India tour of New Zealand - March 2009

Your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not bad seeing the way we batted throughout this innings. We are playing a different country against a far superior fielding side and a very discplined side. We didnt learn well from the first game. Gambhir was just slogging (there was a guy who held up a banner called 'Indian superhit Slum Slog cricketers':D). Raina swung the bat too and fell. Yuvraj was always flirting with danger, and he was fortunate today at quite a few times enroute to his 50. Dhoni didnt connect at all today except for 1-2 shots. All in all, it was a very mediocre performance from us and probably worser than the previous game.

But the wicket has assistance for the fast bowlers. If Ishant and Zaheer can pick up quick wickets, we could put NZ under pressure. But its all a big if... So far, NZ have played very very well and look set to win the T20 series (sorry manee, I found out that its indeed a series)

Hey NZers, stop fielding so damn well. :p

Seriously NZ has a really good fielding side.

This game is GONE!!! Irfan is again at the forefront with his absolute rubbish bowling. Whats with the leg slip from Irfan? He bowled too much on the leg side and was thrashed by McCullum. Irfan started well first over with some swing, but in the 2nd over, he was back tot he usual 'current' Irfan Pathan

Horrible start to the tour for India! It feels so terrible... Hope the tour doesnt go on like this till the end. We got to bounce back. If India cant win the ODI's or the tests against a team like NZ, we would be fools to think about being world champions.

That LBW was one of if not the worst umpiring decision i've ever seen. Baxter is useless. Absolutely blind.

Wow what a poor decision from the umpire. Even I noticed that deflection with my grainy video feed.

Also, the Indian fielders look like grandparents in comparison to the Kiwis!

As far as i'm concerned Harbhijan should be fined for over-appealing there. He obviously caused the umpire to give it out. That's disgusting. I'm absolutely livid. We better win this now or else.

Last 4 overs have been very good from Bhajji and Jadeja. Jadeja has given only 6 runs off 2 overs. The required rate was almost below 6 and has now come to close to 8 runs an over.... A wicket or two now can help us even better

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

As far as i'm concerned Harbhijan should be fined for over-appealing there. He obviously caused the umpire to give it out. That's disgusting. I'm absolutely livid. We better win this now or else.

When he gave up, the umpire gave out. I dont find too much mistake in that

I thought India were supposed to be the best in the world in Twenty20? =\ Even England managed to beat New Zealand in New Zealand, and then we smashed them at home as well, with Ian Bell playing beautifully when opening, one of the best innings I've seen from him. Gambhir's looked completely out of nick, which is weird considering he's been in great form, has not played well at all.

This isn't over though, Zaheer and Irfan are bowling very good yorkers, and Taylor's now gone.

Pathan on a hat-trick, what an awful ball to get a wicket with as well. Short and wide, edged behind. This is not over yet, India's pretty crap batting innings is being saved by a good bowling performance. Come on NZ ffs, 150's an easy target to chase down, give the strike to McCullum!

Hmm, Yuvraj into the attack, interesting choice. Come on McCullum, give him a smacking please.

First ball: What a fantastic piece of fielding. Raina, teek a boo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread