Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Would any of you consider the inclusion of Ishant Sharma as a reserve quick? I think he's bowling really well at the moment.

Well tbh this has been really disappointing this season by SRH. The bowling has been fine, but the middle order is getting eaten apart by other teams. It's just convenient when teams finally find a way to keep Warner quiet now and move on to rattling the rest of batting order. On the whole, Delhi have bowled quite well after Bairstow got out, coupled with strong inexperience shown by Bhui. I'm not even sure now if SRH can make the playoffs at this stage with such a weak batting core. This team badly needs a Russell.

Well tbh this has been really disappointing this season by SRH. The bowling has been fine, but the middle order is getting eaten apart by other teams. It's just convenient when teams finally find a way to keep Warner quiet now and move on to rattling the rest of batting order. On the whole, Delhi have bowled quite well after Bairstow got out, coupled with strong inexperience shown by Bhui. I'm not even sure now if SRH can make the playoffs at this stage with such a weak batting core. This team badly needs a Russell.

They still haven't got their middle order problem from last season, sorted. Vijay Shankar started off well, but he seems hitting the "cold" spot. Warner and Bairstow have been among big runs this season, but Williamson's unavailability and the middle order issues have caused problems for SRH. And also, I think teams are starting to play Rashid Khan better and we saw it towards the fag end of last season itself and it has continued. And Bhuvi hasn't been the same force he once was. He looks a different guy post his recent injury. Nowadays batsmen feel like they can target Bhuvi successfully at the end.

When you see a master class from ABD, you got to give him the strike, even at the cost of your own wicket. But Akshadeep choose to be the junior ABD. Lol

Today AB probably got the most undeserved 50 but the way he played towards the was just amazing. Especially that shot over fine-leg which went for six. And the way he got out says a lot about luck that it doesn't last forever. We are heading towards a good entertaining match now. Hope MI wins this one :spy[DOUBLEPOST=1555345255][/DOUBLEPOST]
When you see a master class from ABD, you got to give him the strike, even at the cost of your own wicket. But Akshadeep choose to be the junior ABD. Lol

I think it's more of AB's fault. He would've never made his ground anyways

The ball was turning today RCB needed somebody like Washington Sundar instead of Siraj or Umesh. But nonetheless a good for MI to get back on track after losing to RR couple of evenings back.

And with that loss RCB are probably out of the competition highly unlikely they will 6 out of the remaining 6 to male it 7 all and other results going their way as well.

To be honest, I don't feel bad anymore about anything related to them. I am used to it. You should see the way I am treated among my friends. I'm the lone RCB supporter and they genuinely believe that if they come up against RCB, even an apocalypse won't beat them.

I really can't believe that they decided to go with Pawan Negi for the 19th over considering how destructive is Hardik Pandya against spin bowling. Shadab Khan, Fakhar Zaman, Malinda Pushpakumara, Adam Zampa and Todd Astle knows it better, but still :facepalm

Don't know when will Kohli stop dissapointing me and others and so as his fans and RCB fans :facepalm

I really can't believe that they decided to go with Pawan Negi for the 19th over considering how destructive is Hardik Pandya against spin bowling. Shadab Khan, Fakhar Zaman, Malinda Pushpakumara, Adam Zampa and Todd Astle knows it better, but still :facepalm

Don't know when will Kohli stop dissapointing me and others and so as his fans and RCB fans :facepalm
Kohli wanted to go with Saini in the penultimate over but the suggestion from Nehra ji in the dugout made him changed his decision to bowl Negi.

Kohli wanted to go with Saini in the penultimate over but the suggestion from Nehra ji in the dugout made him changed his decision to bowl Negi.

I know but he should have used his own thinking as well. Could've said to Negi to bowl a wide Yorker or something like that so that Pandya can't score easily[DOUBLEPOST=1555398944][/DOUBLEPOST]And that also suggests poor team management from RCB

This batting order is what I’ve expected from RR since day 1. They could send Rahane in at 3 if a wicket falls in the first 7-8 overs, or else if two wickets fall in quick succession. If not, Samson’s the perfect player to be the number 3. The two openers could be extremely aggressive since they know that Rahane’s the man who’ll come if they lose their wicket early. Rahane could play a role similar to what Badrinath did for years with CSK as a flexible anchor. If Stokes is in there at 5 instead of Binny, this lineup would be complete, with a finisher in Turner and Gowtham/Gopal to follow.

Edit : and of course they send Samson in at 3 when I predict the opposite :p

Hate to say this, but such a crunch game and Punjab's captain is putting his hand up.[DOUBLEPOST=1555435510][/DOUBLEPOST]This is a big big game for Punjab. You can see it in their body language. Shami has just been piss poor today and this is exactly what I fear in the World Cup. He panics in big time moments.

Users who are viewing this thread