India in England Jun-Sept 2014

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I thought Woakes looked good in his one over today. Bowled mid 80s mph, which is more than enough if he can get the ball to move around a bit in the air, like he did tonight. Just hope he pushes his lengths up and hopefully he can nab a few wickets.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Cook's Captaincy is essentially Andrew Strauss' though, just with a less good bowling attack (i.e. no Swann). It won't change if they go to Ian Bell, because the Captains are just being fed by the management. For whatever reason, the ECB have decided that there is no room for a free thinking Captain in the English team. Essentially, it's Captaincy by numbers, driven by statisticians.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Cook's Captaincy is essentially Andrew Strauss' though, just with a less good bowling attack (i.e. no Swann). It won't change if they go to Ian Bell, because the Captains are just being fed by the management. For whatever reason, the ECB have decided that there is no room for a free thinking Captain in the English team. Essentially, it's Captaincy by numbers, driven by statisticians.

It's negative like Strauss' certainly, but Strauss did have more tactical awareness. He was also clearly a better leader, whereas Cook is just weak, negative, and tactically inept.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
What an innings by Buttler, I've been asking for this kid to be included instead of Prior, now if Robson doesn't get a good run of scores, time for the Hales experiment

bigred

Club Captain
Hales for Robson and this team might start turning things around. Would also love to get Finn back involved having seen him bowl fast at Lord's last week.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Nah, Hales is not test standard yet. If Robson is to be dropped, either bring back Compton or promote Root to open & bring in another middle-order bat like Vince or Taylor.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Hales for Robson and this team might start turning things around. Would also love to get Finn back involved having seen him bowl fast at Lord's last week.

yep, been calling for a Finn return but what kind of shape is he in after all the crap the ECB have tossed his way???

bigred

Club Captain
I don't actually think Robson is such a bad player. However I do think England need to get their run rate nearer 3.5 so bringing in a player like Hales gives us a chance of doing that. Replacing Robson with Compton would have absolutely no benefit. And we certainly can't go back to messing Root around in the order.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
India having opening troubles too.Dhawan falling cheaply yet again and if he fails in the second innings also,I cant find a good replacement.Rahane is set in the middle order and putting him as an opener would only make things worse because both him and Vijay has similar technique.Rohit hasn't been experimented so far but he doesn't seems to fit.Gambhir is the next one in list but he is struggling too.So I think we would stay with Dhawan and hope he would turn things around like he did in NZ.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Warne on about declaring too late. How fun.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Our only hope in this game was if Pujara stayed in there. England already showing up our crappy selection and why pace on the ball is a necessity. Rohit Sharma is a friggin waste of space in the side. He would come out and scratch around for 30 deleveries and then throw it away. We would do well to score 250 here. I fear an innings defeat here for us just after tea time tomorrow.

I`m afraid we are well on course to a series changing defeat here. From here on, this is going to be the trend for the rest of the series.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Our only hope in this game was if Pujara stayed in there. England already showing up our crappy selection and why pace on the ball is a necessity. Rohit Sharma is a friggin waste of space in the side. He would come out and scratch around for 30 deleveries and then throw it away. We would do well to score 250 here. I fear an innings defeat here for us just after tea time tomorrow.

I`m afraid we are well on course to a series changing defeat here. From here on, this is going to be the trend for the rest of the series.
Good lord you really are the most pessimistic set of fans I've ever seen!

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Rahane was fortunate not to be given out to Ali. Huge appeal led by Buttler catching one that brushed the glove down the leg side.

Hot spot showed a small flick.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Hah Kohli pushing outside the off stump. Let's see what Rohit does now.

Users who are viewing this thread