IGN preview for Don Bradman 14 (Looks cool)

Really Shocked to see six distance meter first impressions were like watching a cricket match on television.

Can we switch of that bowling assitant / meter display?

Yeah, presentation style is totally to next level in cricket game and is of top notch.
  • Snicko & hotspot - in one of the boundaries.
  • Comparison of England at end of so & so overs, comparing with Australian scorecard.
  • Six distance meter
  • Cancelling the bowling runner up & umpire's signal for the same.

Minor but attractive things. :)

You sure?? I dont think there ever was an hour long video on DBC14

You are right. What we initially had from twistie was an edited version of his recording which was 8 mins long. After requests from some people, he released the entire video which is about 20 mins long (the same that you linked few posts back).

Most of the gameplay videos posted are from guys who played the game for the first time. I would really love to see a gameplay video from the guys at BAS who are well versed with the controls. Or do they have to ask TruBlu's permission?

Most of the gameplay videos posted are from guys who played the game for the first time. I would really love to see a gameplay video from the guys at BAS who are well versed with the controls. Or do they have to ask TruBlu's permission?

You would see a lot of cool videos in a month's time (unless you are also buying it on Day 1)

I had a chuckle this morning when I re-saw the thread title of this one, with the little (Looks Cool) in brackets of the title. I think all thread titles henceforth should come with a little bracketed statement of the OP's opinion.

For example:

• Don Bradman Cricket 14 Console release in March, Steam in May (...Eh)
  • Poor Marketing/Release on PS4/xbox1? (ATPMegaWhatever goes insane here)
  • Your Player Cards (Holy Zeus' corpse this thread is full of awesome)
  • A controller is REQUIRED to play on PC - Controls in First Post! (...but is it really?)

About the only presentation information part I wasn't too excited about was the spin revolution meter. I'm not sure about the whole 1200 odd revolutions per minute or whatever it was at one point, not sure if 20 revolutions per second on a cricket ball is likely? Well even if it is, I wouldn't mind it displayed as 20 revolutions per second, rather than per minute. Seems a little more relevant.

Still to find the not so impressive parts of the game, you really have to look, as there's just so much done right.

Also, someone mentioned the left armed fielding? Could that be left armed bowlers throwing back left handed? Quite a few left arm bowlers do field right handed oddly enough, so I can understand that looking a little odd to see.

Wasn't sure how I'd feel without a bowling marker even popping up for even a half second, but I'm thinking that those wides at the end of the game won't happen to an experienced player. :)

RPM is how it's done on sky's presentation, and in other articles or facts about spinners, so revs per minute is accurate.

About the only presentation information part I wasn't too excited about was the spin revolution meter. I'm not sure about the whole 1200 odd revolutions per minute or whatever it was at one point, not sure if 20 revolutions per second on a cricket ball is likely? Well even if it is, I wouldn't mind it displayed as 20 revolutions per second, rather than per minute. Seems a little more relevant.

Still to find the not so impressive parts of the game, you really have to look, as there's just so much done right.

Also, someone mentioned the left armed fielding? Could that be left armed bowlers throwing back left handed? Quite a few left arm bowlers do field right handed oddly enough, so I can understand that looking a little odd to see.

Wasn't sure how I'd feel without a bowling marker even popping up for even a half second, but I'm thinking that those wides at the end of the game won't happen to an experienced player. :)

Apparently, Graeme Swann used to bowl at up to 2000 rpm.

Just watched the videos and have to say that BigAnt have done great job with the game. I am amazed with the level of details and customisation available.

The sniko just before the hotspot was great to see. Great work Ross and Co.... Good luck.

Well thanks for that info on the spin revs, never seen it before. Geez it's amazing how much turn they get on those balls! Still think per second would be better though. :p

I think you can have it at higher level as well I suppose it's like turning it on/off...Can anyone confirm this??

All I know is the option to turn it off and on was accidentally released in the latest CA build. Whether it can be used when difficulty is at a certain level, no idea.

the only slightly jarring thing for me, presentation-wise, was snicko (big ears?) on a four... only ever seen it on edges/lbw for DRS.

as a "thing", it looked great*, but was just odd to see it for a four

All I can think of is that it looked a bit like an edge (and acted like one too), so that could be a trigger for snicko and hot spot?

Users who are viewing this thread