game we are working on now.

Last edited:
There's only so much they can do after all it's their 1st attempt. It's much better than most 1st instalment. Also on ps3+360 so only so much they can do with the hardware. The level of detail in the gameplay and presentation is more than any other cricket game. Need to stop comparing with AAA titles.

Graphic whores a plenty here. We were all desperate to get a cricket game. Finally a developers steps up and delivers whats look to be a revolutionary cricket experience and some have started complaining of graphics. This is quite pathetic tbh.

Last edited:
Graphics a bit shit??... really? I must have really low standards then... on that note.. tbh I have NEVER seen a flood light shine off an object and reflect with such realistic graphics such as davey Warners bat in the opening scene of IGN vid.

Not me that's complaining; just saying what I'm hearing from other places on the internet. I mean, it is SA so the fact that everything bar graphics was seen as "really good" is actually quite impressive...

I'm fine with bad looking sports games provided that the animations are responsive and actually make me feel in control. That was (one) of the major flaws of AC13; you couldn't bat as you would in real cricket because the animations were so bad it made you not feel in control and also not immersed. There do seem to be a few issues in animation stuff in the videos I've seen (can't nail down exactly what, I few of the shots just look a little odd, although that could be human error); but we won't know if it causes any problems while playing the game until we have it...

Pretty much if you can bat OK in the nets then you can bat in the middle (apart from reading the ball of course).

bad looking... bit harsh. Best to wait until we get our hands on it. if people are that graphics mad get it on pc when it comes i guess it will look better on that than console. Not that graphics are the be all or end all of a game.

Did those folks watch the same videos we did? I didn't see anything wrong with graphics and in fact graphics related to pitch, stadiums and the players are the best we have ever seen in a cricket game. This sort of feedback makes you question the credibility of the people making such comments and you have to wonder whether they have ever played a cricket game.

Did those folks watch the same videos we did? I didn't see anything wrong with graphics and in fact graphics related to pitch, stadiums and the players are the best we have ever seen in a cricket game. This sort of feedback makes you question the credibility of the people making such comments and you have to wonder whether they have ever played a cricket game.

Totally agree, can't compare this to a AAA game. As a cricket game it looks stunning and going where no cricket game has gone before.... :)

Unfortunately a game like NBA 2k14 comes along with their next-gen graphics, and you get kids thinking that all games should look like that.

Users who are viewing this thread