India in England/Ireland/Scotland

i think it is not right to blame dravid yet, give him another series

He does'nt have a clue as to what he is doing.
Maybe,he finds it tough to control a team in which you have the likes of his ex-captains Sourav and Sachin.

It is time,for him to step aside.
Correction. You or I would not have a clue as to what we were doing if we were captaining the Indian team. Dravid is not a bad captain but he is not very good either. As all captains do, he goes with his gut instinct a lot. It's just that it seems like his gut instinct fails him quite a bit.

Why is everyone always going for the Captains throat? He's not bad, he's a good captain. I remember when he was first inducted as Captain that he was awesome. Field changes and bowling changes, always won him the game!
First off he doesn't have all of the players that he used to rely on -Irfan the wickettaker/allrounder, Kaif the ownage fielder, and many more. There have been so many shuffles in the side its just taken a little bit of time for Dravid to get used to.

Its NOT time for Dravid to step aside. There is no one capable, maybe rest ganguly, to replace him right now. Yuvraj in my eyes is NOT a capable captain and neither is Dhoni.

Anyone in India have any idea how to get Star Cricket? They have distributed absolutely no knowledge about it and I guess I should call my cable operator to find out the bad news tomorrow.

Also, I recall that away tests won't be broadcast on DD because the government has only made the rules for ODI's. So anyone who has succeeded to get Star Cricket (and who is not using Tata Sky/Dish) please do spill!

Last edited:
Its being shown on Zee Cinema mate, the match tomorrow. As for Star Cricket I have no clue.
Z Cinema is usually even there in the basic package so you should be good to go...

things don't look good for tomorrow:

Live weather:
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/local/UKXX0061?from=search_city
:(
I'm not talking about today's match which will be shown on Neo Sports which I have. I'm asking about the tour of England, for which the rights are with Star Cricket.

ahh sorry mate.
My Grandpa on my moms side in India has Tata Sky, and my grandpa on my dads side in india has a Set-Box.
I don't really know the details sitting here from the USA. :p
Btw, whats the problem with the Tata?

Raining right now. Urgh.

Last edited:
Please use the Pakistan in Scotland thread for discussion of today's India v Pakistan match.
The names are more than a little confusing! Gotta blame that on the boards though.

ahh sorry mate.
My Grandpa on my moms side in India has Tata Sky, and my grandpa on my dads side in india has a Set-Box.
I don't really know the details sitting here from the USA. :p
Btw, whats the problem with the Tata?

Raining right now. Urgh.
Well I have a "set-top box" as they call it. So maybe that information will help! The problem with Tata Sky is I'm not a subscriber and it's something like Rs. 2000 for the satellite and then more money for the channel. Doesn't make sense given that I've already bought a set-top box from InCablenet and paid money for four months of sports channels. :)

Last edited:
So you are suggesting that we lost primarily due to Dravid's captaincy and not due to the superiority and experience of the South African bowlers? I think that is closing the eyes to the light. As suggested earlier, Tendulkar may have gotten a wicket but he just may have well gone for 10 an over (like he did today). You are incorrectly assuming that Dravid made all the worst decisions, something you cannot back up because you don't know what would have happened if he made the decisions you suggested. Dravid's captaincy left a lot to desire, I agree, but blaming the loss on him is stupid.

getting a wicket will always put a break on the scoring rate even if the bowler goes for 8-10 runs. The decisions that i had suggested wuld have been taken by any good skipper , as it was quite clear nothing was happening for india.
I am not assuming anything , it is a fact . Nobody knows what would have happened if dravid had taken those decisions and now we will never know but atleast dravid would have explored all the possibilities of success .When you do not take some decisions(even though it was possible for you to take that decision) and leave some stones unturned then it is something you have to think about.
And about rohit . That is not thinking on your feet.It is something routine any captain does .An unknow quantity for oppostion ?maybe he will surprise them , let's see .That is the routine thinking .It is not a git feeling . it would be nice if you refrain from making personal comments .

:rolleyes:

none of these questions would have been raised had India won that game. Its easy to find alternatives now that the game is over. There is no guarantee that Sachin would have done anything different, probably would have been more expensive than any of other bowlers.

People say the match was close as it went down to the last over but anyone who saw the entire SA innings would have realised that they were never really in any trouble chasing. They paced their innings accordingly and would have adjusted it to chase a few more runs.

there are no gurantee's in this sport .

:noway

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread