India in England Jun-Sept 2014

ok back on topic only change i would want in the lineup that's we are all agreed Sir ji is not going to get dropped by dhoni, is ishant in pankaj out mostly. Gambir out dhawan or nohit in.
Personally i would want to give dhawan the crack.

Dont worry. That guy (Untouchables666) has a infamous history of his crush for Tendulkar! Anything he says about Sachin, don't give too much importance to it.:D

I have been finding out about his man love for SRT, over a course of discussions since yesterday. :D I thought at the start he wanted an objective discussion on this, and then in his last reply he said will prove 'Tendulkar was nothng' and proved his man love for SRT beyond all doubt. :D[DOUBLEPOST=1407861676][/DOUBLEPOST]
Exactly thats why my first post on the matter at hand alluded to this. Maybe you interpreted it wrong or emotions got the better of you, we all make mistakes its only human:

Great ! Yay! just end it now. and I interpretted what I was saying all along wrong !! Okay

I realise youre a bit agitated with the harsh words you are using and censored expletives. Relax we're not arguing rather debating. Chill take a five. Any SRT specific I will entertain on another thread or we can start a private discussion.

" censored expletives" - What?

Anderson and Broad are the best pair of fast bowlers opening at present, yes I rate them higher than Steyn/Morkel or Steyn/Philander.

Anderson and Broad can make it easily in the top 5 fast bowlers at present, to think otherwise is foolish.

this was your first post on this matter btw .

Dont worry. That guy (Untouchables666) has a infamous history of his crush for Tendulkar! Anything he says about Sachin, don't give too much importance to it.:D

Lolz. Those days are in the past. Sachin iz da best. :cheers

ok back on topic only change i would want in the lineup that's we are all agreed Sir ji is not going to get dropped by dhoni, is ishant in pankaj out mostly. Gambir out dhawan or nohit in.
Personally i would want to give dhawan the crack.

I want to thank you for this post. I was about to leave this board :D

Also is Ishant is fit, then 10 of the players pick themselves, 11th depends on the pitch.

The 10 being

Dhawan
Vijay
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Dhoni
Ashwin
Bhuvi
Varun
Ishant

THe 11th Pankaj or Jadeja depending on what the pitch has to offer. I personally am very excited aobut this team ... I know the last test made me want to shoot me in the head :D, but still, this is the best realistic side we have to offer. Realistic, being, there may be some hidden 17 yr somewhere who could smash England all over, but based on the info available, (form apart), in terms of quality yes this is the best we have to offer. Back this team, they will come good. They will emerge much stronger from the tour.

Edit - Umesh Yadav Perhaps needs to be here too.

Last edited:
I remember Price of Zim had tenulkar in all kinds of trouble on tour. SRT would be averaging not more than 10 against him. Are there stats on Price vs SRT.
Depends on how many times the two have faced against each other (multiple tours), but I see where you were going with that.

Even if one bowler kept getting him, he clearly didn't do it early enough to keep him from averaging 50.
Point well put. If a bowler struggled to get a batsman out before he does significant damage, getting his wicket at the end shouldn't be counted as a "bunny"

I want to thank you for this post. I was about to leave this board :D

Also is Ishant is fit, then 10 of the players pick themselves, 11th depends on the pitch.

THe 11th Pankaj or Jadeja depending on what the pitch has to offer. I personally am very excited aobut this team ... I know the last test made me want to shoot me in the head :D, but still, this is the best realistic side we have to offer. Realistic, being, there may be some hidden 17 yr somewhere who could smash England all over, but based on the info available, (form apart), in terms of quality yes this is the best we have to offer. Back this team, they will come good. They will emerge much stronger from the tour.

Edit - Umesh Yadav Perhaps needs to be here too.

I would have this XI for the final test:

M Vijay
S Dhawan
C Pujara
A Rahane
V Kohli
M Dhoni
R Ashwin
R Jadeja
B Kumar
I Sharma
V Aaron

Unfortunately, we have to use Jadeja since he is the only other spinner left after Ashwin. And historically, Oval is a spinner's track, so India will have to use both spinners. Praying that Ishant is fit (yeah, feeling wierd that I am rooting for him to be back) so that Pankaj is out. And after the failed experiment with Gambhir, its back to Shikar Dhawan, who I hope took his drop in the previous game seriously.

M Vijay
S Dhawan
C Pujara
A Rahane
V Kohli
M Dhoni
R Ashwin
R Jadeja
B Kumar
I Sharma
V Aaron

Unfortunately, we have to use Jadeja since he is the only other spinner left after Ashwin. And historically, Oval is a spinner's track, so India will have to use both spinners. Praying that Ishant is fit (yeah, feeling wierd that I am rooting for him to be back) so that Pankaj is out. And after the failed experiment with Gambhir, its back to Shikar Dhawan, who I hope took his drop in the previous game seriously.

Yeah for the most part the team is similar, I think we should leave the option open to play 4 seamers though, (in place of Jadeja) if the pitch offers help to seamers. The 4th seamer could be Pnakj, but I would also actually support playing I Pandey. I mean he has been on tour why not give him a game as the 4th seamer?

M Vijay
S Dhawan
C Pujara
A Rahane
V Kohli
M Dhoni
R Ashwin
R Jadeja
B Kumar
I Sharma
V Aaron

News and Analysis : England v India, 5th Investec Test, The Oval | 'Spin not as big a factor at The Oval these days' | Cricket videos, MP3, podcasts, cricket audio | ESPN Cricinfo

So I expect us to play Jadeja anyway. :rolleyes

Look whether a person fails or wins, personal life is not to be touched. Who he is dating, stoning throwing and all that. If the frustration is so high, just kick him from the team. End of. Anything beyond is a no no.

Also listening to the pundits is not a good idea for it can incite over-reaction. First of all I rarely heard any expert say anything apart from the fking obvious. Important not to lose early wickets when batting, getting a lead important, and the usual obvious things everyone and his dog knows. Even when they go slightly more in-depth they still harp on the obvious. Should India play 5 bowlers for instance. After Lord's they say go with 4 as Binny rarely used, then after 3rd test they said, play with 5. I mean thats obvious to any and everyone anyway.

In the context of stone throwing its especially important to point out this incident I recall on Harsha Bhogle. I don't know why he is a pundit, he has just used his presence on TV to write all kinds of books from how to be inspired to probably how to pick ones nose. The reason why I say Harsha Bhogle is I remember in the SA WC, India lost to Aus in the grp stages, and there was the incident, of ppl stoning Kaif's house or painting it black or something, and Sidhu (in all likelihood) who was working with ESPN at the time was blamed for causing this over-reaction. Well later the performances improved and India reached the finals, and somewhere during the good run, the clown Bhogle had the audacity to thank NS Sidhu on air saying that its good NS Sidhu said what he said, to incite the ppl as at least the performances improved !!

Yeah I think Kohli should be kicked for the next match even though Dhoni wouldn't do that. If he sits out 1-2 matches, it could make a huge difference to his mindset. However, the way Kohli is currently playing it looks as if Johnson in his best form will completely destroy him on the Australian pitches this winter. I am talking about two different places with different conditions so I could be very well wrong later on. If Kohli is truly the best cricketer in the world at the moment then he will come good in this 5th test at the Oval because great cricketers fight through tough times just like Tendulkar and Dravid did in their careers. I would still not put my money on Kohli to come good in this last match if I were betting!

Yeah I think Kohli should be kicked for the next match even though Dhoni wouldn't do that. If he sits out 1-2 matches, it could make a huge difference to his mindset. However, the way Kohli is currently playing it looks as if Johnson in his best form will completely destroy him on the Australian pitches this winter. I am talking about two different places with different conditions so I could be very well wrong later on. If Kohli is truly the best cricketer in the world at the moment then he will come good in this 5th test at the Oval because great cricketers fight through tough times just like Tendulkar and Dravid did in their careers. I would still not put my money on Kohli to come good in this last match if I were betting!

Just read this quote from a former domestic Indian batsman about Kohli's issues

KP Bhaskar said:
Former Delhi batsman KP Bhaskar who served the BCCI's Batting Academy with dignity and grace has an interesting input, designed to correct the technical issue that he believes Kohli is facing by not being side-on as he opens his left shoulder when he plays this shot. "It is a weakness that the England attack has often exploited in this series with good outswing bowling," he said.
"Where the deviation is not that lateral as in England, Kohli has been able to adjust but he has to be a bit more side on and knows where exactly his off stump is," Bhaskar said. "He must also not have a stiff bottom-hand but too much must be happening in his mind for him to resolve this on his own."

England vs India 2014 - Virat Kohli, Cheteshwar Pujara must avoid cluttering their minds with negativity | gocricket.com

If this is the case, I dont think Kohli would have as much of a problem in Australia as opposed to England. The lateral movement is a lot more in England than in Australia. And remember, Kohli scored in South Africa against the likes of Steyn, Morkel. So it does seem like this guy above might be having a point.

i would still throw in kohli for the last test he is not dhoni old live with his faults and limitations, he will learn and improve for better or might just wack anderson n co and get back in form with a couple of choicest swear words at the critics.
would even give him the license to get a pair and still not be worried of his place, just go and attack the first 30-40 runs and take it from there.
the difference i have noticed with kohli this series is normally he is angry with himself when he gets out but this series he has looked a bit lost.

What about Pujara to open?He had done it before and can do it again.Rahane could come in at 3,that would prevent an overall top order collapse.At no 5 we could bring in Rohit as well.I think its worth a try.

Users who are viewing this thread