Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Morris at MI would have made a lot of sense in all fairness. Their tail is filled with bunnies and having Morris in there ensures someone who slogs at the end. In addition, frees up Bumrah for the powerplay overs. Oh well, wonder what he shall offer to Rajasthan other than ensuring that Archer doesn't go crazy after watching Unadkat concede yet another fifteen runs in a death over.

Also, Dawid 'Number 1 T20I bat' Malan for a base price of 1.5C? Seriously? :rolleyes

I just knew it with Maxwell. I just knew it.

The only thing I could think of was your reaction to this entire process and when Chennai would pull out leaving RCB to hang out dry.

Not the biggest fan of Mo at that sort of price especially, but I suppose if he can smack spinners around on a day 5 turning pitch at Chepauk, he surely has a chance of doing that again in a T20. Also solves the whole issue of us needing an off-spinner although I'm more interested in his batting, doubt whether his bowling will be much useful. On the other hand, this does ensure that there will be plenty of pressure on Dhoni's shoulders now with the bat. Hope he is up for it after a torrid last season.

Faf
Gaikwad
Raina/Jagadeesan (Faf at three if Jags plays)
Rayudu
Mo/Satnav (push him down to eight if he plays)
Jadeja
Dhoni/Curran
Curran/Dhoni
Chahar
Thakur/Sai Kishore/leggie
Tahir/Hazlewood/Ngidi

Mike Hesson wanted a finisher. He got it in Maxwell. On the other hand, 3 former RCBians sold to different franchises at decent price. I hope they don't avenge their release like it has been in past so many seasons. :p

Mike Hesson wanted a finisher. He got it in Maxwell. On the other hand, 3 former RCBians sold to different franchises at decent price. I hope they don't avenge their release like it has been in past so many seasons. :p

If Hesson genuinely wanted a finisher, Maxwell is absolutely not the player that they should have gone for.

That is what he said when they asked him about going after Maxwell. It looks like they wanted to up their brand value since many fans 'demanded' the management to get Maxwell.

I think I've said it before in a more detailed post but Maxi is absolutely not a finisher type of player. Sure he could do that in a couple of games but at best you'd be wasting his potential and at worst he'd be nothing more than a bowling all-rounder who you don't really trust with the ball either. RCB's lineup really did not need Maxwell either, I'm confused as to where he slots in?

Milne for 3.2C after having that shocker of a BBL season. IPL teams really do need a revamp of their scouting systems sometimes.

Someone please tell the RCB guys that they need people to bat beyond number 4.

How they ignored Nair for 0.5 is beyond me.
Post automatically merged:

Bangalore's current death bowling is looking in more tatters than it ever has.

Do not understand the obsession with P.Chawla and J.Unadkat. Time and again they have proven to fail in T20 and Chawla especially had a horrible 2020 season.

Gowtham at 9.25??

This may just be the worst deal of the auction. When you've got Maxi, Morris, Mo and Jhye going for such high prices and Mumbai making questionable purchases, can't believe that Chennai managed to top them all with that Gowtham deal.

Azharuddeen at base price is a real steal, good work from RCB.

Azharuddeen at base price is a real steal, good work from RCB.

Probably their best purchase. Not good for his career though. I'm shocked they didn't get Nair for 50L. He plays all his cricket at that ground and would have formed such a good combo with Paddikal.

Users who are viewing this thread