India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Yeah, I was hearing about that on the radio. Shooting stars etc all night although if you live anywhere near a big city with light pollution it'll be hard to see.
Back to the cricket and I'm convinced Dravid is planning on making England follow on - he's just playing mind games.

Yep, Dravid will want a win. If India win, they level England on points in the rankings.

Yep, Dravid will want a win. If India win, they level England on points in the rankings.
Looking optimistically in the long term, if India can go joint second (or close third, whatever it is when points are equal) and then beat Australia in Australia in the New Year and go first in the rankings, it may be the perfect time for one or more of the Big Four (Kumble instead of the 32 year old Laxman in this particular four) to bow out on a high.

There is a massive opportunity for India here to take the test rankings by storm and they must go for a win by any means necessary in this match. In my opinion, that means either batting for 30 overs or less going for a bit of a slog or enforcing the follow on and looking for the innings victory.

think you're getting carried away there mate

He's right though. India can wrap up a 2-0 series win here quite easily, and go joint second. Australia won't have played test cricket for a short while when they face off later this year and India could sneak a win. You have to admit, if you can beat England at home you can do anything.

think you're getting carried away there mate

Me too. Worth saying though.

Weather update, clouds look light in colour in the window outside the Sky Sports booth at the Oval and there seems to be quite a low chance of rain currently. Looking at forecasts and my limited knowledge of weather (looking at pressure charts and the like), expect showers in the late morning to late afternoon.

yeah i think the main threat of rain will be tomorrow..

my hunch is that india will bat again..they already bowled 100 overs, they might need to bowl another 100+..

we saw how tired england bowlers were after 150+ over..so imagine bowling 200+...

Although india's batsmen would like to bat or india's bowlers would like a rest, i think dravid will bowl again because this pitch is a bit like mohali, the scores get lower and lower due to the dusty pitch, but if england do set india 100 odd to win then that will be like chasing 250 for india because panesar would be a big threat on the last day pitch....my opinion anyway :)

1. Are you dumb? Look at the Australian Line Up! They would beat them on any given day! Wait until the Test series in Australia before you come and say this!

2. Yes, their bowling has been impressive.

3. Yeah Yeah No. Trescothick isn't the answer, but they have missed Hoggard and Flintoff hugely, especially their bowling - they are two great experienced bowlers!

4. Hmmm, maybe.

just wait till india thrash aussies in the series against them

just wait till india thrash aussies in the series against them
LMAO!!

Australia play Sri Lanka before we play India, so we'll be ready & if you didn't notice we beat England 5-0 whilst you should've lost the 1st Test & it would've been interesting to see what would've happened from there.

Monty & Tremlett are sticking round.

damn, would have been LBW if it wasnt a no-ball.....this is getting a bit embarrasing for india, but not as embarrasing as india last wicket 64 run partnership :)

all out, panesar gone, LBW kumble

Last edited:
I am hearing India will bat again. :laugh

And it's now confirmed.

Users who are viewing this thread