India tour of Sri Lanka 2024

Paranoid Kendroid

Alive In The Superunknown
Fantasy Cricket Team
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

India squad for Sri Lanka ODIs​

Rohit Sharma (capt), Ꮪhubman Gill (vice-capt), Virat Kohli, KL Rahul (wk), Rishabh Pant (wk), Shreyas Iyer, Shivam Dube, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Siraj, Washington Sundar, Arshdeep Singh, Riyan Parag, Axar Patel, Khaleel Ahmed, Harshit Rana.

India squad for Sri Lanka T20Is​

Suryakumar Yadav (capt), Ꮪhubman Gill (vice-capt), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Rinku Singh, Riyan Parag, Rishabh Pant (wk), Sanju Samson (wk), Hardik Pandya, Shivam Dube, Axar Patel, Washington Sundar, Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh, Khaleel Ahmed, Mohammed Siraj.

An insight into Gambhir's thought process as coach! Riyan Parag seems to be a huge beneficiary of this new regime. Good for him and I hope they are looking at him as a "batting allrounder" rather than just a batsman.

Abhishek Sharma and Sanju Samson must feel hard done by (another guy too, but I will keep him out considering the franchise I support in IPL). Sanju deserves a run in ODI's, especially when he scored a century in his last ODI.m

The bowling is really questionable. Siraj and Khaleel together??? KLR, Pant should count themselves as lucky to even have been considered in the squad.

The good thing out of this being that KLR is not hyped up as a captaincy option. I do feel there will be a bit of movement in the leadership group, with the vice-captains being rotated instead of the main captain. SKY is here to stay until the 2026 WC. As for the deputy, it might get changed until they find a stable person to take over. I expect Jasprit Bumrah as the front runner across formats, once he is back.

The Samson angle- I get it, he deserves a chance and a longer run. Pant isn't an option anymore as he is very inconsistent in his performances (bar Test matches). For ODIs and T20s, I would be happy if the likes of Jurel and Samson get a look in.

Users who are viewing this thread