Indian Premier League - General Discussion

I think RR did a mistake by trading Uthappa to CSK. He is better than Vohra and Yashasvi. He was not used properly in the last season. He batted at number 5 in starting matches.

And Tewatia should bat ahead of Dube.

I wouldn't judge before Uthappa plays for us but still think they had a surfeit of openers which is why they went with that trade. I agree that he wasn't used properly at the start and looked better as an opener but then again, he was also sluggish between the wickets, a liability in the field and struggled versus genuine pace. He is still very good versus spin.

Dube needs to work on being good at the shots he can play. It is clear that he doesn't have answers to every ball but if he can still be devastating versus deliveries that he can play, RR have quite a player on their hands.

The more I see of Tom Curran, the more I keep wondering how in the world does he find a place in a team, especially with overseas restrictions in place. His IPL record states that his economy is 11+ (although he is only 12 matches old but it is still quite high). He keeps messing up the death overs consistently while the commentators keep bringing up the fact that he is known for his death bowling which puzzles me even more....

The more I see of Tom Curran, the more I keep wondering how in the world does he find a place in a team, especially with overseas restrictions in place. His IPL record states that his economy is 11+ (although he is only 12 matches old but it is still quite high). He keeps messing up the death overs consistently while the commentators keep bringing up the fact that he is known for his death bowling which puzzles me even more....
Doull compared him to Jade Dernbach (a comparison I made a while ago:yes) and said bowlers like that have short careers. I assume he means short at the top tier. It's the most cold-blooded comment I've heard on IPL/ Indian cricket for some time. I was surprised DC picked both him and Woakes when Rabada was back.

Woakes in the top 10 averages for overseas bowlers. 2nd best strike rate. :yesView attachment 246384

Chris Woakes is THE MOST underrated cricketer of his generation. He hasn't hit it big in the IPL because of a lack of opportunities which obviously began with the fact that he was playing earlier for the franchise that has the most consistency in backing and creating players.

Chris Woakes is THE MOST underrated cricketer of his generation. He hasn't hit it big in the IPL because of a lack of opportunities which obviously began with the fact that he was playing earlier for the franchise that has the most consistency in backing and creating players.
I think he's been unlucky and underused even when available. Before this generation Anderson would have been retired for some time and Woakes might have double the test matches as a bowler. If Ben Stokes hadn't debuted shortly after he may have played much more as a top seven all rounder.

I'm glad he's rose to the top as a leading ODI bowler and he was crucial to the World Cup win. He was missed in the recent series. A very good IPL and it might make England's ignoring of him in T20 look foolish, especially when only two bowlers in that format looked any good in the recent series v India.

Doull compared him to Jade Dernbach (a comparison I made a while ago:yes) and said bowlers like that have short careers. I assume he means short at the top tier. It's the most cold-blooded comment I've heard on IPL/ Indian cricket for some time. I was surprised DC picked both him and Woakes when Rabada was back.
When he started Tom Curran didn't he bowl quite a few Yorkers against Australia back in 2017-18 , had a decent BBL the following year as well.

Maybe I am wrong or not good at this but looking at Tom Curran face with that headband and his hairstyle looks like he has been going through a mental trauma or something has a very depressing look on his face these days.

That look on face you can clearly distinguish back when he started and now.

Then

images

Now
tom-curran.jpg

Have noticed this during the recent India-England series and even evident in the lastest IPL

Well one can argue that not getting wickets can make you go from first to second pic but I have noticed this difference lately.

Again these are my views my completely be incorrect and might not have significance in his performance at all.

When he started Tom Curran didn't he bowl quite a few Yorkers against Australia back in 2017-18 , had a decent BBL the following year as well.

Maybe I am wrong or not good at this but looking at Tom Curran face with that headband and his hairstyle looks like he has been going through a mental trauma or something has a very depressing look on his face these days.

That look on face you can clearly distinguish back when he started and now.

Then

images

Now
tom-curran.jpg

Have noticed this during the recent India-England series and even evident in the lastest IPL

Well one can argue that not getting wickets can make you go from first to second pic but I have noticed this difference lately.

Again these are my views my completely be incorrect and might not have significance in his performance at all.

If you were in Bengal, the Dinda jokes would be out and about on this post.

Unadkat showing form just in time, a season before auction. Who will bite the bullet next time?

Yet again... NO CHANGE for CSK!! Thankfully the coin landed in our favor and despite Punjab defending against RR, this is a chasing ground and so CSK should feel better about it.

Hoping this XI has a change in fortunes today!

SRK: Fantastic Innings #Talent

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread