India tour of New Zealand - March 2009

Your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wish to see either Pujara or Badrinath selected along with Rahul Dravid. Either one of them will take over the reins from Dravid as India's stabiliser. The one who takes over should play alongside Dravid and learn from him on how he used to do it, etc. I would go for Pujara because Badri has already played with Dravid and actually I want to see Pujara more (because I have heard more of him than Badri though I support Badri too)

Hoping for a good selection. Bring back Sreesanth. No Munaf's. Zaheer, Ishant, Sreesanth and Irfan should be our fast pack (Irfan could get swing in NZ). Plus he is an allrounder. Bhajji and Mishra should be the spin twins in tests whereas Ojha and Jadeja should be backup to Bhajji in the ODI/T20. Jadeja should go (based on his performance in that sole ODI with his batting

Wish to see either Pujara or Badrinath selected along with Rahul Dravid. Either one of them will take over the reins from Dravid as India's stabiliser. The one who takes over should play alongside Dravid and learn from him on how he used to do it, etc. I would go for Pujara because Badri has already played with Dravid and actually I want to see Pujara more (because I have heard more of him than Badri though I support Badri too)

Hoping for a good selection. Bring back Sreesanth. No Munaf's. Zaheer, Ishant, Sreesanth and Irfan should be our fast pack (Irfan could get swing in NZ). Plus he is an allrounder. Bhajji and Mishra should be the spin twins in tests whereas Ojha and Jadeja should be backup to Bhajji in the ODI/T20. Jadeja should go (based on his performance in that sole ODI with his batting

Jadeja make a case for the test team (not the XI) as it is his performances in the Ranji trophy that got him selected for the ODI series.

OMG, Apparently Rohit Sharma is an ODI Certainty for the series. That just takes the piss.

ODI certainties
Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt/wk), Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, Yusuf Pathan, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Praveen Kumar, Irfan Pathan.

Cricinfo - Pacers' places up for grabs

Why is Pujara not even considered? Would be happy if Badri wins over Rohit Sharma. My fast bowlers would be

Zaheer, Ishant, Sreesanth, Munaf, Irfan

Mishra and Harbhajan as spinners. Dhoni and Karthik as keepers, and 6 batsmen as follows: Sehwag, Gambhir, Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman and Badrinath (if we pick 15 players).

Yeah, I hope we're smart enough to realize that New Zealand isn't the place to be playing two spinners in the XI though. We made that mistake on a few occasions with Kumble and Harbhajan.

Yay Badri sneaks in along with Karthik and Vijay as well as Balaji .
My biggest doubt is why arent the selectors considering Badri for tests.Imo his style suits tests more than the shorter version of the game.
Another mistake by the selectors is ignoring Pujara.Hes unlucky really.
Im not a big fan of Jadeja.But he scored well in the only ODI he played.He is unfortunate to be missed out.

What are Balaji and Karthik doing in side.

Yay Badri sneaks in along with Karthik and Vijay as well as Balaji .
My biggest doubt is why arent the selectors considering Badri for tests.Imo his style suits tests more than the shorter version of the game.
Another mistake by the selectors is ignoring Pujara.Hes unlucky really.
Im not a big fan of Jadeja.But he scored well in the only ODI he played.He is unfortunate to be missed out.

Badrinath isn't in any of the teams Naresh.

Test squad: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt/wk), Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, Yuvraj Singh, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Munaf Patel, M Vijay, Amit Mishra, L Balaji, Dhawal Kulkarni, Dinesh Karthik (wk)
ODI squad: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt/wk), Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, Yusuf Pathan, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Praveen Kumar, Irfan Pathan, Munaf Patel, Pragyan Ojha, Dinesh Karthik (wk)
Twenty20 squad: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt/wk), Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, Yusuf Pathan, Harbhajan Singh, Irfan Pathan, Ravindra Jadeja, Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Praveen Kumar, Munaf Patel, Pragyan Ojha, Dinesh Karthik (wk)
Source

Good to see Balaji getting a go after a great season but I don't think he'll be able to recreate any of that magic at the international level. He's just too slow.

Very happy to see Murali Vijay get a go as well. He probably won't get a game unless we win the first two tests but at least he knows he's t e second choice opener. Shouldn't be too long before Abhinav Mukund and Robin Uthappa challenge him for that spot either. Middle Order Batsmen who have missed out after a good season- Badrinath, Pujara, Rahane, Tiwary. Unfortunate even one of them didn't get a call up but the middle order is just too full at the moment. I'd imagine it to be a very hard situation for the selectors.

Last edited by a moderator:
seriously this is ridiculous,balaji and karthik have no right to be in the side....and i would have gone for irfan and praveen kumar over balaji and kulkarni any day.

Oh well I heard people in my college saying Badri was in T20 and ODI squad.Oh **** man.
What wrong did he do to not get selected.He has done everthing to be selected.Soon Badri will announce retirement from cricket,if selectors dont even turn towards his knocks.

Users who are viewing this thread