International Cricket 2010 Discussion Thread

In your opinion, anything discussed here by PC members, has it a chance of being contemplated by the Trickstar devs?

good question although if this game is supposed to come out Q2 you would expect it is pretty much finished. (Which is sad really because you can only imagine it is the patched version of the last game with a few additions.)

Please please please let the AI fielding tactics be sorted, please!!

I'd certainly hope so.
I personally think that Trickstar would be very foolish to ignore the views and experience of members here (but then again I would say that!).

I'd certainly hope so.
I personally think that Trickstar would be very foolish to ignore the views and experience of members here (but then again I would say that!).

Mmmm, they don't have a really good track record though do they, or is that unfair???

I'd certainly hope so.

You'd imagine it would be a foolish thing to do, the vast majority of us members have very similar ideas about what needs to be in a Cricket game. I think a good "season," or "tour," mode would be needed for each country.

Obviously only a certain number of grounds can be licensed so getting 5 stadiums per country for a proper series is unlikely especially as everyone apart from Eng/Aus will be unlicensed, there's no reason why they can't add generic stadiums.

got an idea if you throw out some of your comic books, sticker books and barbie dolls you will have more room for a ps3 or worst case scenario an x box.
A console user helping a pc dude out, see we have are uses.

Comic books? Haven't touched one since I was ten. Sticker books? Ditto. As for barbie dolls, well if they're common in your life - whatever floats your boat...

Mmmm, they don't have a really good track record though do they, or is that unfair???

Thats my main worry, these companies think they know what they're doing, but its not necessarily what we want.

One of the other reasons that I wouldn't buy a console is if it goes wrong, generally speaking you're stuffed and if it's out of warranty, that's what - ?100+ to get it fixed? With a PC, it's not usually that hard to find the problem, fix it and off you go again. Witness my nephew's PS3 - the drive stopped reading games. Now, if that had happened with my PC - I would've been off to the local computer shop down the road, new DVD-Rom drive for ?20 and up and running again. When it comes to a console, you have to know what you're doing to replace parts such as the disc drive.

@Simbazz - you could well be right. It's a similar situation with films or music - the critics might love a film, but the general public don't get it at all.

Edit: I'll retract my comment about wishing it's an awful game - that was childish and as that email posted said, they're not ruling out a PC version in the future.

Thats my main worry, these companies think they know what they're doing, but its not necessarily what we want.

True. The best way would be for them to get the "community" involved in the developing phase rather than in the testing phase so that real substantial features can be part of the main fabric of the game as it were. Then again that might be happening withou "us" knowing........

One of the other reasons that I wouldn't buy a console is if it goes wrong, generally speaking you're stuffed and if it's out of warranty, that's what - ?100+ to get it fixed? With a PC, it's not usually that hard to find the problem, fix it and off you go again. Witness my nephew's PS3 - the drive stopped reading games. Now, if that had happened with my PC - I would've been off to the local computer shop down the road, new DVD-Rom drive for ?20 and up and running again. When it comes to a console, you have to know what you're doing to replace parts such as the disc drive.

@Simbazz - you could well be right. It's a similar situation with films or music - the critics might love a film, but the general public don't get it at all.

Edit: I'll retract my comment about wishing it's an awful game - that was childish and as that email posted said, they're not ruling out a PC version in the future.

I see very little point arguing points between consoles and computers. Its preference in the end, my personal opinion is that if you want to game, get a damn console its their sole purpose. However, I've never owned a gaming PC due to expense really so I can't comment properly.

True. The best way would be for them to get the "community" involved in the developing phase rather than in the testing phase so that real substantial features can be part of the main fabric of the game as it were. Then again that might be happening withou "us" knowing........

The best thing for them to do is be in close, regular contact with the Admins, they know what we wants because they want the same! It apparently worked well with the beta for AC09. I don't have it on PC so who knows.

Had it been Transmission we were led to believe we would be involved this time in development and testing. Trickstar are not Transmission (despite having many of the same employees) and the producer at the Codemasters end is now John Szoke not Jamie Firth.
We'll have to wait and see.

Good on ya Steve! Lets face it, we all want a decent cricket game that we can love and enjoy for the foreseeable future. These arguments about what is better to play games on is a waste of time: it comes down to personal preference anyway.

There isn't much we can actually do if the game isn't being released on PC. As I said earlier we can fire ideas at them but the testing phase etc has to be done on debugged consoles.

Some games only come out on PC (or are only any good on PC), such as the Total War series and various Flight sims (ones with guns, that is) - and I just find it an annoyance to have to play one type of game on PC and another on console.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

There isn't much we can actually do if the game isn't being released on PC. As I said earlier we can fire ideas at them but the testing phase etc has to be done on debugged consoles.

There you go...

Don't most console games start life on a PC anyway? If that's the case, no gaming PCs, no console games - no games at all, in fact,

Just saw this thread and have high expectations from these guys.
They have always produced some brilliant Cricket Games, and I am pretty confident that this one will be no exception.

Users who are viewing this thread