International Cricket 2010 Discussion Thread

What Im finding hilarious and tragic at the same time is Codies' complete lack of logic or perhaps its total ignorance with this whole "action cam" bullsh!t.

Of ALLLL the things we've been harping on for YEARS, i.e. in-depth stats tracking, better AI and innings pacing, custom tournaments etc. etc they decide "oh I know....how about an ACTION CAM?" Why the hell is that relevant or even an option? How will this be anything else than a stupid gimmick that you use once and then never again because of its daftness?

Seriously...thats like the worst idea ever for a genre of games where many of the actual gameplay issues havent been resolved. Nice one Codies...great way to spend your valuable time only 3 months prior to release. I swear the entire game will probably be AC09 with a new UI and ACTION CAM! woooo

So the game's not coming out on PC, meh who gives a rats - stats show (and we all know how everybody is obsessed with stats) that 99% of people who got Ashes Cricket played it on either xbox or playstation.

i made mistake bought the game both on ps3 and pc in order to support but guess i will try to sell my ps3 copy as pc copy works good with beta patches

So the game's not coming out on PC, meh who gives a rats - stats show (and we all know how everybody is obsessed with stats) that 99% of people who got Ashes Cricket played it on either xbox or playstation.

That's the last time I show any sympathy to console owners because they didn't get the beta patches for Ashes 2009. Remember, those beta patches were tested by PC Users, so if Transmission hadn't gone to the wall, you would've benefited from our unpaid beta testing! And who said anything about everyone being obsessed by stats? Not me, mate.

Another thing I hate about consoles is when playing something like Fifa, the management sections are a damn nightmare because you have to scroll up and down with the sodding gamepad.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

What Im finding hilarious and tragic at the same time is Codies' complete lack of logic or perhaps its total ignorance with this whole "action cam" bullsh!t.

Of ALLLL the things we've been harping on for YEARS, i.e. in-depth stats tracking, better AI and innings pacing, custom tournaments etc. etc they decide "oh I know....how about an ACTION CAM?" Why the hell is that relevant or even an option? How will this be anything else than a stupid gimmick that you use once and then never again because of its daftness?

Seriously...thats like the worst idea ever for a genre of games where many of the actual gameplay issues havent been resolved. Nice one Codies...great way to spend your valuable time only 3 months prior to release. I swear the entire game will probably be AC09 with a new UI and ACTION CAM! woooo

Most likely mate.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Why do people always want so many stadiums? If FIFA has relatively few stadiums why would a cricket game. Aslong as theres a bit of variation and they all have a wicket and outfield im not complaining. I dont see the fuss with slightly different envrioments. I'd rather 2 teams in 1 stadium with good gameply than 140 stadiums every team ever.

Why not have both?

Another thing I hate about consoles is when playing something like Fifa, the management sections are a damn nightmare because you have to scroll up and down with the damned gamepad.

Haha, you haven't changed have ya... Still trying to back up PCs over Consoles...:D

That's the last time I show any sympathy to console owners because they didn't get the beta patches for Ashes 2009. Remember, those beta patches were tested by PC Users, so if Transmission hadn't gone to the wall, you would've benefited from our unpaid beta testing! And who said anything about everyone being obsessed by stats? Not me, mate.

I think thats a bit far to be honest, you wasn't an unpaid beta tester, as a PlanetCricket user you exclusively got to try the beta's.

Secondly, you're grouping all console users together. Which is massively unfair to those who don't really give a crap who games on what.

Lastly, if people want to play IC10, get a console. Its the only thing which you can do. There's no point in arguing, if Codies feel that they cannot justify bringing this out on PC due to whatever reason, then its their decision.

I don't moan when Football Manager doesn't come onto the Xbox 360 (Yes FM07, was it, was awful but still..)

PC users can hope EA follows suit soon. Hopefully they'll see the good sales from Ashes and IC2010 and do something for 2011 WC. Meanwhile enjoy your patched Ashes 09 and the Super patched Cricket 07 or buy a console. X360 arcades are dirt cheap.

ENOUGH PC/CONSOLES

PC users can hope EA follows suit soon. Hopefully they'll see the good sales from Ashes and IC2010 and do something for 2011 WC. Meanwhile enjoy your patched Ashes 09 and the Super patched Cricket 07 or buy a console. X360 arcades are dirt cheap.

ENOUGH PC/CONSOLES

Yes, and they die really quickly as well. I've stopped playing Ashes 09 due to the lack of content.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Haha, you haven't changed have ya... Still trying to back up PCs over Consoles...:D

Well, it's true - it's a pain to play the management sections of a football game with a gamepad.

I play my mate on Ashes Cricket 2009 all the time, and we have cracking, realistic games. We play 20 overs a side, and the scores are realistic, averaging 160, depending on the state of the pitch. Lovin it - so much tactics involved.:D

hi i posted on 21st about something lazy chestnut posted , why has it been removed and the same with lazy chestnut original post it was very interesting anyway :spy

hi i posted on 21st about something lazy chestnut posted , why has it been removed and the same with lazy chestnut original post it was very interesting anyway :spy

Yes, that's dodgy. If he wanted his post deleted, that's fine. But if your post was deleted, I smell bullshit there.

What he said in his post was that he has tested an early version of this new game. He also said that we should be impressed with the action cam feature.

i would like to know who are the extra 4 teams being added on the updated 16 team roster and what new stadiums there are as there is 3 extra ones on this new game

Lazy's post was removed because he was discussing things he probably shouldnt have been doing and any replies to that post were removed too as they wouldn't make sense otherwise or they directly quoted what he said. If he is aprt of a beta testing team he would be under a NDA. This is all speculation as i am not a moderator but this is the way i read it....

He asked for it to be removed in a post report according to modcp

Ah cheers, but probably for the reason I mentioned or he didn't want to be inundetated by millions of requests to shed light on this or that or I am talking about as much sense as half a chicken in a tupperware box....

Users who are viewing this thread