India in England Jun-Sept 2014

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why has that been a pleasure if you're an England fan?
Probably a similar reason as to why Indian fans want Dhoni out of the Indian test team.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Oh Lord, Jadeja has been absolutely horrible with the ball. Ashwin has to come in next match, Varun Aaron for Shami and Ishant Sharma for Pankaj Singh in the next test match. They can keep Jadeja in the team if they want but he can't be the lead spinner.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Feel bad for Pankaj. He has been the best bowler in Ranji for the past couple of years, and experiences the worst possible test debut. Should have got a couple of wickets, at least.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ishant Sharma for Pankaj Singh in the next test match

Really? Ishant Sharma? I'd prefer Pankaj over him. The other two changes seem fine , but not the Ishant one.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Dhawan continues to disappoint. He is fast eating up his opportunities without producing output. If India lose this test and Dhawan continues to fail, I am pretty sure it would make a case for Gambhir to be called in.

lion100lion

International Coach
Dhawan continues to disappoint. He is fast eating up his opportunities without producing output. If India lose this test and Dhawan continues to fail, I am pretty sure it would make a case for Gambhir to be called in.

Gambhir might be happy. Even I will be happy if Gambhir is included (though I am a Dhawan fan too)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
India have a mammoth task ahead. England will surely bowl better than us (they have quicker bowlers), they know the conditions here, more so after batting on it for such a long time.

Need big hundreds from at least a couple of our batsmen to stay in this.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
And you know my next question. Why?

Cook is a prize a-hole. He's got zero integrity. This idea he's a decent guy is rubbish.

He's in a job he's patently unqualified for, and not got the decency to resign. Look how he hung Gooch out to dry, when he was supposedly his mentor. Compton, KP etc. have their international careers ended because he's so weak he can't handle any strong characters; Anderson and Broad will have their careers cut short because he is such a terrible captain his tactical plan A, B and C is bowl them into the ground - he is sacrificing their careers to his ego.

Bell is more complicated. I always thought he was overrated, mentally weak. Can look great when it's going easy but can't make difficult runs. Then he seemed to move beyond that, and especially last summer seemed to have got right past that.

Then, when it really went tough, he reverts to type and folds. This summer, when they've basically said "you and cook, you're the batting" he has done nothing. No leadership.

In short they're both pricks.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Cook is a prize a-hole. He's got zero integrity. This idea he's a decent guy is rubbish.

He's in a job he's patently unqualified for, and not got the decency to resign. Look how he hung Gooch out to dry, when he was supposedly his mentor. Compton, KP etc. have their international careers ended because he's so weak he can't handle any strong characters; Anderson and Broad will have their careers cut short because he is such a terrible captain his tactical plan A, B and C is bowl them into the ground - he is sacrificing their careers to his ego.

Bell is more complicated. I always thought he was overrated, mentally weak. Can look great when it's going easy but can't make difficult runs. Then he seemed to move beyond that, and especially last summer seemed to have got right past that.

Then, when it really went tough, he reverts to type and folds. This summer, when they've basically said "you and cook, you're the batting" he has done nothing. No leadership.

In short they're both pricks.
I take your point. And I completely disagree with every single part of it.

Users who are viewing this thread