Indian Domestic Cricket

^^Yeah, that is what I meant by not understanding what they meant by dropping seniors, coz we have a side pretty much short with expwrience already!!

This Vijay Zol guy looks a solid bat. Just made a hundred on his first class debut against New Zealand A. If Nayar can improve his bowling a little bit, he can also be a handy all-rounder.

Ind A 388/7 (93.5 ov, AM Nayar 102*, DS Kulkarni 7*, IS Sodhi 2/100) - Match over | Live Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Not sure if India would like to see Zol as a bright prospect already. The pitch looked flat and NZ did not have too many good bowlers in their ranks barring Gillespie and Bracewell. Zol's record in U-19 world cup was not so encouraging either. He scored 151 runs in 6 innings back then at an average of 25 with the top score being 72. That said, he looks at ease in FC matches unlike in One dayers. FTR, he hit 451 for Maharashtra Under-19 against Assam Under-19 in the Cooch Behar Trophy back in 2011 but does not have much to show apart from that.

Yes you are right that he did not had much success in U-19 WC. However, his recent performance has been very impressive. He was the highest run scorer in India U-19's series in Sri Lanka and also in Top End Under-19 Series in Australia. He scored 341 runs in 6 matches at an average of 68.20 in Top end under-19 series and scored 166 runs at an average of 55.33 in 3 matches and again ended up as the highest scorer in test series. And now this century is also adding in his good performance. Yes as you said, the pitch should have been flat but as you said, NZ A team had two fast bowlers who have featured in their International test team so that can also work as a confident booster. It's his recent performance that has made me ay what I did in my last post.

I don't get it. Why is Delhi a part of the Challenger Trophy this time?

Delhi 225/9 (43.1 ov, A Nehra 22*, AS Rajpoot 3/32) | Live Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

And what the hell ? If Sehwag, Gambhir and Zaheer were to be a part of this squad, then Sehwag isn't supposed to be representing Delhi, and surely I don't find any reason why the other two were dropped from the 'A' side either.

Lot of confusion..:facepalm

If you see closely, Sehwag, Gambhir and Zaheer are supposed to play in the second and third 4-day game, not the first one. Gambhir is currently playing his last county match with Essex, Zaheer is just coming back from South Africa with his training done and Sehwag is just waring up with this limited overs challenger series.

Sehwag had been undergoing high pressure training in MRF Pace Foundation here in Madras in the bouncy wickets under the close supervision of the legendary G.D.McGrath. He just made a blazing half century today in the NKP Series. Hope Viru blasts his way into the Indian team in all the three formats. #Legend #Respect #WeLoveViru

SEHWAG IS BACK! :D

Playing his first competitive game after May, Virender Sehwag made a solid comeback today! :D

Scored 59 off just 38 deliveries (strike rate 155, it was a one-day game) where most other Delhi batsmen (including the likes of Virat Kohli) struggled a bit and failed to maintain a strike rate of even 70-80.

The best part of his innings was that it was not rusty at all. He looked in great touch, which was so good to see. He also seemed to fitter and leaner. I'm very happy!! :D

SEHWAG IS BACK! :D

Playing his first competitive game after May, Virender Sehwag made a solid comeback today! :D

Scored 59 off just 38 deliveries (strike rate 155, it was a one-day game) where most other Delhi batsmen (including the likes of Virat Kohli) struggled a bit and failed to maintain a strike rate of even 70-80.

The best part of his innings was that it was not rusty at all. He looked in great touch, which was so good to see. He also seemed to fitter and leaner. I'm very happy!! :D

"SEHWAG" is the one topic where we share a great friendship :yes

Said and done, Viru played at 4 down today, but i want to see him only as an opener when he makes a comeback into the Indian team, i want the same Viru who would scare the heck out of any bowler and every bowler right from the first ball of the innings.

Viru played at 4 down today
Not at 4 down, 2 down. At 4th position.

And I personally feel that Viru in the middle order is a very good option too. We have Shikhar Dhawan who creates similar fear in the opposition at the top (at least with his current form). And even if the opposition somehow get some quick wickets, they can't be relieved as they know that Sehwag is still to come! ;)

And I personally feel that Viru in the middle order is a very good option too. We have Shikhar Dhawan who creates similar fear in the opposition at the top (at least with his current form). And even if the opposition somehow get some quick wickets, they can't be relieved as they know that Sehwag is still to come! ;)

Who would he replace in that middle order? I don't really like the idea of having Karthik in the middle order and as I have said before, a fully fit Yuvraj Singh is a must in the middle order of limited overs. The ideal middle order should be:

Kohli
Yuvraj
Raina
Dhoni
Jadeja

I don't really know where you would fit Sehwag in that?

Oh yeah, wrong word there, 2 down.

But dude, Dhawan and Sehwag? I agree Shikhar is a brilliant cricketer but well Sehwag is a legend. Not even close as Vaibhav told.

Ranaji final is going to be special one. My state team will play into it after a long period (though I'm not fan of the team). Will be supporting Maharashtra in finals.

Users who are viewing this thread