India in England Jun-Sept 2014

grkrama

National Board President
he should take a look at Sachin's Sydney 2004 innings
That was an epic innings not by the innings itself but the determination and will power SRT showed not to play the cover drive.The only other person in the current indian line up that can do that would be murali vijay maybe pujara.

More than kohli the person i would like the most to get inspired by that video is MSD, im always surprised that he cant transfer his brilliant mind control over to tests, he was/is never a talented or gifted batsman , all he has achieved is through sheer determination and sound mind to know when to attack and defend in Limited overs, if he can just put away that short arm jab he tries at every outswinger i can surely see him getting more runs, this is not to tell him to be defensive, infact i wouldnt mind seeing a few helicopters when the ball is in the slot around middle or leg, but just cut off this poking around off especially to full out-swingers.

PokerAce

Banned
Its pretty much the same team I have above except for the fact that you have added Bhuvi in there. I would like to play Bhuvi but I would also not like to ground that guy out to dust. He already showed signs of losing his bite possibly due to being overbowled. And he is currently having some niggles. Better rest him than burn him out. They did this with Shami recently, and he has looked a pale shadow in this series. India never know how to handle fast bowlers.

He will be coming off 6 days rest, so he should be fine. India cannot drop the one paces who has done well, especially given that Aaron and Pankaj are totally new and we need a steadying influence. If you rest Bhuvi, and with Ishant out and Shami, basically begging to be dropped, the only option then is to play Binny or Pandey (more likely). The bowling attack then looks very inexperienced. I think not playing Bhuvi would be a mistake.

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
They certainly need to up their performance from the Third test, however, England still need to kick on from the Rose Bowl performance. Fantastic though it was, we could be a long way behind the 8-ball if Anderson struggles in a match. Admittedly, his form at the moment is exceptional, so I don't think it likely.

Recall of Finn is good. I hope he plays, I thought Woakes was unlucky to be wicketless. Jordan is a talent, but perhaps too much like Broad at the moment with regards to consistency? He'll play a big part in the winter of ODIs.

Ballance has been exceptional. Nice to see young batsman shining after going through a few years of new batsmen not doing much in Tests (Ravi, Samit, Compton, etc).

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Jadeja and Anderson should grow up and stop antagonizing people, they have both been at it for years.
At least Jadeja is entertaining, because he is such a doofus, but Anderson is just plain annoying, and boring, yawn.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Fingers crossed the rain will stay away so I can get full use out of this...IMG_0187.JPG

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I still find it pretty hillarious that Anderson is not being charged. On one of the Cricinfo articles, they have mentioned that Anderson actually did admit that he pushed and swore at Jadeja. If that is the case, how the hell is he not guilty? Why do you need the video footage when the guy is admitting to his mistake.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
I still find it pretty hillarious that Anderson is not being charged. On one of the Cricinfo articles, they have mentioned that Anderson actually did admit that he pushed and swore at Jadeja. If that is the case, how the hell is he not guilty? Why do you need the video footage when the guy is admitting to his mistake.
I too saw such an article in the Starsports site,but I thing he said it after the verdict came so he could get punished only if someone appeals.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Although I'm all for including Aaron and Ashwin, I somehow don't see a drastic change in fortune for India. Also more importantly, will Aaron be able to stay fit throughout the test? Will Ashwin manage to overturn his overseas fortune?

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
I hope India doesn't put Pujara to open,although done before,it would alter the whole lineup.Changing the whole lineup for just dropping Dhawan is not great thinking.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Pujara has pretty much been playing the role of an opener in every game - the first innings of all 3 matches, he came out to bat within 7 overs. So asking him to open might not be such a terrible idea, if it gives us more flexibility in the middle order

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Pujara has pretty much been playing the role of an opener in every game - the first innings of all 3 matches, he came out to bat within 7 overs. So asking him to open might not be such a terrible idea, if it gives us more flexibility in the middle order
Then Rahane would have to play at 3 and Rohit at 5 to keep Kohli at 4.Well,doesn't it looks like changing too many things?

Users who are viewing this thread