India in England/Ireland/Scotland

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
We say Tendulkar wasn't out and you lot say Uthappa was.

My god, who do you think was more likely to have single-handedly won India the series?
Who is the best batsman to ever grace a cricketing field?
Who has been India's hero for the last 20 years?

Uthappa or Tendulkar?

Considering the current form its Tendulkar.;)

This is getting nowhere. Tendulkar was not out, Uthappa was out, it evens out. Get over it please.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Somebody asked why the Sreesanth decision did not get much publicity, I gave my answer. I never said they evened themselves out.

The question wasn't directed at you or what you thought. I was just making your point and you quote aided me in that.

irottev

School Cricketer
What about Pietersen going back out after being wrongly given. Will it be that hard to let everyone do that. They have to be consistent.

If a batsman knows he isn't out, let him stand there, and ask for an appeal. If the appeal is wrong, don;t give the team another one. If it's right let them re-use it. Perfect system. So longas the batsmen stay honest when they didn't hit it, and they refer it, they can't just waste time. Same for the bowler and keeper. Give them 1 per innings for if they know there is an edge.

Take a look at how Tennis has embraced technology. That has been an improvement.

In reguards to captaincy, Dravid has been terrible in ODI's especially. Give it back to Ganguly.

Last edited:

Eddie

International Cricketer
if india were to change ODI captains ( and i don't think they will), they should look for a younger player.

I know they have made dhoni 20/20 captain, maybe the extra responsibility will result in him batting with more maturity and responsibility in the future..

but i think dravid's got the job for a while now.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
How many times have Englishmen made a big deal out of Indian umpires on past tours of England to India? We're now just evening the complaints department out a bit ;)

I still don't think the series was decided by the umpiring decisions. Like Ravi Shastri pointed out in a newspaper column yesterday, India was always two steps behind England in this series and were gasping to catch up all the time. England, on the other hand, played more consistently and had a definitely stronger fielding and bowling side than India. Their captain was also far more dynamic in the way he lead his team.

Sureshot

Executive member
Belated reply to the win on Saturday:

A great performance by England, we outbowled, outbatted and outfielded the Indian's a convincing final victory, even if we did lose both openers early. Dimi was excellent, as was Jimmy and Flintoff. I thought Monty bowled alright too. Kp and Bell and Kp and Colly put on good partnerships when we batted and I think Kp is getting into his groove again.

Well done England, 4-3 is the right result imo. Well done India, a sucessful tour for them, although disappointed in the ODIs a test series win in England is no mean feat.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Belated reply to the win on Saturday:

A great performance by England, we outbowled, outbatted and outfielded the Indian's a convincing final victory, even if we did lose both openers early. Dimi was excellent, as was Jimmy and Flintoff. I thought Monty bowled alright too. Kp and Bell and Kp and Colly put on good partnerships when we batted and I think Kp is getting into his groove again.

Well done England, 4-3 is the right result imo. Well done India, a sucessful tour for them, although disappointed in the ODIs a test series win in England is no mean feat.

To be honest, 7 ODIs made me a little sick of the two sides going at each other. I'd have much rather had another Test match (like we had in the last tour of England). And a triangular ODI tournament would have reduced the monotony of it.

Users who are viewing this thread