India in England Jun-Sept 2014

andrew austen

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
id like to know what everyone thinks of the series being played without DRS. Personally i believe that in England we use DRS and it should be used in all home series, and if india don't want to use it they are in no means obliged to do so. DRS is a excellent asset to the game and has proved to be a good way to overturn bad calls by the umpire.
This is no way an attack on indian cricket, in fact i hope most will agree.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Once Fletcher is done, I would really like Kirsten or Wright to return.

Having said, having seen the FTP I posted a few days ago, the run after Aus is easy. Away tours are to Ban and Zim and every remaining test match on India pitches. Its a run of 8 such series, or so. So after Aus, the coach will suddenly start to look rather good. So I don't see Fletcher going anywhere if he lasts the Aus tour.

I dont see either of them returning, especially not Wright. Wright lost ideas towards the end of his coaching stint with India, and frankly I wouldn't want him back again. I doubt Kirsten would return back to our fold, with his family commitments.

PokerAce

Banned
id like to know what everyone thinks of the series being played without DRS. Personally i believe that in England we use DRS and it should be used in all home series, and if india don't want to use it they are in no means obliged to do so. DRS is a excellent asset to the game and has proved to be a good way to overturn bad calls by the umpire.
This is no way an attack on indian cricket, in fact i hope most will agree.

Oh Boy ! Another one of these discussions ! :D

Jokes apart, you will find plenty of both sides of the coin in some of the threads. Personally I am happy without DRS, its too complicated a system. What I would like is a system, where the 'howlers' are still removed, but that system sadly is not DRS.

You may find this thread interesting.An Article On How To Fix DRS - PlanetCricket Forums

namin96

Club Captain
Since everyone is so confident with Ashwin's batting why not slot him in at number 3?

Ashwin could open with Vijay to get a bigger partnership at the top. Till gambhir and Dhawan open with Vijay, there will not be big partnerships because their techniques against the short ball and moving ball are horrendous. Ashwin has a better technique than both of those fools.

PokerAce

Banned
I just placed vCash Bet on India to win the 5th test ... :D Call me mad or whatever, but thats the fan in me :D

Also the test starts on 15th Aug ... If India cannot win a test starting on 15th Aug when can they win !! Also interestingly Pak are playing a test match starting 14th Aug ... !!

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I just placed vCash Bet on India to win the 5th test ... :D Call me mad or whatever, but thats the fan in me :D

Also the test starts on 15th Aug ... If India cannot win a test starting on 15th Aug when can they win !! Also interestingly Pak are playing a test match starting 14th Aug ... !!

How do you place the bet ? I have 63k worth of VCash according to my profile. I wish to go all in :P[DOUBLEPOST=1407961081][/DOUBLEPOST]Nvm .. found it

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
On India winning the game :D I have no idea how I got this vCash thing or how it functions, but its been there

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK

grkrama

National Board President
cant get much info on the pitch, hope its a result pitch and not a flat track, right now i wouldn't mind losing another test as long as there is a chance to win, just don't want a draw here.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Will history repeat itself? India draw first blood, then lose two on the trot and then a draw - another series lost.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm confused as to why Broad is being allowed to play in this match. I think we need to look further ahead to the World Cup & The Ashes and immediately start fixing up his knee, it's not like we don't have a decent crop of seamers to come in and take his place.

Plus, it's only India :p

stefan

International Coach
Did Cook hit his head again...Anderson better then Steyn:facepalm

Steyn 75 matches 383 wickets @22.56 strikerate 41.7(best by any bowler with over 200 wickets in the history)

Anderson 98 matches 376 wickets @ 29.86 strikerate of 58.4

“No disrespect to Dale Steyn, but the way Jimmy can swing the ball both ways. I don’t think Dale can do that quite as well as Jimmy although Dale has the added advantage of being able to bowl quicker.”

Jimmy Anderson is ‘the world’s most skilful bowler’, says Alastair Cook | Sport | The Guardian

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
If I had to pick between Steyn & Anderson i'd pick Steyn anyday of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread