India in England Jun-Sept 2014

S

Satan666

Pankaj Singh has just been unlucky. I said this few posts back that he was very tidy on day 1 but that dropped catch and poor LBW decision went against him. He was all over the place on the second day though but he looks a decent test bowler.[DOUBLEPOST=1406722218][/DOUBLEPOST]Any rain tomorrow? I don't see how we can save this test without rain.

No Rain.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
England is having the perfect test match .. put up a big score. Get a huge lead. Set a huge target :( I just don't see us stopping them this time

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I just dont see a rescue for India here. Not being pessimistic, but its just not showing up anywhere near horizon. We are known for collapsing if we start stonewalling to save the test. Very rarely have we been positive in the second innings, and on those occasions, we have had smaller targets.

England is going to easily set us 500+ here, with 110-120 overs to bowl at us. They are scoring at 4.4 runs (approx.) per over right now. We will be extremely lucky to get out of this test with our lead intact. And seeing Cook's form here in this test, things like ominous for us for the rest of the series.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They have looked hopelessly bad, and have continued their age old tradition of "taking the foot off the pedal after an overseas test win".

100% agree with this. They do it so consistently that it almost becomes admirable. I foresee a declaration after crossing the 470 mark (given that Cook has already gone past 50 now). With India almost always failing when trying to bat defensively, I see no way out of this. 1-1 it is.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
And to add to it, as pointed out before. Cook/Bell are back in form. Which might spell doom for us in the next two games

Atleast we won at Lord's. Right :|

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Shami has looked absolutely horrible throughout the series except the second inning in the Lord's test match. I will be surprised if he plays in the next test match.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Whoa declared .. I honestly dint expect it so early. We are fracked

lion100lion

International Coach
India has nothing to lose from now. The test match has been snatched from them. They should only concentrate on playing positive cricket.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Thing is Dhawan is no Sehwag. Sehwag despite all his flaws was very clear in his mindset. He will go for broke regardless of the situation. That was his role and everyone had made their peace with it.

Dhawan always seems conflicted. Should I block, Should I attack. And it shows in his shot selection

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I imagine this is last-chance saloon for Dhawan now. If he doesn't make a significant contribution here, I don't see him in the eleven for the next test.

lion100lion

International Coach
I imagine this is last-chance saloon for Dhawan now. If he doesn't make a significant contribution here, I don't see him in the eleven for the next test.
I don't see him in the eleven for some series. Gambhir will perform and fix his position.

Users who are viewing this thread