India Team Discussion

^^ I dislike this uncouth behavior usually, but honestly a lot of these "journos" these days seem to deserve it. Although apparently this particular journo dint deserve it because Kohli mistook the guy for someone else (LOL ?)

Does anyone know what was this article that had Kohli flying off the handle ?

The guy still shoots off his mouth too often. Only hope that captaincy brings in responsibility and along with that, self imposed restrictions on such appalling behavior.

I think India will do little vs. Windies at Perth coz wicket more help to their tall bowlers, good test for dhawan who got out cheaply on
Extra bounces. I wish 3 spinner play vs westindies probably Charles will play as # 3, bravo out of WC.

NZ have been labelled underdogs in the past editions of the world cup whereas SA were always amongst the favourites. To me this is the weakest side from SA to play in a world cup. We have seen they cant perform under pressure in the game against India, and there doesn't seem to be a self belief amongst the SA players that they can win this cup.

Don't agree with that. This is the strongest batsmen we have ever had at a world cup. Would also rank the top 4 bowlers as right up there. Were this side lacks compared to previous SA sides is the allrounder, there is no kallis,pollock,klusenar, mcmillan or even hall/morkel in this side and that causes the balance issues.

As for pressure will have to see when the knockout games come. Don't think much should be read into losing the odd pool game. India lost vs SA and tied vs england on their way to wc 2011.

if Shami is fit then we will go with:
Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Raina
Rahane
Dhoni
Binny
Ashwin
B Kumar
Shamui
Yadav

Stefan,
Southafrica is not Flat track bully, I bet they will walk in semi, without yesteryear great gun.

Hey No other team is flat track bullies except India and we will not mind it if we have 1 more WC in our collection ;)

Hey No other team is flat track bullies except India and we will not mind it if we have 1 more WC in our collection ;)

Bullying is wrong and horrible. How can you support it so openly ? Now give me your lunch money

Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Raina
Rahane
Dhoni
Binny
Ashwin
B Kumar
Shamui
Yadav

I agree with your line up,but Rahane will bat above Raina because the match is happening at WACA,he is our best batsman in those pace friendly conditions.

Don't agree with that. This is the strongest batsmen we have ever had at a world cup. Would also rank the top 4 bowlers as right up there. Were this side lacks compared to previous SA sides is the allrounder, there is no kallis,pollock,klusenar, mcmillan or even hall/morkel in this side and that causes the balance issues.

As for pressure will have to see when the knockout games come. Don't think much should be read into losing the odd pool game. India lost vs SA and tied vs england on their way to wc 2011.

SA has to be the weakest side since they lost to India, stefan!:rolleyes:p

Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Raina
Rahane
Dhoni
Binny
Ashwin
B Kumar
Shamui
Yadav

Are you serious? You want to drop Mohit Sharma who is bowling superbly right now? Kumar as per reports is still heavily strapped on his ankle. I seriously believe that Kumar's absence has not hurt India at all so far. I will retain Mohit Sharma and keep Kumar out until someone gets injured (which I pray doesn't happen).

well , this side looks strong on paper but I would like both patel and jadoo in indian xi. vs. W.I. in perth.I will give rest to mohit and shami.
binny and Ambati R. not even question to selection unless we select team vs. minor very soon.westindies are too weak vs. spin, so even we bat 2nd.
we still win , unless india prefer seamer we will loose vs. westindies 101 percentage.

my team
dhawan and rohit
kohli and dhoni # 4 for NRR RACE
rahane and raina
ashwin and jadoo
bhuvi and yadav
patel
12 th men ambati rayudu
Tight spell from bhuvi and yadav earn wickets to patel and ashwin plus jadoo will be ends with 10/0/35/0.india should watch out for j. Charles, who is in good nick, I witness both his over 150 innings
on espn.last yet the list if bhuvi unfit than we can incl. mohit in xl.

Last edited:
On a Perth wicket, using three spinners is a total waste of time and would be easily considered amateurish selection. Dhoni so far in this tournament has not selected his XI based on opposition strength, but purely based on conditions. Perth gives more help for faster bowlers and therefore 3 seamers is a must. And this West Indies team is not anywhere near the WI of yore. So its not guaranteed that they will play well against pace. Ashwin and Jadeja are enough for spin duties. Shami comes back for Bhuvi, and that's the only change I see.

India might tinker with their lineup more during the Ireland or Zimbabwe game where we bring in the likes of Binny, Kumar and Rayudu. But I am confident that we will play our best XI (i.e. the XI that played against Pak and SA) for the West Indies game.

last few game at perth vs fast and seam bowlers were hit badly.anyway we can see on march 6th. saisrini Bhai.
you know one thing I do not belive about dhoni or holder
why you give bowling to same bowler even they smacked lots of run during first spell.india always give bowling to
ISHANT even he was hit 17/18 per over.holder had option during last game yet he keep bowling FULL length and gave 95
runs in 5 overs.

those days are not far away when india taste their defeat

last few game at perth vs fast and seam bowlers were hit badly.anyway we can see on march 6th. saisrini Bhai.
you know one thing I do not belive about dhoni or holder
why you give bowling to same bowler even they smacked lots of run during first spell.india always give bowling to
ISHANT even he was hit 17/18 per over.holder had option during last game yet he keep bowling FULL length and gave 95
runs in 5 overs.

those days are not far away when india taste their defeat

Oh. I thought you were discussing constructively till I read that last line.:rolleyes:p

I think the 99 SA W-Cup squad was slightly stronger than this TBF. Batting with both sides slightly even, but the 99 side had the all-rounder depth in Kallis, Klusener, Pollock that this current side lacks.

Users who are viewing this thread