India in Sri Lanka 2009 (5 ODIs)

2 cheap wickets given to Mendis. :mad:

Last time I remember him batting he made joker of himself at Sydney.

I've had it with these random advertisements of Sri Lanka's beauty. I get it, beautiful beaches, beautiful birds, beautiful scenery, beautiful resorts, beautiful animals :mad.

Just like last time we loose final ODI. Australia win today and India loose, what is happening.

Jadeja!! :) India won for me, but what was it like? 9 bowlers bowling in SL innings? But good try, that won't do a much of a damage, But congratulations to Sri Lanka, they played the game really well. :)..

Outstanding bowler of the day - Balaji, isn't it? :D or Pathan? Oh well, atleast Pathan tried to to create some trouble to batsmen. Balaji.. he was bowling in excellent aggressive line with his pace! We need him much in future too. Lets go and take a step backward and spoil our upcoming plans as well. Selectors will keep an eye on Munaf and RP next. :rolleyes:

Even my office colleagues were saying like.. " OOoooooooh Balaji in the squad. He is going to rock. He was firing for his team in Ranji that too on flat tracks. He is going to rock blah blah ", the same hype in my office which I saw here in this forum.

But as I expected, I saw a

flying_pig.gif

Anyways, Well done Lankans to prevent the whitewash. Oh well, Dhoni's captaincy and Yuvi's smashings and Ishant's firing deliveries and Ojha's 4 wickets and Yusuf Pathan to some extent are all our plus points. Tendulkar's bad luck combined with poor innings, Pathan's lifeless bowling(even commentator was telling that he shdn't drop the pace this much and keep on bowling), Munaf's lifeless bowling are some serious negatives which i felt. :)

Lets look forward to do better in NewZealand which is going to be our nightmare. Lets not take any lifeless bowlers for heaven sake. Ishant and Zaheer in NZ is going to be something bigggggg is what I hope :) Lets see..

Outstanding bowler of the day - Balaji, isn't it? :D or Pathan? Oh well, atleast Pathan tried to to create some trouble to batsmen. Balaji.. he was bowling in excellent aggressive line with his pace! We need him much in future too. Lets go and take a step backward and spoil our upcoming plans as well. Selectors will keep an eye on Munaf and RP next. :rolleyes:

Dude, I don't think you've been watching a lot of cricket recently. Munaf Patel is not the same Munaf. Not at all. And this isn't after one match, this is after quite a few matches. He's improved a lot since the IPL under Warne's guidance.

Dude, I don't think you've been watching a lot of cricket recently. Munaf Patel is not the same Munaf. Not at all. And this isn't after one match, this is after quite a few matches. He's improved a lot since the IPL under Warne's guidance.
Exactly.A lot of talent has been discovered and a lot of existing ones were groomed by Warne & co.
Some of them are Munaf,Yusuf Pathan and now recently Jadeja.
That too Munaf has improved a heaps after the IPL stint, in his bowling,fielding and overall attitude towars the team and the game.Hes a lot fit and better now.

If I am not right, we had to measure the capabilities of a bowler in terms of a long run right? If at all Munaf is picked for next series( I know he would be picked if he is fit), lets see how good he performs.

Remember, the similar story we had... Pathan has become a deadly bowler after getting tips from Wasim Akram? :p Anyways, I am now looking forward for NZ tour. We do have a bad record there. I think it's time to jump to Kiwis tour thread .. Oh well, 1 T20 match is still left.. But I want that March to come soon :D

Exactly.A lot of talent has been discovered and a lot of existing ones were groomed by Warne & co.
Some of them are Munaf,Yusuf Pathan and now recently Jadeja.
That too Munaf has improved a heaps after the IPL stint, in his bowling,fielding and overall attitude towars the team and the game.Hes a lot fit and better now.

I agree with everything you said but Yuseless Pathan is not a talent. He's completely and utterly useless. In this series he averaged 27 with the bat and 86 with the ball :eek:! His batting average is helped by that not out as well.

Don't do that, you are a Gujju not a Punjabi. Basically polar opposites:p.

Polar oppsosites? One state seperating them (Rajasthan). :p I did it on his behalf seeing as he is Punjabi :p

Users who are viewing this thread