India tour of New Zealand - March 2009

Your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And then he will come back to India and average 50 the ball. Sorry but this guy is over the hill. I used to admire this guy..But now...

Irfan's been one my biggest disappointments of Indian cricket. He was so, so good and now he doesn't get wickets, doesn't have the impressive banana swing and has an ugly action to boot. I think he's past fixing, as well. It's a shame. :(

irfan has only himself to blame,far too many external distractions.

Will be depressed if we don't whitewash them in tests. ODIs will be much closer.

Damn I'm really looking forward to this. I haven't seen us play against NZ and Windies in a long long time.

I also seriously hope Sehwag doesn't fail in Kiwi land. I'm beginning to think that he's turning into more than just a flat track bully. Let's hope to God I'm right. :upray

He'll get flat tracks in New Zealand. Napier is VERY flat. Wellington and Hamilton are usually pretty good too. You won't see any green tops.

I also seriously hope Sehwag doesn't fail in Kiwi land. I'm beginning to think that he's turning into more than just a flat track bully. Let's hope to God I'm right. :upray

He won't .
The last time round he was the one that saved India from a 7-0 whitewash.

I wish they still had maxi cricket, I enjoyed watching it last time india toured

After beating Australia, NZ will probably have gained more confidence and will be taking that momentum into this series. This is going to be a really good contest!!!

Irfan's been one my biggest disappointments of Indian cricket. He was so, so good and now he doesn't get wickets, doesn't have the impressive banana swing and has an ugly action to boot. I think he's past fixing, as well. It's a shame.

Really is a shame. And you really can't put your finger on what went wrong. Guess it was all Greg guru's maya that did it!

You can't place all the blame on the coach. You have to take abit of responsibility in your own game if you're a professional cricketer. Pathan clearly didn't do that, hence the demise, it's incredibly naive just to place all the blame onto Chappell.

I'm one of the keenest followers of Indian cricket and fast bowling you are going to find and I really have no idea what to attribute Pathan's downfall down to. Part of it is that his original downfall was not as spectacular as one might suspect as he still took wickets in ODI cricket and while he floundered in Test cricket, he was never that good in Test cricket except against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh. However, anyone who watched him bowl during early 2007 or late 2006 could visibly see the downfall, so that is definitely not the entire story.

You can't place all the blame on the coach. You have to take abit of responsibility in your own game if you're a professional cricketer. Pathan clearly didn't do that, hence the demise, it's incredibly naive just to place all the blame onto Chappell.

Agree completely that the coach can't be blamed for a player's fall. But I always thought Mr. Chappell handled him real bad. When Pathan came in to the Indian team he was really an out and out medium fast bowler. He was also a decent bat. But if you go back to when Chappell was the coach he was hell bent on making an all-rounder out of him. Pathan obliged. So he went from a proper fast bowler who aspired to become one of the best bowlers around at the start of his career to one who aspired to be an all rounder. Here in I think he lost the plot. Instead of becoming a outstanding all rounder he became a bits an pieces player. Neither an excellent bowler nor an outstanding batsman.

Users who are viewing this thread