International Cricket 2010 Discussion Thread

I have to admit I am taking some pleasure in the PC lot being left out this time. We were totally shafted last time even though we paid more for the game and did not pirate it at all! (ps3 that is)

I'm glad it's not coming out on pc too, never heard such a bunch of wingeing plonkers in my life and most of them would have stole the game anyway.

Great idea about the bowling cursor only appearing a couple of seconds before bowling to try and replicate real batting, I have thought this would be a good idea for a while.

Only concern I have is that if it comes out this summer then I think it will be a rush job again(as in AC 09), I'd be much happier if they play tested it to death and released it later in the year. Great news though.

As long as it is a good game which is not rushed, im happy with it being released on the Xbox 360 or PS3 . I've already said before its a blessing in disguise that it aint coming out for the PC , heck 95% of PC users are pirates & they dont deserve games like this anyway.

I already have an Xbox 360 & i dont mind getting myself a PS3 so that me and Mark could play together ( in the most platonic of senses that is ).

I would miss having few mods for this game , but well if thats the price for a properly tuned online gaming experience then so be it :)

Kabooka, check the FAO Xbox users thread, Microsoft does care about us!

For the love of god let us use mics this time on ps3. Its so frustrating trying to send messages back and forth on PSN.

hMarka added 0 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

I already have an Xbox 360 & i dont mind getting myself a PS3 so that me and Mark could play together ( in the most platonic of senses that is ).

Flipping sweet dude, CaptainOz has one and even dutchy might get one.

Not to mention the ps3 AC09 community on PC was the most active out of all the consoles, had the most mature players and most tournaments.

Ps3 FTW :happy

I will have one by the end of May. I need someone to physically bring it to me because it costs $300-400 to FedEx it here. I bought it in December :facepalm.

craigslist? get a used one, im sure their cheap by now. I see some for 200 bucks here plus games and 2 controlles.

I've seen PS3 Slim 120GBs for $428, cheaper than that you'd need to go for a used one. You can pick up a fat PS3 under $300, something that has tempted me despite having a 360 already. Game occasionally have cheap used ones, EBs are rip offs. If you have a small-ish pawn shop (or a better Cash Converters, there are some dodgey ones out there) they occasionally way underprice things.

We can all play together in an orgy of Test and limited overs cricket action

(get your minds out of the gutter :p)

As long as it is a good game which is not rushed, im happy with it being released on the Xbox 360 or PS3 . I've already said before its a blessing in disguise that it aint coming out for the PC , heck 95% of PC users are pirates & they dont deserve games like this anyway.

I would miss having few mods for this game , but well if thats the price for a properly tuned online gaming experience then so be it :)
That, is despicable. Your proof for claiming 95% PC users are pirates?

Moreover, you people do know that its much easier to port console games to PC's than vice versa, don't you? (Even though they're sometimes very shabbily done, take GTA IV for an example).

That, is despicable. Your proof for claiming 95% PC users are pirates?

Moreover, you people do know that its much easier to port console games to PC's than vice versa, don't you? (Even though they're sometimes very shabbily done, take GTA IV for an example).

Kshitiz, we've been friends for some time, but boy you talk a load of bollocks sometimes. Of-course it'll be a high percentage of PlanetCricket users have AC09 illegally, maybe not 95% but I'll take a stab and say 80% and over.

When the PC beta patches come out, how many people came onto the forum asking for help because it wasn't working with a pirated game.

Its not an issue of porting things about, its an issue for Codemasters when people so easily steal your game, and you make no money on the PC.

Its the same with anything. If Ford (car company) wasn't selling Focuses, they'd drop the price, if they still couldn't sell any, they'd somewhere along the line discontinue the car.

Kshitiz, we've been friends for some time, but boy you talk a load of bollocks sometimes. Of-course it'll be a high percentage of PlanetCricket users have AC09 illegally, maybe not 95% but I'll take a stab and say 80% and over.

When the PC beta patches come out, how many people came onto the forum asking for help because it wasn't working with a pirated game.

Its not an issue of porting things about, its an issue for Codemasters when people so easily steal your game, and you make no money on the PC.

Its the same with anything. If Ford (car company) wasn't selling Focuses, they'd drop the price, if they still couldn't sell any, they'd somewhere along the line discontinue the car.
His statement referred to PC gamers as a whole. I don't remember it being specified to AC09 players, and even more to PlanetCricket users. So yeah I do talk bollocks sometimes, but not in this case. PlanetCricket AC09 users paint the whole picture of PC gamers?

That, is a poor analogy as well. When Ford manufactures a car it has the car's raw material costs, labour costs, and the costs which went in the R&D, to cover. It is not the case with softwares... though I know a lot of money does go into software making, its not all waste on a PC as a platform. As a matter of fact, I remember BLIC 2007 one could play online without even having an original copy, and I'm not sure if that was the case with AC09 as well since I never had it. Simple measures such as having a dedicated server and forcing people to buy games to play online also does generate a lot of sales. I can pretty confidently say that at least half the piracy in asia is because of a lack of awareness, people just don't know that those $2 CD's / DVD's aren't the proper way to purchase them.

I understand that it would probably be a business decision to drop PC as a platform due to low margin of profits, but some of the exaggerated statements on here are ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread