Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Which team will eye Jr. Tendulkar this time? I can't see anything out of the ordinary that he has done so far which catches the attention of the team owners.
Arjun Tendulkar is there purely based on the last name, that name holds so much weight in Indian cricket. But on the cricketing side of things, teams might want to groom him as left arm seamers aren't easy to find in India and that in a few years he'll probably play in a starting XI by then. Would be a big surprise if he even made his debut for a side this season with only two T20's under his belt.

It makes sense for MI to pursue him given Sachin's history with the franchise but I'm sure some teams will want to go for him to help out their bowling depth, a team like RR for instance.

I think MI will buy him. MI will always remain on the top of the points table so they will give him chance in 1-2 matches only due to his father.

I think MI will buy him. MI will always remain on the top of the points table so they will give him chance in 1-2 matches only due to his father.
Gambhir will also laugh after hearing this

Expect Shahrukh Khan to be the big breakout star of this auction. Teams (CSK in particular) will be kicking at themselves for having ignored him last season when he had already proved himself.

Imagine him going to KKR :D

DK being played in TN might urge Venky Mysore & co. to pick him up in the auction.

DK's always been a massive fan of him too, wouldn't be surprised if that happens. I doubt whether they would want yet another middle order batsman though, what they desperately need is a proper top order batsman.

Maxwell Lol! Last time 10 cr now already 12.5 Cr.

RCB getting screwed as always lol.

Glenn Maxwell has shown interest to be the part of RCB this season. And I've often seen franchises let such players go. Because no point in getting someone who is physically present but his mind is somewhere else. Instead, let them play in whichever team they want. One of the example is Gautham Gambhir switching from KKR to DC. And there wasn't much fight from other teams to get him as he had already publicly said that he wants to play for Delhi.
We never know what's going on in Mike Hesson's mind. Maxwell at 14+ lol.

If CSK has brains, they should dangle the Ngidi carrot to RCB and get Zampa.

Maxwell might land up at RCB. It just fits the bill. Overrated chap with big bucks having a dud season.

What I am finding extremely extremely fishy is the fact that MI have let go off Pattinson and Coulter Nile after Malinga put in his retirement last month???? They even let go their insurance policy of McCleneghan!!

RCB have let go off Morris after a pretty decent year.

Call me crazy but this tells me that some fast bowler is going to get an insane amount of money and has put his name in the hat for the auction. Kyle Jamieson has had a bonkers home season with the red ball stuff but other than Mitchell Starc I cannot think of any other fast bowler who would make even the mighty MI go banana's. Expect MI, RCB, KXIP at least to break Cummins record pay day. Naturally, KXIP will also go for Morris. Has Mohommad Amir already got a British passport?

I just knew it with Maxwell. I just knew it.

Users who are viewing this thread