IGN preview for Don Bradman 14 (Looks cool)

Shouldn't a review trigger the snicko? I don't think we need to see it otherwise.

not necessarily only a review, i think IVG mentioned how commentary discuss if you missed an appeal or didn't review etc. so they might show it then (again, fits with tv)... even the hotspot is fine because they show that when they middle etc. as part of natural replays.

that one didn't look an edge to me... more a well hit late cut. and usually you only see snicko either as a review or just confirming a wicket or dodgy/good decision, or missed appeal/review as i said above.

hell, this is nitpicking i know... if the tv presentation being a bit trigger happy with snicko is the level of our gripes, i think we'll all be happy

My only real gripe based on this video is how close the keeper and slips are to the stumps. I think this could impact upon gameplay negatively.

Perhaps because they had to slow the bowling speed relative to real life speed so players had time to react, this means that because of the accurate ball physics the ball won't travel very far after it pitches compared to a real life 130 km/h delivery.

I wish they ign guys upload the full uncut video of 10 over match. They must have recorded all of it? We should request them on youtube channel or some other way. Maybe a cake would work :spy

My only real gripe based on this video is how close the keeper and slips are to the stumps. I think this could impact upon gameplay negatively.

Perhaps because they had to slow the bowling speed relative to real life speed so players had time to react, this means that because of the accurate ball physics the ball won't travel very far after it pitches compared to a real life 130 km/h delivery.

I know you've said this before but i hope/think it might be due to the pitch conditions... i dont know just a guess. And it dont really effect the game so doesn't really matter.. :)

I've seen "snicko" used as a presentation thing outside of a edge-referral plenty of times on Sky Sport in NZ. Usually when one of our batsman has clubbed Ishant Sharma over the boundary for the third time in an over...

...but yeah, I've seen it used outside of proper edges before. Not often, but it's happened.

Looks good to me. Think the shoulders are far too broad but that's such a minor detail that it doesn't matter. Looks buggy in places and fielding looks quite horrible but looks like it will probably be the best cricket game out there. Did look too easy to get 4s at the end there but they were probably on easy

It's been confirmed they were playing on easy. Player models were from the academy, so #BlameSnowy

It's been confirmed they were playing on easy. Player models were from the academy, so #BlameSnowy

There were some tells which made me know straight away they weren't my players (kit numbers for certain players, kit sponsors etc.) I wish they used my creations...that would have been cool to see

In all y'all defense, you've only been doing faces and been able to see any of the players interact outside of the academy, so I'm guessing there will be some tweaking going on after the game is out.

I'm DESPERATE to see my bat in the game (cough @BigAntStudios cough) but I've waited this long...

Last edited:
Yeh the body sizes/shapes will certainly be changing. Different people have taken very different approaches. I just hope the max neck length does Jordan Silk justice.

372252-9158591a-7426-11e3-b21a-c1acf4d34253.jpg

I know you've said this before but i hope/think it might be due to the pitch conditions... i dont know just a guess. And it dont really effect the game so doesn't really matter.. :)

It does if you plan on blocking the ball and running, or just running even if you miss the ball, or the keeper getting to the stumps for run out. There are probably more.

Maybe it's different in the current version though.

Yeh the body sizes/shapes will certainly be changing. Different people have taken very different approaches. I just hope the max neck length does Jordan Silk justice.

I've never seen him before, but boy he does make people think of only one type of animal doesn't he? I'd love to see a picture of him and Gladstone Small side by side.

But Anderson using left hand is odd but like the too much sliding it doesn't affect the gameplay in any way....:yes

There is very little chance that a wild guess of mine is actually correct, but it could be that a fielder's throwing arm is linked in the game to their batting. Anderson is a right hander, but he bats left handed, so the game may think of him as left handed.

Google imaged this fellow, assuming it was just a funny picture. It's not. Turns out he's a good fielder though.

Users who are viewing this thread