India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
10 overs down .. 120 to go

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Wow, the declaration came earlier than expected. Positive and good decision from Cook. When you show such positivity, you generally win. Shows that England are desperate to win after the Lord's debacle.

I just hope India can wriggle their way out of this. Its a Herculean task, but not impossible. But notoriously, India stone wall their way into doom in exactly these kind of situations and they have done it often.[DOUBLEPOST=1406733887][/DOUBLEPOST]Is there a wicket? Cricinfo said something, but they seem to have taken it back. What's happening?

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Run out .. of all the things

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Oh god.... After all the hard work he did in Trent Bridge and Lord's, Vijay has had a lacklustre test match. Its better we continue to not expect much from him. Probably thats when he will keep performing. We suddenly started expecting more from him after those 2 tests

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

Sorry, couldn't resist. Why, oh why?

After all the hard work he did in Trent Bridge and Lord's, Vijay has had a lacklustre test match.

To be fair, he did well in this Test too. A solid 35 in the first innings (by solid I mean hanging in there and surviving the difficult part) and run outs are really not one batsman's fault. He was looking solid in this innings too.

Last edited:

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Oh god.... After all the hard work he did in Trent Bridge and Lord's, Vijay has had a lacklustre test match. Its better we continue to not expect much from him. Probably thats when he will keep performing. We suddenly started expecting more from him after those 2 tests

What lol ? He scored 30 odd in 90 deliveries in the first innings. And gets run out in this one. Hardly his fault.

If anything, Dhawan might have done more damage by staying on the wicket than he does by getting out before Vijay.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
What lol ? He scored 30 odd in 90 deliveries in the first innings. And gets run out in this one. Hardly his fault.

If anything, Dhawan might have done more damage by staying on the wicket than he does by getting out before Vijay.

Cricinfo says he was sluggish/casual in making his crease during that run out.

A few good test matches doesn't mean a player is immune to criticism. 35 and 12 is still a failure for him, and so I posted that message. I didn't call for his head, did I?

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Why does the pitch suddenly look/appear different when India begin to bat?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Could this be over today? There is still 26 overs remaining in the day. Pujara has been a disappointment in this series considering his reputation. Of course not as much as Kohli, but for his talent and reputation, he has not performed.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
A few good test matches doesn't mean a player is immune to criticism.

Definitely not. But it felt a bit harsh to say he was lacklustre.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
We are on our way to 1-1 en route to 3-1 for England.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Its been a wierd series so far. England were bounced out at Lords and now we have been spun out here at Rose Bowl.

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
We are on our way to 1-1 en route to 3-1 for England.
I dunno, man. True, we've been awful in this Test, with all the ghosts of yesteryear lurking again - incompetent bowling, shoddy fielding, shaky batting in the face of difficult situations, the works - but we've got what it takes to come back from this. Treat this as an aberration, sort out our selection, and we should be competing in the next Test.

Also, and I cannot believe I'm saying this, we must hope and pray that Ishant regains fitness before the next match.

Users who are viewing this thread