India in England Jun-Sept 2014

lion100lion

International Coach
Wonder how Ishant managed to get injured just before the game? Till yesterday, articles said that he was bowling full on in the nets, and he even threw Ajinkya Rahane off his foot with his bouncers. Just when the guy was starting to do well, he gets out of it.
The first time we are missing Ishant. Otherwise, we even used to question his selection in the team.... :D

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
This is a "Made for English Comebacks" pitch,and this match could easily be a draw.But being 1-0 down in the series,I think the Englishmen would be the last one needing a draw.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Liked the way Ballance got out.He survived earlier in the innings due to an Umpiring mistake and then got out due to an umpiring mistake.God is great,isn't he?

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Any arguments against DRS are made futile by decisions like that.

At some point teams need to say, we are using DRS or we are not going to play you in a test series.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Bhuvi takes a couple of wickets and that means still after bowling approximate of 140 overs,India succeeds in only getting 5 scalps,Let it be of bad pitch or what,this is not a good news to hear.But still happy with that Buvi wickets,one good thing about this guy is that when he gets wickets,he gets them in packs :)

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Don't know about the rubbishness of the pitch .. the little I saw of the game, the pitch had pretty good bounce and carry. And Bhuvi was getting the new ball to talk as well.

Dropped catches and 4 frontline bowlers (of which one is Jadeja) - that's what has really hurt us.

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Our slip fielding has been egregiously bad. I can comfortably say we deserve to lose purely on the basis of that, and I see a heavy defeat forthcoming. We've rarely done well when faced with scoreboard pressure, and England will be doing everything they can to get even after the shitstorm of criticism that was unleashed at their team after the Lord's defeat.

Bowlers have tried, there's been some bad luck, and some bad lines being bowled, and obviously the lack of another frontline bowler has hurt us, but maybe this is the only way the Dhoni/Fletcher braintrust learns their lessons.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
the only pleasure in watching England recently has been seeing Cook and Bell fail. Now they've taken that away from us too.

Users who are viewing this thread