India in England Jun-Sept 2014

grkrama

National Board President
This is the match were MSD gets a century and takes the team forward, after being 1up in the series he has to drag the team out of the mess.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Never seen a more frustrating batsman than Rohit .. bats fluently and plays some gorgeous shots. And then has these tail-ender-ish brainfarts and throws it all away. Ughh

Whats worse is the consistency with which he does that

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
155 more to just avoid follow on .. looking gloomy for us :(

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is the match were MSD gets a century and takes the team forward, after being 1up in the series he has to drag the team out of the mess.

How I wish this would happen, but.....

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India

half way there ..

lion100lion

International Coach
Love to see Dhoni fighting for the team.... Though the Indian scorecard looks ugly, it was not a very bad performance from the Indians if we understand the situation. I think we can now easily avoid follow-on

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^ Even if we avoid the follow on (which does not seem probable at the moment), how is that gonna help us save the test match? England might bat for just 1 session, all guns blazing might I add, and it's all pressure for India again. As a matter of fact, I'd be very surprised if the scoreline doesn't read 1-1 at the end of this match.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Follow on doesn't matter anymore .. Don't think Cook will enforce it since the lead will be less than 250 now. I would be really surprised if he does.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Love to see Dhoni fighting for the team.... Though the Indian scorecard looks ugly, it was not a very bad performance from the Indians if we understand the situation. I think we can now easily avoid follow-on

This was`nt a bad performance? When would you call it a bad effort then, 100 all out? This was a great wicket to bat on for strokemakers. Everybody except Dhawan got going and still none of them could kick on to score big. Its a perennial problem with our batting. You don`t get extra runs for looking pretty as a batsman out there. Someone has to be prepared to hang in there and convert those pretty cameos. Gifting those soft wickets to Moeen Ali for me was what ruined it for us. It also showed up how crappy our tactics with regards to picking a spinner is. We picked a defensive spin option and made him bowl defensively. On the other hand, Moeen Ali who was much ridiculed has bowled attacking lines and picked up wickets. Food for thought for Dhoni and Co.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
India can now only save it. But that's not too tough.

vjOH5FZ.jpg

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
We need to bat out the first session tomorrow if we want to save this test match. Even if we score 50 runs in that session, it will still be worth it. Looking at Cook's captaincy style, England will at least bat for 2 sessions setting a target of around 400-440. We than just have to pray that we don't collapse in the second inning.

Users who are viewing this thread